DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Alright, I made a private FB group for Django. Hopefully, it will make private discussions easier. If you are not already a member of the new group, PM me.
  • #2 on Hard icon_e_biggrin.gif

http://imgur.com/9a7RRCl

#11 Overall. Not exactly at my goal of 10% alliance score but...good enough icon_razz.gif

BTW, why is no one here in my bracket? Am I too good so I'm put into the pro-player bracket? icon_razz.gif
  • Hi hi. Sorry for the late check in but I posted up above that I couldn't play until tonight. Did well tonight, though the scaling is hurting, with many nodes hard/deadly and me lacking the typical "cheap" characters like spidey, cmags, patch. At 32783 after one run through tonight and 3/1/1 overall. I may play a bit more yet tonight. Go Django!

I took a screenshot of my 3/1/1 but I'm not sure how to attach it from my IPad.
  • I'll be up for another hour or so, but I'm at 37K total at the moment.

TheUnwiseOne, I believe we're in the same Easy Sim if you want to check me out at the top of the board icon_e_smile.gif

Ahem, whose number 1 now? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Also I just did another run through of easy mode, knocked them all down to less than 70. I don't have it in me to knock them down to 1. I will wait until the last 4 hours to do my last run through, that way I might get maximum points. Also, my nipples are cold.
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    Hi hi. Sorry for the late check in but I posted up above that I couldn't play until tonight. Did well tonight, though the scaling is hurting, with many nodes hard/deadly and me lacking the typical "cheap" characters like spidey, cmags, patch. At 32783 after one run through tonight and 3/1/1 overall. I may play a bit more yet tonight. Go Django!
    No problem. Thanks for the check-in!

32K in one run: I'm impressed. And yeah, the scaling does indeed hurt. I'm running AWolv + OBW + Psylocke with pretty good results: 2 out of 3 are significantly buffed, so Strike tiles + heal + AWolv red for a 4100-damage precision nuke.
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I took a screenshot of my 3/1/1 but I'm not sure how to attach it from my IPad.
    No need for the screenshot. But, if you're so inclined, it should be in your photo gallery. You'll then need to upload it to an online photo-sharing service, and embed the link to its new online location in your comment.
  • my next hm reset is at 10 my time but at the moment im 33 hm and 197 em im seeing how effective two resets are on easy mode
  • Unwise I got more than 39k now
  • Tannen wrote:
    TLDR; Rubberbanding works well for single people, but I suspect it can be gamed if there are multiple people from the same alliance in the same bracket.

~~~

For example, we're all in one bracket (pretty hard, I know) I start grinding straight away. I have 0 rubber banding effect (cos I'm first) but the rest of you wait 8 hours and then start. My lead is now massive. You all get rubberbanded against me, you get many more points than I do.

Next refresh I do the same thing, I grind from the start with a bit of rubber banding (cos some of you passed me) and I end up well ahead, as my points are completely refreshed. -- When I pass you, my rubber banding wears off, but that should happen fairly quickly, because I was first before. I then grind down to 1 on each stack ensuring that my point score is the highest possible.

When your refresh comes up, you all have max rubberbanding again because I've grinded early. People won't do this when they're playing by themselves because the rubberbanding helps so much, it's not worth constantly grinding up at first place. However, when you're in an alliance you can use rubberbanding to help point gain immensely for ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS IN THE SAME BRACKET.

If we're working together, we then have 1 grinder and 19 rubberbanders all providing points for the alliance. (This will hurt the grinder, but ultimately they're doing it for the alliance, so they'll stick it out.)

If we're all in different brackets, we have 20 grinders, all trying to provide points for the alliance. (This will burn us all out)

~~~

That's my take on it. I'm not sure if it's right or not, but unless they're accounting for this, it's a reasonable assumption given the way that rubberbanding works.

Possible quick-fix for this -- ensure that people in the same alliance are NEVER placed in the same bracket. -- This will require 20 brackets off the bat and probably more as time goes on, but it does ensure that people can't game the system this way.

Can we organize this for the next event?
  • JulietLima wrote:
    Alrighty I'm home and ready to kick butt!! Personal goal: achieve 10% of alliance score!

Catching up on overnight chat #1:

I like the way you think!
  • JulietLima wrote:
    BTW, why is no one here in my bracket? Am I too good so I'm put into the pro-player bracket? icon_razz.gif

Catching up on overnight chat #2:

Brackets are based on time of starting, not MMR.

Plus, there's a special bracket for noobs that you're probably in. icon_lol.gif
  • Unwise I got more than 39k now

Catching up on overnight chat #3:

Good going! I need to get my rocket boots on to catch you! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    Tannen wrote:
    TLDR; Rubberbanding works well for single people, but I suspect it can be gamed if there are multiple people from the same alliance in the same bracket.

Catching up on overnight chat #4:

Rubber banding is based of global leader, not bracket leader. IceIX confirmed this in another thread.

(This made me wonder about who that global leader is? Must be a hard-core MPQ junkie. I wish we could see!)

I do like the consideration of best alliance strategies though - keep 'em coming!
  • HailMary
    Finished third run, didn't wait for full rubberbanding, because I'm marginally sane. Now at 44,494, rank 1 across the board.

Edit: And look who's rockin' out with me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

VzpiEqL.png?2
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Tannen wrote:

Rubber banding is based of global leader, not bracket leader. IceIX confirmed this in another thread.

Simply based on what I'm seeing, it's using the leader in my main bracket, not the global leader.

Unless the global leader has the same score (+- 100) as my bracket leader... Which is possible I guess.

Cheers
  • Good morning America. icon_e_biggrin.gif

312jtqr.jpg

Points are eerily similar to HailMary - 44,486. Tempted to do one more node just to be beating him. icon_lol.gif

P.S. DjangoUnbuffed is back in 2nd place. 5DV have about a 5k lead. Keep going team!
  • Tannen wrote:
    allorin wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    Tannen wrote:

Simply based on what I'm seeing, it's using the leader in my main bracket, not the global leader.

Unless the global leader has the same score (+- 100) as my bracket leader... Which is possible I guess.

Cheers

Anything is possible! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Took me a wee while to find it:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5085&p=85505&hilit=global+rubber#p85505
  • c3ARGgzl.jpg?1npeAXjWl.png?1
    not bad waiting for the last reset
  • Great stuff! Keep it up!
  • fast push allorin.. I also got > 44k..