DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• allorin wrote:
    The big question is - will it be an alliance event?
    yep it will icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quick bit of business: The next alliance event will be starting shortly. It is PVE, at which I am terrible. I'm going to need everyone's help here. If one of you lot who has a good grasp of this stuff could please run down the best way to maximize our points for myself and any of the new members whom it might help.

Also, I understand that joining early leads to some difficult brackets, but is the best way to maximize raw points. There are also variable timings of rubberbands (8 or 12 hours or something else), but we won't know what those are until someone has taken the plunge and discovered them in the event, correct? Could someone who either does this or keeps up on the boards post the rubberband timings and other necessary info here for me and others?

DjangoUnbuffed is not primarily about winning everything, but I sure wouldn't mind placing above some other obnoxious alliances. Let's really try our best!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    GENERAL REMINDER: All specific strategies and concrete strategy discussions should be shared privately among Djangoliers.

For now, we will use PMs for this.
  • Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I might be a little sparse on the forums for the next month. I'm a PhD student and it's the last month of the semester, which basically translates to the 9th ring of hell. I'll still be playing a ton though (helps me de-stress) and on here periodically.
  • FoxMulder wrote:
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I might be a little sparse on the forums for the next month. I'm a PhD student and it's the last month of the semester, which basically translates to the 9th ring of hell. I'll still be playing a ton though (helps me de-stress) and on here periodically.

You're a PhD student? Clearly too smart for DjangoUnbuffed.

But you obviously aren't too smart if you think "food" is spelled "PhD". So there.
  • PMs I think will be too unwieldy. Can we use the Facebook page?

P.s. I held top 10 so I have a 3/3/3 LazyThor. Good times.
  • dlaw008 wrote:

You're a PhD student? Clearly too smart for DjangoUnbuffed.

But you obviously aren't too smart if you think "food" is spelled "PhD". So there.

yayyy food stamps woooo
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    PMs I think will be too unwieldy. Can we use the Facebook page?

P.s. I held top 10 so I have a 3/3/3 LazyThor. Good times.

Yep, already PM'd everyone with the FB page. icon_e_biggrin.gif Great minds.

Also, yes, LThor is nice. Finally got my Heroic Top 10 rewards, and compared my 3/3/3 L77 LThor to my 5/2/5 L77 Thor: same health, higher damage on all three abilities ceteris paribus. Now LThor (he kinda looks like a "Joe") is at L85. Good. Times.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary wrote:
    As long as you ensure full refresh, most of the people who passed you between your refreshes won't get anything close to max point value, so they're basically f---ed. It's actually kinda entertaining, in a schadenfreudic way, to watch people grind to the top between refreshes, knowing that they've basically got no chance at top 10 in the end.

The flip side is that it's horrible when you're forced to be on the other end of this, when you know that the grinding that you're doing won't get you anything because you're doing it too early.

On the flip side, I kept above 50 and have an extra green LThor. icon_e_smile.gif

It's silly how much better he is than normal thor in terms of ability damage. At the same level as normal thor (mine's not 85) he does more damage with less covers. That's just rude. The only thing that is _under_ is the tile match damage, which doesn't really matter anyway.

Lazy Thor will be maxed by a LOT of people. Prepare to see him everywhere.
  • So buffed heroes for captain America event? Ill go with the captain himself, lazy Thor, BP and maybe DD icon_e_wink.gif
  • HailMary
    Tannen wrote:
    It's silly how much better he is than normal thor in terms of ability damage. At the same level as normal thor (mine's not 85) he does more damage with less covers. That's just rude. The only thing that is _under_ is the tile match damage, which doesn't really matter anyway.

Lazy Thor will be maxed by a LOT of people. Prepare to see him everywhere.
    If I recall correctly from my L77 comparison, the ability damage difference between Thor and LThor is approx. one cover, i.e. 4-red LThor does about the same red damage as 5-red Thor at the same level.

I'm looking forward to using LThor, but I'm not looking forward to using him against everyone else's LThor.

Glad to hear that you managed a cover even with suboptimal rubberband timing.

TU1: Or maybe the other Whedon Avengers: IM35/40, Hulk, MHawkeye, and maybe even the BWs.
  • Tannen
    edited March 2014
    TU1 -- Nice sig pic. Thumbs up. icon_e_wink.gif

Hrm. Lazy Cap doesn't look so lazy.

Snip from IceIX's post.
    IceIX wrote:
    max Peacemaker that stuns for 2 turns, creates a 3 turn Countdown tile that returns 10 blue AP, and *leaves behind a 291 Protect tile.*

Leaves behind a 291 protect tile? This is probably the most used ability for me when I break out Cap at present. It's a little mediocre because its only use is a stun that can't stun lock unless you have 22 blue, but for it to leave the tile and create a 291 protect tile afterwards makes this far more interesting.

The red will be scaled up (like lazy thor) so we could be looking at decent damage as well as tile removal.

Yellow. Meh. If it stays at 19 it won't be used. Dump ability.
  • Tannen wrote:
    TU1 -- Nice sig pic. Thumbs up. icon_e_wink.gif

haha thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • FoxMulder wrote:
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that I might be a little sparse on the forums for the next month. I'm a PhD student and it's the last month of the semester, which basically translates to the 9th ring of hell. I'll still be playing a ton though (helps me de-stress) and on here periodically.
    Last month of the semester for me too!

Here's hoping the PvE isn't 12days or something like that...
  • JulietLima wrote:
    FoxMulder wrote:
    Last month of the semester for me too!

Here's hoping the PvE isn't 12days or something like that...

ITS 9....... so your ok icon_e_smile.gif
  • oh **** 9 days... icon_e_sad.gif
    it'll be really hard for me to keep up. I'll try my best. It's really hard to fight LVL230 dakens and bullseyes with my LVL85 team
  • JulietLima wrote:
    oh **** 9 days... icon_e_sad.gif
    it'll be really hard for me to keep up. I'll try my best. It's really hard to fight LVL230 dakens and bullseyes with my LVL85 team

did you do the jug event? scaling wasnt too bad in that one so you should be ok
  • God we talk alot in here. 33 pages and only 32 are from HailMary.

On a different note, i added a little something into my sig pic, and in all honesty i am quite pleased with myself, so if you would all like to thumb me, I'd like that....very much.
  • Tannen
    I'll thumb ya! -- Get a green one in ya.

As a side note, getting all of the alliance to 25 rep means that we can downvote...

Although I'm not sure that gaming the system is the way to do it.

Mind you, with 32 pages, well, we're talking a lot so obviously we know what we're saying.
  • HailMary
    God we talk alot in here. 33 pages and only 32 are from HailMary.

On a different note, i added a little something into my sig pic, and in all honesty i am quite pleased with myself, so if you would all like to thumb me, I'd like that....very much.
    Silhouette Strutter is, ironically, precisely not thumbing the skull. Ergo, comment not thumbed.

And yes, we should get each other to 25... except for TU1. We'd need to invent completely new words for "abuse of power" ("powbusation"? "ridicutator"?) if that happens.