DjangoUnbuffed own your puppies

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    So, I opened a Heroic token -- the S1 10-packs I've been saving up have been taunting me, so I decided to whet my appetite.

Token >> gold reward popup >> me: "OMGOMGOMG!" >> Punisher K >> icon_neutral.gificon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif

So, now that I have a 5/3/3 UDaken, I'll be saving those ten-packs for Sentry/Punkstorm... if I could muster the emotional fortitude to do so. After all, we cannot all be zen master cyborg ninjas like Nemek, with his six pokillion hoarded Heroics.

I shall now "cool story, bro" myself: cool story, bro.

... and leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsZ-J3281GI
  • Is Brave Frontier good? I've seen TheUnwiseOne preaching about it around the forums and appparently a bunch of you are playing it so I got curious but it's not available in my country, I'd need to jump a couple hoops to get it. I need to know if it's worth the hassle.

I could really use some stress free mobile RPG right now, Knights of Pen and Paper got a bit stale.
  • HailMary
    sup123 wrote:
    Is Brave Frontier good? I've seen TheUnwiseOne preaching about it around the forums and appparently a bunch of you are playing it so I got curious but it's not available in my country, I'd need to jump a couple hoops to get it. I need to know if it's worth the hassle.

I could really use some stress free mobile RPG right now, Knights of Pen and Paper got a bit stale.
    It's not bad. It's an accountant training program in which you command a gaudily clad death squad that practices ritual cannibalism and drinks the blood of its enemies. Also, you're led around by a mildly flirtatious anime chick, so... it's light fun. icon_e_smile.gificon_cry.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    sup123 wrote:
    Is Brave Frontier good? I've seen TheUnwiseOne preaching about it around the forums and appparently a bunch of you are playing it so I got curious but it's not available in my country, I'd need to jump a couple hoops to get it. I need to know if it's worth the hassle.

It's not bad. It's an accountant training program in which you command a gaudily clad death squad that practices ritual cannibalism and drinks the blood of its enemies. Also, you're led around by a mildly flirtatious anime chick, so... it's light fun. icon_e_smile.gificon_cry.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Accounting, ritual cannibalism and anime chicks, sounds right up my alley. Gonna give it a try.

Edit: Ok, downloaded it. Got some rare pink haired ice chick that looks like a champ.
    In case anyone is interested, ID is 2526990806
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary wrote:

That's a hilarious description. And so true. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    HailMary wrote:
    So, I opened a Heroic token -- the S1 10-packs I've been saving up have been taunting me, so I decided to whet my appetite.

Token >> gold reward popup >> me: "OMGOMGOMG!" >> Punisher K >> icon_neutral.gificon_cry.gificon_rolleyes.gif

So, now that I have a 5/3/3 UDaken, I'll be saving those ten-packs for Sentry/Punkstorm... if I could muster the emotional fortitude to do so. After all, we cannot all be zen master cyborg ninjas like Nemek, with his six pokillion hoarded Heroics.

I shall now "cool story, bro" myself: cool story, bro.

... and leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsZ-J3281GI
    I'm sitting on my three 10-packs from Season 1, 10 single heroics and 63 regular tokens.
    The plan is to save all of those until Fury gets put into packs.
    Or at least until Sentry goes in.
    Since I have no willpower, watch me open all at once at a completely random time in the next two weeks.
    It's what happens when I intend to open a single Magic booster pack.
  • Bowgentle wrote:

This is why I love the Duels of the Planeswalker games each year. It gives me a fix and limits my damage to $15 per annum, lol.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

This is why I love the Duels of the Planeswalker games each year. It gives me a fix and limits my damage to $15 per annum, lol.

But... but deck expansion dlc!
  • HailMary
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm sitting on my three 10-packs from Season 1, 10 single heroics and 63 regular tokens.
    The plan is to save all of those until Fury gets put into packs.
    Or at least until Sentry goes in.
    Since I have no willpower, watch me open all at once at a completely random time in the next two weeks.
    Yep, I'm trying to save my 30 S1 Heroics at least until Sentry and/or Punkstorm enters the token pool, provided they don't give out 10+ covers of those two within a couple weeks of release. I have no willpower about anything else, though. I pop Standard tokens like Skittles: "taste the Jugg-Yelena rainbow."
  • photo_1.png

icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif IN YO FACE!!!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:

I keep buying the Fat Packs in addition to DOTP, just so I get a few packs from each edition. I'm just not opening anything because I know how it ends each time icon_e_confused.gif
  • HailMary
    I LIKE THE NEW LOADING SCREEN! LUCHADORE CARLTON DOES NOT NEED TO BE IN THEIR HERO ROTATION, THOUGH!
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

I keep buying the Fat Packs in addition to DOTP, just so I get a few packs from each edition. I'm just not opening anything because I know how it ends each time icon_e_confused.gif

Seeing as how i work for a dealer for the Magic Online game I'm forever doomed to be stuck in the vicious loop that is standard. And god forbid when the Vintage Master set with the power nine hits MTGO in about 2 weeks.

You mean we can play in a cube style drafts and KEEP the power 9 I draft? O.o
    Many poor wallets will end up being lit on fire and crying.
  • Woo hoo! First 141 in lazy cap icon_e_biggrin.gif Now its keep lvling pun and save that hp so I can buy the third black cover I need to get him cover maxed.
  • s9IW8eS.jpg?1
    Step up your game, son icon_razz.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:

Finally someone who like Duels of the Planeswalker ! Great ^^
    Even my teamates only "pray" for the real one...I guess they never tried it...

Can't wait for the next version !
    Wait for sale so...always a sale on MtGDotP & the expansions icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    fritejay2 wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Finally someone who like Duels of the Planeswalker ! Great ^^
    Even my teamates only "pray" for the real one...I guess they never tried it...

Can't wait for the next version !
    Wait for sale so...always a sale on MtGDotP & the expansions icon_e_biggrin.gif

I didn't like that you were limited to the decks you had and had to pay for new deck slots in the last years version. I haven't gotten it yet. What's the verdict on that game? Full deck customization is great but I want more slots!
  • I didn't like that you were limited to the decks you had and had to pay for new deck slots in the last years version. I haven't gotten it yet. What's the verdict on that game? Full deck customization is great but I want more slots!
    I like this one (2014, especially for the two head troll -2 Vs 2- 1 Vs 1 is less interesting in my opinion, but it's only my opinion) but they could make some improvements on 2015 version, for sure.
    Apparently, I said apparently...they will add Full deck customization with all the new cards...because yes, last year it was a bit limited with only some cards but not all of them...

I guess the slots will stay as low in number as last year...just my guess...

Wait & see in June...or later on.
  • just tossing it out there you guys do know of the Magic Online program i'm talking about and how it's different then DotP right? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Yeah. I read a bit about it when i first got into dotp. What's good about dotp is how casual it is. And I can play it on my giant TV!

Also it's gotten much better. From 60 forced cards to customizing a deck from a given set to now unlocking cards for building a deck as you see fit. It's the right balance of effort I'm willing to put in icon_razz.gif

Plus not like I touch the game since mpq devoured my soul. Though I wouldn't mind feeding a time warp to a panoptic mirror. Good times...