DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Just now: was playing GTA 5 and MPQ at the same time, up against L126 Thor in DChamps. Killed Thor's friends, and got him down to 2300 HP. I hit him with AWolv green, made a match, looked back up at GTA 5, got onto the freeway in-game. I looked back down at MPQ: I'd won the fight. I was so surprised that I flew off an overpass, sailed nose-first into a drainage tunnel, crumpled my shady buddy's car, and now I'm stuck in a giant ditch with said shady buddy (in the game).
  • HailMary wrote:
    Just now: was playing GTA 5 and MPQ at the same time, up against L126 Thor in DChamps. Killed Thor's friends, and got him down to 2300 HP. I hit him with AWolv green, made a match, looked back up at GTA 5, got onto the freeway in-game. I looked back down at MPQ: I'd won the fight. I was so surprised that I flew off an overpass, sailed nose-first into a drainage tunnel, crumpled my shady buddy's car, and now I'm stuck in a giant ditch with said shady buddy (in the game).

I just lolled.

P.S. That's some awesome multi-tasking. When I'm playing MPQ, I can't even listen to my wife at the same time...
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    This isn't a massive secret, so I thought that I'd re-mention it here...

For the new pve, if you have a 5 blue Spidey consider running him with 4 purple Venom for devour. Run Venom at level 5-10ish then use purple + spidey's blue to create web tiles while collecting black. Never deliberately cast devour with less than 6 web-tiles on the board -- the point at which devour instant kills. I have used this combo and have found that this works really well - Venom never tanks any colours, and has enough health to survive small aoes. Spidey uses blue to spam out web tiles. Purple provides additional web-tiles. Black for devour. -- Use any purple before you use blue.

I've yet to see any other ability that can simply remove the 20k+ health pool of a 230 Hulk or Juggs -- a 141 Patch's "Best there is" at 5 with all 64 tiles using his emblem does ~14k damage.

Having said that, running him as anything other than a counter for ridiculous health pools is silly, as is running him in pvp (he's a free kill at that point) icon_e_smile.gif
  • So I'm on 695 points in Divine Champions, 300 ahead of 2nd ;-0 and I just pulled a black Doom cover of all things. Now if I finish in the top 5 I would just need 1 blue to complete him, but I'm not gonna wait. Gonna level him up to 100 straight away. I can then swap him out with OBW when I feel like it. Actually quite excited to use Doom, more so than any other character I have icon_e_wink.gif

Also got my Punisher from 117 to 119 but I'm just 27 iso away from the big 120.

Also got my MMR back down to a low level icon_e_smile.gif all in all its been a good night.
  • I managed to bank 40,000 ISO in the last 3 days to pump into whoever is buffed for the alliance PVE. God I hope g's not Lazy Thor! I still don't have one!
  • unwise pumping punisher to 141 directly? I see u putting everything into punisher..
  • unwise pumping punisher to 141 directly? I see u putting everything into punisher..

nope he stays at 120 for now icon_e_wink.gif next its Doom until i get him to 100
  • there is another post on punisher on e forum it is either 120 or 133. 120 is when it outshine lvl 85..
  • So i see our "lets go to FB and talk tactics" idea was a big success....... ummmm well done for those that participated icon_e_smile.gif

You get a thumb
  • So I ran up to about 525 yesterday in Divine Champions. I made sure to try to manage my MMR as I went. Yet then I started seeing ridiculous teams like 3 buffed to 210 141s, people like walkyourpath and similar. Attempts to remedy that were to no avail, so I stopped fighting. And now since last night I've had multiple defensive losses to people like TheLadder. Especially since I can't play past around 6pm tonight, I'm thinking this is not the right tournament to try to rank icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • Im just glad that this tourney is Doc Doom I only need 1 blue and 2 black so only need to place top 10. should be an easy tourney icon_e_smile.gif

nope he stays at 120 for now icon_e_wink.gif next its Doom until i get him to 100

You'd be amazed at how much difference going to 141 on a character makes
  • HailMary
    edited March 2014
    Alright, the new Simulator PvE's specs are out, and it looks like Alliance rewards are structured with more sensible tiers now.

