*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    I thought BP was one of the richest, smartest, cunning-est superheroes in Marvel Universe? Almost *gasp* Batman-like?
    I don't read the comics, but that was my impression.
  • locked wrote:
    I thought BP was one of the richest, smartest, cunning-est superheroes in Marvel Universe? Almost *gasp* Batman-like?
    I don't read the comics, but that was my impression.

Not as rich as he used to be, but yes, that's right.
  • His attack looks a little like he's just really unimpressed by the enemy. So he's just sort of waving his hand at them and dismissing them entirely, like "Who the **** are these guys? Get 'em the **** outta here." That's why they get AP, because afterwards he turns his back on them and starts to walk away. icon_razz.gif
  • lol, it does look kinda weak compared to Wolvies animations, does a damn good amount of damage though.

On the Subject of Black Panther, why is he subtitled The Man Without Fear?
    Surely that is, and always has been, Daredevil's tagline.
  • orionpeace
    orionpeace Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker
    Daredevil was possessed by a demon and afterwards left Hell's Kitchen to Black Panther.

So, for a time, the title of Daredevil's comic was "Black Panther, The Man Without Fear".

*Corrected. I screwed up the story timeline.
  • ok thanks, wow!

Can't believe i didnt know that, I had a long time away from actually reading comics but i thought I had kept in touch with developments, didnt see or read anything about that one though icon_e_biggrin.gif

Strange choice of comic for Black Panther though, never mind, at least he is better in game the ol' DD lol
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Not a fan of "effeminate guy" jokes, but I have no problem yelling:

"What did the five fingers say to the face?"
  • He is even better now! woo.

Black Panther (Man Without Fear) – Battleplan
    - Altered to use the new Team-Up Feature instead of Environment tiles
    Old
    Battleplan - Yellow 9 AP
    Converts one random basic Yellow tile into a strength 9 Strike tile for each 15 environment AP the team has, consuming the AP in the process. (min 1 tile)
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increase strike tile strength to 13.
    Level 3: Increase strike tile strength to 16.
    Level 4: Increase strike tile strength to 20.
    Level 5: Increase strike tile strength to 23.
    Max Level: Strength 153 strike tiles

New
    Battleplan - Yellow 9 AP
    T'Challa uses his expert strategic mind to give his allies a tactical advantage. Converts 3 basic Yellow tiles to strength 22 Strike tiles. If the team has 12 or more Team-Up AP, converts 3 basic Yellow tiles to strength 33 Strike tiles instead.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Increases minimum Strike tile strength to 28. (39 with Team-Up AP)
    Level 3: Increases minimum Strike tile strength to 30. (44 with Team-Up AP)
    Level 4: Increases minimum Strike tile strength to 39. (55 with Team-Up AP)
    Level 5: Increases minimum Strike tile strength to 55. (83 with Team-Up AP)
    Max Level: Strength 175 Strike tiles, 250 with Team-Up AP
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm glad I ignored the people saying to go blue for the LT/BP team, and when 5/3/5.

The other thread was talking a lot about punisher/BP, but IMO falcon BP might be just as fun. Or you could do punisher/BP/falcon for a full rainbow!
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't even be mad anymore that I saw 5 yellow before a single black. Now I can get 3*175 or 3*250 match damage. Why I'd ever need 750 match damage is beyond me but so long Patch, I hardly knew ye.
  • Looking at the change to his yellow, did they really think people usually are sitting at around 50 EAP before using Battleplan and that it never occurred to anyone they could've used 2 Oasis or a Thorned Rose instead? Besides the limited roster events (Storm + BP in city = ton of EAP and nothing worthwhile to spend it on besides Battleplan), 1 is about the average number of strike tiles created by Battleplan in my experience so this roughly improves his yellow by 200%.

Would it be too much to ask for his blue to create 3 protect tiles at a time?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh shucks, I just respec his 5 yellow down to 4.

Would have kept it but oh well... such things happen
    *shrug*
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    I was planning to get to 4/4/5 (3/4/3 now) but I might just revise that plan now. 5/3/5 looks like it might be a really good idea.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    HairyDave wrote:
    I was planning to get to 4/4/5 (3/4/3 now) but I might just revise that plan now. 5/3/5 looks like it might be a really good idea.
    It's pretty much the only sensible idea now. BP's strikes now surpass Punpun Judgment, and venture into Patch territory... with no downside. This is a pretty massive buff.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I can't even be mad anymore that I saw 5 yellow before a single black. Now I can get 3*175 or 3*250 match damage. Why I'd ever need 750 match damage is beyond me but so long Patch, I hardly knew ye.
    BP doesn't heal like Patch, so Patch has more sustained play value than BP.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    hurcules wrote:
    BP doesn't heal like Patch, so Patch has more sustained play value than BP.

Patch has a potential of hurting your team more because he gives enemy strike tiles. Unless you are running C mags of course.
    This will then hurt your sustained play value. (One lucky enemy cascade with strike tiles will hurt your team pretty badly).
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    If the upcoming Team-Up AP requires consumables to activate, then BP just shot up in the tiers.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    If the upcoming Team-Up AP requires consumables to activate, then BP just shot up in the tiers.
    He shot right up just with the change to his strike tiles.

Anything after that is a bonus.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    HairyDave wrote:
    He shot right up just with the change to his strike tiles.

Anything after that is a bonus.

Yup, BP just shot up in value now. He has a valuable yellow ( not many good active yellow), gives 3 strike tiles which is better than pun and has a great black AOE.

His black has always been great, just that his 2 other ability has been mediocre. Now that his yellow is buffed, he will be great.

I am not surprised if they decided to nerf the yellow before release... but let's see.
  • He pairs really nicely with Falcon and any green/red tank now.