Your device is not supported by this version

Comments

• Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I reinstalled the Google play store app and still have the issue.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Doh.

Just to confirm, have you cleared the data and the cache from the Google Play Store? You should also try clearing the data and the cache from Google Services Framework if that exists on your device.
  • Hey all,

Again, we apologize that some of you are not able to update or install the game. At this time, we believe this is an issue with the Google Play Store.

As a workaround, Google suggests clearing Google Play Store's data from your phone and then trying to install Marvel Puzzle Quest. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data and cache. After, please restart your phone.

Another suggestion is to re-install the whole Google Play Store App. To do this go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > uninstall updates. After that try to install Marvel Puzzle Quest again.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.

-Anthony

The first suggestion work. Thanks for the help.
  • I have an LG mini-pad and have done EVERYTHING this anthony has said and absolutely nothing has changed. Turn it off and turn it back on? clear cache?Blame it on the google store? sounds like suggestions my 10 yr old niece would give me? Many of us spent(which now has turned to wasted) alot of time on your game and spent money to pay for your salary. how about you show some appreciation and give us a real solution,not hoping we will go away. and i think there should be some compensation in form of hero points for those who had their whole roster and points WIPED AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • That didn't work either.
  • ok this worked: clear data and cache for EVERYTHING that says google on it in your apps then restart. i was able to reinstall it. LOST ALL PROGRESS. I'M DONE. i just installed in to delete it PERMANENTLY. next time i see a "d3" i will move on to the next game. words cannot express how disappointed i am.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you not use facebook to back up your save data?
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    rayortz wrote:
    LOST ALL PROGRESS.

Hi rayortz,

This issue looks like something that arose on the Google side of things. We're definitely doing our best to help though. Please visit Customer Support who will be happy to assist in getting you back on your feet:

www.d3go.com/mpq-support

Thanks.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Posting again the known work-around for this Google Play issue. Apologies for the inconvenience to the folks affected!

You'll want to have your game backed-up via Facebook before attempting.

"Google suggests clearing Google Play Store's data from your phone and then trying to install Marvel Puzzle Quest. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data and cache. After, please restart your phone.

Another suggestion is to re-install the whole Google Play Store App. To do this go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > uninstall updates. After that try to install Marvel Puzzle Quest again."

Thank you.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I did the whole Google play reinstall and cache clearing and all, same for Google play service and it still didn't work. Hours later out of the blue, without me doing anything else it was fixed. Thank to the devs for following up this issue.
  • We deeply apologize for the inconvenience, and would be more than happy to assist with the issue. It seems the issue stems from an issue with Google Play and not from the game itself. However, we should be able to work around the issue. In order to proceed, please preform the following steps:

1.) Clear the cache from your device.
    2.) Go into any app that says "Google" or "Google Play" and select "Force Stop" and "Clear Data" (excluding Google Keyboard).
    3.) Restart your device and update the game from Google Play.

Afterwards you should be able to play the game as normal. Please let us know if this process works. If not, we will be more than happy to provide continued support.

I did as it said, cleared cache, force closed and data cleared on every google app listed under all in the app manage. I did not see google keyboard. I restarted and opened play store. I first got lots of errors and play store wouldn't even load up. I persistently kept at it and kept reloading play store. Eventually I got back in to play store and showed multiple apps wanting updates including MPQ, but it STILL SAID DEVICE NOT COMPATIBLE. After almost throwing my phone against a wall, I decided to go ahead and just update all of the other apps. Strangely enough, it just went ahead and installed the new patch that broke an entire evening and day of play time.

This was the worst app experience I've ever had. Ever. I'm still extremely angry about how this played out. I am glad it's finally over. Virulent666 signing out.
  • Uninstalling google framework seems to have done the trick, updated finally.
  • Reinstalling google play store finally worked for me. Got my 15 cp daily supply and got a failcap -_- great thing to come back to...
  • Daer_PL
    Daer_PL Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    I worked it out by installing clean apk from outside Google Play, but thanks for all advices, it can be helpfull in future.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Just wondering if anyone else filed a ticket and responses they received if they sought compensation for issue? Just wondering. Thanks
  • I did the whole clear cache and data and all that, got nothing.

I went to the google play store via desktop and not from my phone on a whim (okay, really to see if I could download the apk some kind of magical way), and it has a list of devices I've used since having a google play account.

The list says my phone isn't supported.

I don't think that's something me deleting stuff off my phone is gonna fix.
  • Nikademus
    Nikademus Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Motorola Moto-2 2nd gen, running android 5.1

I have been getting the "Your device is not supported" error since downloading the latest patch.

My 3+ year old Nook(!) of all things has been able to run it, albeit slowly (which it what it's always done)...not sure which android that runs, since BN did their own version of it.
  • I'm receiving this error message. I have a Lg g4. Android version 5.1
  • I was wrong. icon_evil.gificon_redface.gificon_evil.gificon_redface.gificon_e_confused.gif

what just worked for me:

1. go to apps manager>all

2. go to the playstore app

3. delete the cache

4. delete the app data

5. IMMEDIATELY restart your phone.

6. After it restarts, open MPQ like youre gonna play

7. it'll give you the "Update" message. Tap okay

8. you'll go to the playstore and it'll ask you to accept their terms and conditions, click okay like you did waaaay back in the day

9. It should take you right to the update screen with no error message.

Deleting the cache then the data but trying to go straight to update got me to the update screen and downloading, but still threw up an error message. Restart your phone immediately after.

falsep77 wrote:
    I did the whole clear cache and data and all that, got nothing.

I went to the google play store via desktop and not from my phone on a whim (okay, really to see if I could download the apk some kind of magical way), and it has a list of devices I've used since having a google play account.

The list says my phone isn't supported.

I don't think that's something me deleting stuff off my phone is gonna fix.
  • New update, and once again getting the same message as last time.