Your device is not supported by this version

Comments

• Don949
    Don949 Posts: 7
    I got my game to work again but it's a but involved.

Find, download, install the r92 apk from the net. You may have to change your phone settings to allow install.

Do not launch the game.

If you have a friend with r92 obb file, have them send it to you. Otherwise, download the r91 obb file from the net and unzip.

Cut and paste the file into android/obb/com.d3p.mpq directory. If the directory doesn't exist you have to make it.

Launch game.

I was the one who originated the manual install/obb fix that d3 is now sending in all their cs emails... so trust me.

Don949
  • Don949 wrote:

Find, download, install the r92 apk from the net. You may have to change your phone settings to allow install.

Do not launch the game.

If you have a friend with r92 obb file, have them send it to you. Otherwise, download the r91 obb file from the net and unzip.

Cut and paste the file into android/obb/com.d3p.mpq directory. If the directory doesn't exist you have to make it.

Launch game.

I was the one who originated the manual install/obb fix that d3 is now sending in all their cs emails... so trust me.

Don949

What if you no longer have the game installed on your device and it wont let you?
  • the problem is not solved. ZTE grand memo lite. Android 4.2.2
  • I am having this issue as well. Reporting did not help. Play.Google.com reports my device is not compatible. Samsung galaxy S3 on 4.4.2
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Don949 wrote:

I can verify Don949's method works. I was just able to update and get into the R92 version of the app on my LG Optimus using the method outlines above (Google Marvel Puzzle Quest R92 download, download and install the APK, Google Marvel Puzzle Quest R92 OBB, download and extract the file to the proper location, launch app).

I actually used the R91 OBB file, as that was the newest I could find.

If you've never installed an app from any location other than Google Play, you'll need to enable installing apps from sources other than Google Play Store. On my phone it was in settings -> general -> security, but the specific composition of the settings menu(s) may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
  • Don949
    Don949 Posts: 7
    FallBat77 wrote:
    Don949 wrote:

Do not launch the game.

Launch game.

Don949

What if you no longer have the game installed on your device and it wont let you?

You have to find the mpq r92 apk on the internet. Not the play store. Do a Google search and load the apk with the android apk installer.
  • Same here.
    LG Leon. Android 5.0.1
  • LG Risio running 5.1.1

Tried the manual install and got the looking for resources error. Uninstalled entire game and now I can't get it back at all.
  • I'm having the same issue using HTC One M8S running Android 5.0.2
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Avarice13 wrote:
    LG Risio running 5.1.1

Tried the manual install and got the looking for resources error. Uninstalled entire game and now I can't get it back at all.
    Did you also download the .obb file and put it in the right place? I believe that's what fixes the "looking for resources" error.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    I have the same issue since yesterday morning. I have a LG Vesta with Android 5.1.1. I have submitted a ticket after a waiting 12hrs for you to fix. I have some question about how you can't see this issue. Do you guys get your update separate location there and dont use App or Google Play? Also does every one there have the same phone? Or did you guys not look for anything then you're system or personal phone. I can't understand if using the same method to install updates as us and everyone having the same phone why not one person is not having this issue? Also, I thought that maybe you guys have learned we don't appreciate you asking for info then ignoring us until you feel ready to day something. Also why is it so difficult to say I'll check in with an update status every X number of hrs? Why do y'all have such a habit of going home at normal time or not coming in on weekends when there is issues that is not a user issue? Most jobs man up and fix the problem and don't go home until done. Instead since it not your game effected you guys go home and play like nothing it's wrong. It amazes me that you guys learned nothing from anniversary mess and yet when the opportunity to prove got won't do it again bam deja vu. Of your product operates 24/7 then technical not customer support. I didn't care if you don't have money to do this because no matter how much it cost. I try to Bre understanding since I work in a business that if we mess up we must fix it no matter what. I have been here a yr and have spent little money because of these types of issues. I don't know what football y'all are banging but better learn to finish and take care of people. Neither do I care of you disagree with me or us what power you have here to punish me for saying this but If you were in our shoes maybe you would get it. I've gotten better customer service almost from every business I've ever had to deal with it. I upset i feel to say this but man your actions are completely mind blowing and blantant disrespectful. If you can't fix it fine let us know what's up and what y'all are doing. And don't go home and enjoy yours while others you supply your product too can't. Sorry I'd your offend but I don't feel your dl sorry I'm offend. Respect is mutual. I apologize for grammar and spelling issues in this but I'm on a mobile and I'm extremely HEATED about this now.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

Again, we apologize that some of you are not able to update or install the game. At this time, we believe this is an issue with the Google Play Store.

As a workaround, Google suggests clearing Google Play Store's data from your phone and then trying to install Marvel Puzzle Quest. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data and cache. After, please restart your phone.

Another suggestion is to re-install the whole Google Play Store App. To do this go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > uninstall updates. After that try to install Marvel Puzzle Quest again.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.

-Anthony
  • IFORANI
    Thank you very much for that info. That is all we are requesting as customers with non user caused problems. I'm upset that y'all managed to push me to the point I had to post what I did. But sometimes enough is enough and I've been allot more patient then some. I don't expect miracles but I didn't think being understanding of what those that help give you such a better enjoyable job then they probably have are respected for supporting your product. I sure I have lost out so much because of this and I will bite some bullets but if I do that then the magic trick I want too see is illusion of care not Houdini disappearing act. Once thank you for that response.
  • lg magna here
    I have the same problem
  • I downloaded the new apk from a different source (not Google). It installed and works fine. The issue seems to be with the Google play store.
  • Between Chronicler and Don49's help, I was able to get it to work. Thanks guys. See y'all on the next update for fixing! icon_lol.gif
  • Hey all,

Again, we apologize that some of you are not able to update or install the game. At this time, we believe this is an issue with the Google Play Store.

As a workaround, Google suggests clearing Google Play Store's data from your phone and then trying to install Marvel Puzzle Quest. To do this, go to Settings > Application Manager > All > Google Play Store > Clear data and cache. After, please restart your phone.

Another suggestion is to re-install the whole Google Play Store App. To do this go to Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > uninstall updates. After that try to install Marvel Puzzle Quest again.

Thanks again for your patience with this issue.

-Anthony

Other Marvel games such as Future Fight is also showing the device not supported error, so I am wondering if it's Google Play that is the issue...
  • IFORANI
    edited January 2016
    Wanted to report that I am back with new update with no sign of problem. I went to My apps manger, then Google play, then cleared data cache, then uninstalled updates ( did not touch force stop or disable). Next exited to home screen went to Google play and I loaded it normal as recommended, then to my apps selecting MPQ and updated. Worked like normal. Have no known issue's. THANK YOU! " with great power comes great responsibility"
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad people are starting to get this sorted out. It sounds like a horrible feeling.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    I'm glad people are starting to get this sorted out. It sounds like a horrible feeling.

I just want to echo Blacksheep's sentiment and say that I'm glad we found something that worked for you! The good thing is that if you had this issue with other apps, this workaround should fix that too icon_e_wink.gif

-Anthony