DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• Yeah. I read a bit about it when i first got into dotp. What's good about dotp is how casual it is. And I can play it on my giant TV!

Also it's gotten much better. From 60 forced cards to customizing a deck from a given set to now unlocking cards for building a deck as you see fit. It's the right balance of effort I'm willing to put in icon_razz.gif

Plus not like I touch the game since mpq devoured my soul. Though I wouldn't mind feeding a time warp to a panoptic mirror. Good times...

Wait you're telling me that your PC doesnt have a HMDI out and connected to the TV ? icon_eek.gif
    Sorry, kinda not sure what i would do if i didn't have my Home Theater PC icon_e_ugeek.gif

Actually I'll admit all 3 TVs in the house have their own PC.
    -edit-
    here's the one in the bedroom
    eb4gn5.jpg
  • I was thinking about lurking the last dozen pages on this thread searching for brave frontier IDs like a creep because hey, more friends means more free stuff but I might as well just ask.

How about TheUnwiseOne/Tannen/someone else actively playing BF start a topic in the Other Games section, it'd be easier to follow for the UnDjangos. I mean, I could start the topic but I lack the street cred. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Yeah. I read a bit about it when i first got into dotp. What's good about dotp is how casual it is. And I can play it on my giant TV!

Also it's gotten much better. From 60 forced cards to customizing a deck from a given set to now unlocking cards for building a deck as you see fit. It's the right balance of effort I'm willing to put in icon_razz.gif

Plus not like I touch the game since mpq devoured my soul. Though I wouldn't mind feeding a time warp to a panoptic mirror. Good times...

Wait you're telling me that your PC doesnt have a HMDI out and connected to the TV ? icon_eek.gif
    Sorry, kinda not sure what i would do if i didn't have my Home Theater PC icon_e_ugeek.gif

Actually I'll admit all 3 TVs in the house have their own PC.
    -edit-
    here's the one in the bedroom

Ain't nobody got time for that. I have a 360 in my room and an xb1 in the living room. You sir, are a computer elitist. Cool Nintendo mod though

And no, it doesn't have an hdmi out. I've had that laptop for like 10 yrs now. Holy ****, I didn't realize it's been that long. It's just a glorified USB charger at this point. When I consider getting a new one I realize I never use it anyways
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    sup123: Honey badger don't got time for that. icon_lol.gif I didn't even know there was an "Other Games" section. Also, we like creepy. Or rather, we loooooove creepy. icon_e_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_e_wink.gif

If we didn't, TU1 would not be here.
    photo_1.png

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif IN YO FACE!!!!
    I see your Overdressed Princess of the Forest Undergrowth and raise you a DELUXE SAMURAI FIRE-FIST SAIYAN:
    dEt2eKB.png?1

Yes, that's right. His fists are nonchalantly on fire.
  • HailMary wrote:
    sup123: Honey badger don't got time for that. icon_lol.gif I didn't even know there was an "Other Games" section. Also, we like creepy. Or rather, we loooooove creepy. icon_e_wink.gificon_cool.gificon_e_wink.gif

If we didn't, TU1 would not be here.

*sigh*
    Time to put my trenchcoat back on, hop in my shady van and go back some pages then. If you posted a 436-digit ID expect to be randomly added.
  • Ain't nobody got time for that. I have a 360 in my room and an xb1 in the living room. You sir, are a computer elitist. Cool Nintendo mod though

And no, it doesn't have an hdmi out. I've had that laptop for like 10 yrs now. Holy ****, I didn't realize it's been that long. It's just a glorified USB charger at this point. When I consider getting a new one I realize I never use it anyways

Well in Fairness I cant bring myself to spend $400 on a console system when I can build a decent PC for that
    LoL I generally dont think of it that way, but you might be right icon_e_confused.gif
    Thanks! I'll admit it's mostly a glorified media center extender for my Living room system
    Heh you know you can get wall chargers on ebay for like 5$ right icon_lol.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    just tossing it out there you guys do know of the Magic Online program i'm talking about and how it's different then DotP right? icon_e_confused.gif

"Hey, I see you're really enjoying that beer there, yeah? So, what if I told you that instead of drinking that beer you could inject it intravenously and instead of beer it's heroin?"

icon_e_wink.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    just tossing it out there you guys do know of the Magic Online program i'm talking about and how it's different then DotP right? icon_e_confused.gif

"Hey, I see you're really enjoying that beer there, yeah? So, what if I told you that instead of drinking that beer you could inject it intravenously and instead of beer it's heroin?"

icon_e_wink.gif

LoL sadly that's likely a pretty accurate description. MTGO can be a pretty expensive addiction. However on the other hand you can treat it like an unregulated stock market as well and make a killing. icon_twisted.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    And god forbid when the Vintage Master set with the power nine hits MTGO in about 2 weeks.
    Do I even want to know how much that costs?
    And I suppose paper redemption is off for this one? icon_e_wink.gif
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    If I had time & enough in my wallet...I would be glad to play it icon_e_biggrin.gif

Still...maybe it has changed since 2010, but the interface was pretty "odd" & the sounds super not sexy at all icon_e_confused.gif (sure I frequently put my music in a lot of games...MPQ included...still MtGDotP got few cool songs).
    But I know you will prove me the opposite icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe MtGDotP is a bit casual & slower than MtGo, but I always like the interface icon_e_smile.gif
    I remember some free for all (at 4), so long & very funny icon_e_geek.gif

Otherwise, I'm far to be an MtG expert.
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Well in Fairness I cant bring myself to spend $400 on a console system when I can build a decent PC for that
    I only could agreed on that point icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    However on the other hand you can treat it like an unregulated stock market as well and make a killing. icon_twisted.gif
    This part, I find interesting. Please tell me more. icon_twisted.gif
  • HailMary
    So, Bowgentle and I man-bonded earlier over our shared love of the Belgariad. It was, like, soooo hot.

