DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• With a quick bit of math, if the avg score that 2 refreshes have gotten us is 30,000 then we should have 5 or 6 people left right?

WHERE ARE YOU????? icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif
  • Hahahahahaha! **** awesome sig pic.

Edit: Though it should say, " 'cos we're tinykitty."
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    allorin wrote:
    Sorry, I meant hopefully we still have people left to do this refresh. Not a major drama, I'm just sad to see us slip! Let's see where we are midnight Sunday night. I'm worried I'm going to be scaled out of Hard all together.
    Ah, got it. And yeah, I got scaled out of several nodes.
    allorin wrote:
    And yeah, S.H.I.E.L.D have clearly taken a different approach. Rubber banding seems to be working for them. icon_e_surprised.gif
    Well, when virtually your entire alliance can shrug off scaling lockouts... icon_neutral.gif
  • allorin wrote:
    Hahahahahaha! tinykitty awesome sig pic.

Edit: Though it should say, " 'cos we're tinykitty."

DONE
  • Why, hello there...

1z32lo9.jpg
  • allorin wrote:
    Why, hello there...

1z32lo9.jpg

Tear him a new one.
  • It shouldn't be too hard to tear me a new one. I'm putting in extra effort for this one for you guys, but it's killing me. Stayed up until 5am last night after work to get in a refresh, but I felt sick today. Ground down some missions this afternoon afternoon that I had skipped, but I don't know how much I can push this. I need to learn shields system.
  • HailMary
    dlaw008 wrote:
    It shouldn't be too hard to tear me a new one. I'm putting in extra effort for this one for you guys, but it's killing me. Stayed up until 5am last night after work to get in a refresh, but I felt sick today. Ground down some missions this afternoon afternoon that I had skipped, but I don't know how much I can push this. I need to learn shields system.
    Feel better, man. icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    dlaw008 wrote:
    It shouldn't be too hard to tear me a new one. I'm putting in extra effort for this one for you guys, but it's killing me. Stayed up until 5am last night after work to get in a refresh, but I felt sick today. Ground down some missions this afternoon afternoon that I had skipped, but I don't know how much I can push this. I need to learn shields system.
    Feel better, man. icon_e_smile.gif
    I'm good. Just have to figure out something smarter than Brute forcing this stuff.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    TLDR; Rubberbanding works well for single people, but I suspect it can be gamed if there are multiple people from the same alliance in the same bracket.

~~~

For example, we're all in one bracket (pretty hard, I know) I start grinding straight away. I have 0 rubber banding effect (cos I'm first) but the rest of you wait 8 hours and then start. My lead is now massive. You all get rubberbanded against me, you get many more points than I do.

Next refresh I do the same thing, I grind from the start with a bit of rubber banding (cos some of you passed me) and I end up well ahead, as my points are completely refreshed. -- When I pass you, my rubber banding wears off, but that should happen fairly quickly, because I was first before. I then grind down to 1 on each stack ensuring that my point score is the highest possible.

When your refresh comes up, you all have max rubberbanding again because I've grinded early. People won't do this when they're playing by themselves because the rubberbanding helps so much, it's not worth constantly grinding up at first place. However, when you're in an alliance you can use rubberbanding to help point gain immensely for ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS IN THE SAME BRACKET.

If we're working together, we then have 1 grinder and 19 rubberbanders all providing points for the alliance. (This will hurt the grinder, but ultimately they're doing it for the alliance, so they'll stick it out.)

If we're all in different brackets, we have 20 grinders, all trying to provide points for the alliance. (This will burn us all out)

~~~

That's my take on it. I'm not sure if it's right or not, but unless they're accounting for this, it's a reasonable assumption given the way that rubberbanding works.

Possible quick-fix for this -- ensure that people in the same alliance are NEVER placed in the same bracket. -- This will require 20 brackets off the bat and probably more as time goes on, but it does ensure that people can't game the system this way.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Also... I'm sitting on 34k waiting for easy to refresh
  • Alrighty I'm home and ready to kick butt!! Personal goal: achieve 10% of alliance score!
  • Ok time to check in for the members of our alliance that are hiding.

Noob
    Ballatician
    Gozu
    MTGO + Mimmer
    Pats123
    Rajj
    Veikka
    Bughunt
    Coolbond

How are you all doing in the event. Still on 1st or 2nd refresh?
  • 37,5K total points now, third, first and first on the rankings. About 25 hours left on the sub events.
  • Unwise I am starting 2nd refresh now
  • allorin wrote:
    I like you guys. You chat nearly as much as we do. icon_cool.gif

Thanks icon_lol.gif Congrats you guys have been doing awesome! Every time I look at the scoreboard you guys are in the top ten.
  • HailMary
    Tannen wrote:
    ...we're all in one bracket (pretty hard, I know) I start grinding straight away...

When your refresh comes up, you all have max rubberbanding again because I've grinded early. People won't do this when they're playing by themselves because the rubberbanding helps so much, it's not worth constantly grinding up at first place. However, when you're in an alliance you can use rubberbanding to help point gain immensely for ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS IN THE SAME BRACKET.

If we're working together, we then have 1 grinder and 19 rubberbanders all providing points for the alliance. (This will hurt the grinder, but ultimately they're doing it for the alliance, so they'll stick it out.)

If we're all in different brackets, we have 20 grinders, all trying to provide points for the alliance. (This will burn us all out)
    I like your strategy, and it seems optimized for raw point accumulation. However, 20 Alliance members almost certainly means more members miss out out on top-tier subevent rewards than if we were more spread out. Also, scaling is an issue, esp. since our alliance is primarily comprised of 2*->3* people. That said, direct collaboration is definitely an avenue to explore.

Edit: Made modification to your strategy. See FB.
  • Ok time to check in for the members of our alliance that are hiding.

Noob
    Ballatician
    Gozu
    MTGO + Mimmer
    Pats123
    Rajj
    Veikka
    Bughunt
    Coolbond

How are you all doing in the event. Still on 1st or 2nd refresh?

I'm in the same main bracket as Allorin. I'm currently 7th 37043 and he's at 11th with 36578

Mimmer is 17th with 35137
  • I'll be up for another hour or so, but I'm at 37K total at the moment.

TheUnwiseOne, I believe we're in the same Easy Sim if you want to check me out at the top of the board icon_e_smile.gif