Alliance main:
    1-2 Blue Captain America 5000 ISO 500 HP
    3-10 Blue 2500 100
    11-25 Blue 2000 50
    26-50 Blue 1500 25
    51-100 Blue 1500
    101-250 Blue 1000
    251-500 - MN Magneto

Alliance subs:
    1-2 5000 ISO 100 HP
    3-5 2500 ISO 50 HP
    6-10 2500 ISO 25 HP
    11-25 2000 ISO 25 HP
    26-50 2000 ISO
    51-100 1500 ISO

I wonder if Alliance sub rewards are based on global comparison of simple sums of Alliance member points. If so, then depending on how the rubberbanding cards fall, exactly, those of us who do a single sweep near the end of a sub may be at a disadvantage in terms of unbracketed sub-point aggregation.

EDIT: Powered-up Heroes:
    Bullseye, MHawkeye, 2* Wolvie, Ares, Hood and Daredevil, and a different 3 star Character every round
    Rotating buffed characters: Doom, Psylocke, LThor, Black Panther

Just to get a rough idea for possible strategy discussion, who here doesn't have all of the powered-up 3*s?
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    So I ran up to about 525 yesterday in Divine Champions. I made sure to try to manage my MMR as I went. Yet then I started seeing ridiculous teams like 3 buffed to 210 141s, people like walkyourpath and similar. Attempts to remedy that were to no avail, so I stopped fighting. And now since last night I've had multiple defensive losses to people like TheLadder. Especially since I can't play past around 6pm tonight, I'm thinking this is not the right tournament to try to rank icon_e_biggrin.gif .
    Heck, I'm just frustrated at mirror matches against L126 Thor + L126 C.Storm teams. So much more health loss than I'm used to. I think I'm taking this one easy, esp. since Simulator PvE is starting.

EDIT: Well, darn. Doom is one of the rotating buffed heroes. Sigh, I should probably get at least two covers for him, then. In other news, I suspect that the only reason many people keep DD around is for his buffs in PvE.
  • I remember the first Simulator I had just started playing and I was thinking, "How the hell am I going to get into this thing? These entrance guys have THOUSANDS of hit points and all my guys are wimps!."
  • Someone with highest character at level 80 is leading my divine champion bracket icon_e_smile.gif
  • HailMary
    Rajjeq wrote:
    I remember the first Simulator I had just started playing and I was thinking, "How the hell am I going to get into this thing? These entrance guys have THOUSANDS of hit points and all my guys are wimps!."
    Heh. And then, "Hey what? I didn't know my L30 AWolv has 3500 HP. Sweet!"

But yeah, my L89 LThor has 10K+ HP in the easy-sub-unlock node. It's niiiice. That said, I depleted my Iso leveling him, so now I need to scrounge around for stuff to feed my other Powered-ups ("Pups," for short).
  • So how is everyone doing so far in the event? Has anybody not started? BUnited seem to be way out in front so i guess all their members have played, and our score seems low to theirs so i guess maybe half of us haven"t played yet?

I did a run through of the easy mode and knocked them all under 100. Same with the Hard mode. But then my battery died lol so in an hour or so i will go knock them all under 50 and thats me until the next refresh icon_e_smile.gif

The scaling has already hit the hard mode for me, just a little so far but its noticeable, anyone else see it in theirs? im 1st in the main bracket too but that wont last icon_e_smile.gif

Finally, i have 20000 iso to spend and i wanna ask all of you. Doom-38 or Punisher-120????
  • Punished is way more useful. Doom is good, too, but Punished is just excellent.
  • HailMary wrote:

Rotating buffed characters: Doom, Psylocke, LThor, Black Panther

Just to get a rough idea for possible strategy discussion, who here doesn't have all of the powered-up 3*s?

Hey how do you know the rotating characters? I was wondering if its really worth it to use some iso on psylocke only for this first tourney.