DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Microtom wrote:
    I think this is how it ended:

< IMAGE >
    Oh nice! Congrats, dude!
  • Strategy is always the same with me as it hasn't failed me yet(been ages since i didn't finish in the top 10)

Tank before each event

Enter event with 10 or 5 hours left depending on what shield i wanna use

Play for 2 hours and shield

Get prizes

Take a pee

Repeat icon_e_wink.gif
  • DLAW: I think you deserved to be top billing in my sig pic so there you go, now don't get an ego or a big head or we will relieve you from your position by force (tickling)

COOLBOND: my best was getting 1st in a lightning round (still my only 1) in the very last minute by 2 points. I wet myself with excitement. True story
  • Strategy is always the same with me as it hasn't failed me yet(been ages since i didn't finish in the top 10)

Tank before each event

Enter event with 10 or 5 hours left depending on what shield i wanna use

Play for 2 hours and shield

Get prizes

Take a pee

Repeat icon_e_wink.gif

nearly the same for me exept i do not tank and i go in ether at 3 or 8 and i always come 30 minuts before the event ends to check my standing
  • coolbond wrote:
    just made the most amazing rush for 4th rank with 3+ minuts left on the clock in the end it ended with a victory and <1min on the clock. what is your guys most memorable clutch plays?

I cant remember which tournament it was specifically but it was one of the first PVP tournaments with IW as the top prize and I had decided that she was mine.

So I'd stayed up to rediculous o'clock (I think the end time was 4 am in my timezone) and with 10 minutes to go I was in the top spot. 5 minutes to go and still in 1st, 2 minutes and I was just checking the rewards when came the sudden realisation I'd dropped into 2nd. So I frantically checked the leader board and someone had overtaken me by 5 points and shielded.

So I started a game figuring I had nothing to lose, with <1 minute showing on the tournament clock, stuck a couple of buffs on and went for it. A very short time later, thanks to a first or second turn cascade followed by being able to unload all my high damage abilities by about turn3 and I'd won the fight, the tournament clock still showed <1 minute and I'd got my top spot back. I had a nervous 20 seconds or so whilst I sat there with no shield hoping i didnt get attacked but I held on icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tempest wrote:
    coolbond wrote:
    just made the most amazing rush for 4th rank with 3+ minuts left on the clock in the end it ended with a victory and <1min on the clock. what is your guys most memorable clutch plays?

I cant remember which tournament it was specifically but it was one of the first PVP tournaments with IW as the top prize and I had decided that she was mine.

So I'd stayed up to rediculous o'clock (I think the end time was 4 am in my timezone) and with 10 minutes to go I was in the top spot. 5 minutes to go and still in 1st, 2 minutes and I was just checking the rewards when came the sudden realisation I'd dropped into 2nd. So I frantically checked the leader board and someone had overtaken me by 5 points and shielded.

So I started a game figuring I had nothing to lose, with <1 minute showing on the tournament clock, stuck a couple of buffs on and went for it. A very short time later, thanks to a first or second turn cascade followed by being able to unload all my high damage abilities by about turn3 and I'd won the fight, the tournament clock still showed <1 minute and I'd got my top spot back. I had a nervous 20 seconds or so whilst I sat there with no shield hoping i didnt get attacked but I held on icon_e_smile.gif

wow that was lucky if i got a lucky cascade like that my enemys would be chewing dirt by round 4 seening as i had patches
  • Divine Champions: am i the only one who wants those Doom covers? Judging by the chat in general this is going to be everybodys tanking event. Could be an easy event for once. Be nice to get my Doom to 8 covers icon_e_wink.gif is he worth levelling up to 100? I like the look of him tbh
  • Divine Champions: am i the only one who wants those Doom covers? Judging by the chat in general this is going to be everybodys tanking event. Could be an easy event for once. Be nice to get my Doom to 8 covers icon_e_wink.gif is he worth levelling up to 100? I like the look of him tbh
    seeing as i have never tanked once i wont start tanking now and yea im going for the covers need my little dooomy
  • Cant say I'm that interested in doom tbh. I'll probably take part a bit for a couple of easy progression rewards.
  • Did anyone get rewards yet for LOT?

Doom is a solid all-around guy. He was the first I leveled to 100. He can put out a lot of damage over time, he is self-supporting so he can fit in a lot of teams and has good health. His only drawback is that he has a 115 level cap because only two powers. For a long time he was my '4th man' as in, when I was out of health packs I could slot him in almost anywhere to win a couple more fights.
  • Also, I bit the bullet and joined Divine Champions 1 hour in, just to see who else would be in that bracket. Nobody Ii recognize yet.
  • HailMary
    I'm gonna try for Doom, seeing as how I pretty much want any 3* cover that's not Loki or DD. Also, those attack tiles of his are crazy. I really didn't like fighting Doom + Loki + Hood/CMags in Simulator.

In other news, covers I've gotten so far from Heroic Juggs: 1 Cap, 2 Moonstone, 1 MBW. Sigh.

Edit: And nope, no LOT rewards yet.
  • weeell tinykitty. totally forgot that the event was ending at noon my time.
    Silly things like work distracted me icon_e_smile.gif
    Grats to noob on his 1st place finish lmao.

As for this event i'm likely to go for top 10 since my doom is 3/4 so should be a REAL easy tourney for me.
  • I'll probably forget I'm not going for the doom covers when I start blasting those progression rewards and just end up going for them anyway icon_lol.gif

Oh and I havnt checked for rewards yet, still at work icon_e_sad.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Just got my rewards for LOT.
  • HailMary
    Tannen wrote:
    Just got my rewards for LOT.
    Yep, same.
  • In other news, i decided to treat myself last night and buy a daily deal for 100 HP. I was pretty sure id get a Bullseye or Wolvie and i was correct...

A YELLOW X-FORCE WOLVIE icon_e_wink.gif
  • In other news, i decided to treat myself last night and buy a daily deal for 100 HP. I was pretty sure id get a Bullseye or Wolvie and i was correct...

A YELLOW X-FORCE WOLVIE icon_e_wink.gif

Wow, nice! Now you'll be chiming in on the "Buff X-Force Wolverine" threads, lol.
  • Turns out I came first in the LOT tournament icon_e_smile.gif