MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2016 Edition*Updated (03/25/16)

Options

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enslaved wrote:
    Its about tinykitty time we get 4* PVP events. They better have superior rewards than the 3* events too.

Haha, you're new huh?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    So the Daredevil PVP should award Elektra covers for all placement awards. I suppose that would be the true start of 4* PvP.
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif said the devs
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For Electra pvp, oml strikes slightly less scary. Just have to make sure u have the purple.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    *(03/14/16) Hi-Fi - Added link to new character sneak peek precis: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=41336
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh wow, Elektra pvp! I guess I have to start leveling her up... I was going to wait until I had enough ISO to do it in one fell swoop, but I guess there's no time like the present.

Even though it's stressful to need to level up pvp characters, I think it's a good change. It keeps us on our toes! I've already champed all my 3*s, so I'm set for all those 3* pvps.

Very interesting. I hope we have more 4* pvps for old (ie non-new release) characters. Bravo, devs!

It would be great if 4* pvps had better prizes! One can dream!

And yes, OML is going to be tough.. don't let her steal your strikes!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would be awesome to have a community manager who actually plays the game.

Cause what we really want to know is whether this 4* pvp is a one-off, whether the prize structure is different, etc.

Things that a player would like to know because it's stuff that concerns him.

As it is, a 4* pvp gets announced as an aside, without any further info. Brilliant.

I can't even begin to describe how much additional communication would help the mood around here.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Would be awesome to have a community manager who actually plays the game.

Cause what we really want to know is whether this 4* pvp is a one-off, whether the prize structure is different, etc.

Things that a player would like to know because it's stuff that concerns him.

As it is, a 4* pvp gets announced as an aside, without any further info. Brilliant.

I can't even begin to describe how much additional communication would help the mood around here.
    Less info = more speculation = more buzz.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When listing the upcoming PvE events, would it be possible for you to note how many days the event is?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    When listing the upcoming PvE events, would it be possible for you to note how many days the event is?
    They are Always the same length. Simulator is Three Days, Enemy of the State is seven. I agree that sharing that info in the initial post is good though.
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:

Cause what we really want to know is whether this 4* pvp is a one-off, whether the prize structure is different, etc.....

I think this is a one-off because DareDevil is premiering on Netflix this week. Gotta get that in-game marketing...
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Less info = more speculation = more buzz.

Except what usually happens instead is.

Less info = more speculation = people imagining what they want to see = rage when they're given the same old turd instead.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boy I hope we get Elektra covers as top 100 placement rewards in PvP, said no one ever.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wonder if they'll put her at 800 for that? doubt it. hope so though. hope for the best, expect the worst. really sums up this game.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boy I hope we get Elektra covers as top 100 placement rewards in PvP, said no one ever.

I actually "need" 2 redflag.png s and 1 blackflag.png so I won't complain.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can only imagine they are running Elektra to show how they fixed the worst 4* out there. Right?!?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I can only imagine they are running Elektra to show how they fixed the worst 4* out there. Right?!?

How does running an Elektra PVP show off how they fixed Totally Awful Hulk?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Varg138 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Cause what we really want to know is whether this 4* pvp is a one-off, whether the prize structure is different, etc.....

I think this is a one-off because DareDevil is premiering on Netflix this week. Gotta get that in-game marketing...

And the last time Blind Justice was run was only 2 seasons ago. It usually takes 4 or 5 seasons for an event to roll around again.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Varg138 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

And the last time Blind Justice was run was only 2 seasons ago. It usually takes 4 or 5 seasons for an event to roll around again.

Yeah this really looks like a one-off. The new 4 is probably a new Punisher, and both are featured chars in the Daredevil second season, so if I have to vet this is a one-off (but I hope they add 4 PvPs with new rewards, concurrently to 3 PvP soon...)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It probably is a one-off promoting the new Season of Daredevil, but it could be a sign of things to come - a 4* PVP happening every so often to showcase something or another.

I have no objections, it does shake things up a bit...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GrimSkald wrote:
    It probably is a one-off promoting the new Season of Daredevil, but it could be a sign of things to come - a 4* PVP happening every so often to showcase something or another.

I have no objections, it does shake things up a bit...
    Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have to always make guesses about stuff like that?