What are some books/movies (or, in TU1's case, pop-up books) that you guys squee over?
  • HailMary wrote:
    So, Bowgentle and I man-bonded earlier over our shared love of the Belgariad. It was, like, soooo hot.

What are some books/movies (or, in TU1's case, pop-up books) that you guys squee over?

First off not really sure what squeeing is? Second its because you guys were in the hot tub that you guys were feeling so steamy. (Wanted to go get in as well but it looked a little to cozy for me icon_e_confused.gif )

Give me a good fiction book and I'm happy. Recent reads though have been more serious. Reading unbroken by Laura hillenbrand right now for the upcoming college futbol team I'm joining. Very easy yet hard read because of the content. (Story about a Olympic miler during world war 2 who's captured by the Japanese) I need to find a new fiction writer to get into. I enjoyed eragon by Christopher paolini and the entire inheritance series. Of course I love the lord of the rings (books and movies) and have actually honed my smeagol impression to such precision that it gives my family the chills to hear it. icon_lol.gif

Those are my book loves. Now as far as movies.....
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Bowgentle wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    And god forbid when the Vintage Master set with the power nine hits MTGO in about 2 weeks.
    Do I even want to know how much that costs?
    And I suppose paper redemption is off for this one? icon_e_wink.gif

correct, it will be an online only set.

@fritejay2 Yeah the v3 client is pretty 80's ish but it does the job when you figure exactly how complex the game is when you have access to pretty much any card ever made for the game.
    However with that saif they do currently have a Beta v4 client out that they are working on and they have planned to be the main client in the next month or two

@HM just look at this site and you'll see what i mean http://www.mtggoldfish.com/ the card prices can jump around alot. And if you know what you're doing there is plenty of $$ to be made or lost.
  • HailMary
    Ermahgerd, hot tub, yesssss.

I generally have phases where I devour narrow genres or entire authors, then move onto something completely different. In recent years, it's been capsule historical narratives (e.g. "Cod," "History of the World in Six Glasses", "Emperor of Maladies"), Christopher Hitchens, major classic novels I somehow missed in high school, Pacific-theater WWII history (e.g. "Forgotten Highlander"), and Jasper Fforde. Okay, now that I look at what I just wrote, that's a lotta history. icon_lol.gif

I know the feeling about easy/hard reads. I bought Tombstone, about the massive Chinese famine during the Cultural Revolution, about two years ago; the prose is extremely accessible, and the history itself is gripping, but I have yet to finish it.

P.S. - an example of squee:
    640px-S1e9_mabel_squee.png
  • HailMary wrote:

Milton's Paradise Lost omgsquee
  • I LIKE BUKS
  • Mario Kart 8 is AMAZING!

I am no longer a member of the FItted Kitchens. I felt bad that I was always at the bottom in points so I kicked myself out.

Brave Frontier is fun. Add me. 7441490997
  • HailMary wrote:

First off not really sure what squeeing is? Second its because you guys were in the hot tub that you guys were feeling so steamy. (Wanted to go get in as well but it looked a little to cozy for me icon_e_confused.gif )

Give me a good fiction book and I'm happy. Recent reads though have been more serious. Reading unbroken by Laura hillenbrand right now for the upcoming college futbol team I'm joining. Very easy yet hard read because of the content. (Story about a Olympic miler during world war 2 who's captured by the Japanese) I need to find a new fiction writer to get into. I enjoyed eragon by Christopher paolini and the entire inheritance series. Of course I love the lord of the rings (books and movies) and have actually honed my smeagol impression to such precision that it gives my family the chills to hear it. icon_lol.gif

Those are my book loves. Now as far as movies.....
    Is squee not the legendary goblin nabob who makes the masticore too powerful??
  • I squee over Iain M Banks (R.I.P.) and Neal Stephenson. Alan Moore for comics, I guess.

I have always loved me some massive epic fantasy tomes. Of course George RR. Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear were pretty fun, too. Loved the Belgariad when I was a teen, as well as Dragonlance, Thieves' World, and Thomas Covenant, although at this point I recall my enjoyment of the books better than the books themselves. I always thought of going back and rereading them, but I don't for fear it will be like seeking out an old lover to find she hasn't aged well.

Wish I was a writer myself. My latest, half-constructed confabulation is a post-zombie-apocalypse survival story utilizing all the traditional epic fantasy motifs and written in the fashionable violent teen angst style. So there's that.