Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• Spoonzo wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question RE: Crotchdevil. Why is he the required character on a mission where none of the enemy can move tiles?

Well if you read the mission it says Daredevil needs help dealing with these Hammer goons, because you know he can't beat them on his own.

That's how I chose to interpret it too icon_e_smile.gif
  • sms4002 wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    So all the sub brackets end in 24 hours at the same time? Trying to figure out if i should join yet. i wanna let all the hardcore guys fill up the first brackets icon_e_wink.gif

I'm just going to join during peak hours when all the normal people join to maximize my chances of not getting into a hardcore bracket.

ah, the old reverse psychology tactic. I like it. Let me know how that works out for you lol

Ditto here...

When did the subs start? 12pm EST when the Simulator ended?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    So all the sub brackets end in 24 hours at the same time? Trying to figure out if i should join yet. i wanna let all the hardcore guys fill up the first brackets icon_e_wink.gif

I'm just going to join during peak hours when all the normal people join to maximize my chances of not getting into a hardcore bracket.

ah, the old reverse psychology tactic. I like it. Let me know how that works out for you lol

Ditto here...

When did the subs start? 12pm EST when the Simulator ended?

I'm kind of scared though. I actually think black panther is going to be my next level 141 cover, so the stakes are pretty high... I might just join tomorrow right before the end of the first sub, but eh. I don't remember when I joined the simulator event: I believe it was the night of the first sub and that worked out for me, so meh.
  • IceIX wrote:
    New PVE Episode 4! Iso-8 Brotherhood
    - Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards.

I think I am missing something here and I assume the multipliers have been changed as well as when rubber banding kicks in.

Now the 1st place players rubber band to the average and not the maximum this means anyone above the average will see less effect if nothing else as changed. It would seem that the players lower down will see even less "banding" since now its not based of the leader and but the average of their placing mean there no way to easier bridge the gaps any more.

"Gaming" this system could be tricky. Consider this as people pass you drop in position and your rubber banding score will decrease because now will be compared to a lower place people hmm. It looks like the players will stratify and my old method of sitting at just about maximum rubber banding length to minimize the number of mission I had to run to stay in touch is out the window.

Seems like a lot more people on average are going to have to put the effort in as their is no more hiding the the coat tails of the leader.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Im not too sure that method will work in this event since the subs are only 24 hours. You might actually screw around and get put in brackets with people you where trying to avoid.
  • Spoonzo wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question RE: Crotchdevil. Why is he the required character on a mission where none of the enemy can move tiles?

Well if you read the mission it says Daredevil needs help dealing with these Hammer goons, because you know he can't beat them on his own.
    He really should've been a 2* character. He would lose to most 2*s in the comics anyways
  • The thing I remember about the Hulk Hunt event was it was the first time that I encountered the ONE lvl 230 node with Rags and Juggs and said, "No way, that's just too insanely difficult. Skip."

Now, ALL of these nodes are lvl 230. Sigh, lol.
  • Was going to wait to join to get an easier main, but ah well, joined one. Dont see any recognizable names, so I hope I can get at least 2 panthers. Have around 150,000 ISO, so might put some into Magneto, he's a spidey blue machine
  • What are the rewards for the sub bracket? I'm seriously pondering holding out a few days until I join to get a better chance at the black panther covers without having to grind like crazy.

I ended up not getting any Psylocke covers in the previous event because I could only muster the energy to do up to the 5k/2.5k/1k iso rewards and that was about it. Focused more on PVP tournies which seem far easier.
  • danikalil
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:
    GEFPenst wrote:
    Really miss Hulk-Hunt times without scaling. Those were best PvE on my memory.

We all do. Except the devs.

Everyone does. It's a wonder that they can't seem to realise it.
  • I'm very frustrated with this game. Peru has all lvl 230 missions except Peru I. Nigeria naturally is also all 230s. The game is not fun anymore. They make it so that I have to place well enough to get a Black Panther or I'll be excluded from future events. Yet they make it insanely difficult to play this game and still be enjoyable. I might just have to stick with PvP and miss out on all the stories.

The Hulk was fun because there were missions you could play without boosts, but if you wanted to place high you'd have to go for the high level missions a few times. Now, every mission is lvl 230. Ridiculous!!
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I'm very frustrated with this game. Peru has all lvl 230 missions except Peru I. Nigeria naturally is also all 230s. The game is not fun anymore. They make it so that I have to place well enough to get a Black Panther or I'll be excluded from future events. Yet they make it insanely difficult to play this game and still be enjoyable. I might just have to stick with PvP and miss out on all the stories.

The Hulk was fun because there were missions you could play without boosts, but if you wanted to place high you'd have to go for the high level missions a few times. Now, every mission is lvl 230. Ridiculous!!

I can just see it. The next PvE event will have like 9 Panther required missions........

I grinded to get 3 psylockes, but I don't want to grind for another 9 freaking days
  • I can just see it. The next PvE event will have like 9 Panther required missions........

I grinded to get 3 psylockes, but I don't want to grind for another 9 freaking days

Same.

It's not that I can't do lvl 230s. It's the several day grind against nothing but 230s that urks me. One or two missions at lvl 230 is fine. Not every one of them!!! AGH!
  • UncleSam wrote:
    I can just see it. The next PvE event will have like 9 Panther required missions........

Same.

It's not that I can't do lvl 230s. It's the several day grind against nothing but 230s that urks me. One or two missions at lvl 230 is fine. Not every one of them!!! AGH!
    Yep. Have no problem beating the 230s, just takes too freaking long with 5 blue spidey

Think I might do about an hour a night before bed ans just see what happens. Think I might be getting burned out.
  • If they nerf Spidey before they fix scaling, I will be out. Not for lack of trying - I just will not be able to proceed.
  • Ghast wrote:
    If they nerf Spidey before they fix scaling, I will be out. Not for lack of trying - I just will not be able to proceed.
    It's funny, I was just thinking this as I was doing the Rags missions. Not only that, butit will make Spidey useless
  • I have just finished doing full clear of both events. Ended up with 6333 points. Just wanted to try it once. Mostly using OBW/Spiderman/Punisher for normal fights and for henchmen Modern Storm/OBW/Punisher. It goes quite easy so far but it takes so much time. I really dont know how long I can keep that up.

ps. Who ever thought that forcing DareDevil on fight with henchmen is not a smart person...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nadarath wrote:
    I have just finished doing full clear of both events. Ended up with 6333 points. Just wanted to try it once. Mostly using OBW/Spiderman/Punisher for normal fights and for henchmen Modern Storm/OBW/Punisher. It goes quite easy so far but it takes so much time. I really dont know how long I can keep that up.

ps. Who ever thought that forcing DareDevil on fight with henchmen is not a smart person...

I see you're in my main and my Nigeria sub.

I discovered that Patch does wonders against goons - it's not that hard to fill up all the purple tiles, so you can Berserker barrage without drawback.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When does the first sub end?
  • Mawtful wrote:

I see you're in my main and my Nigeria sub.

I discovered that Patch does wonders against goons - it's not that hard to fill up all the purple tiles, so you can Berserker barrage without drawback.[/quote]

Yeah that should speed up stuff as well. I just don't have enough ISO to level up Patch. If you wondering why Modern Storm - her red for 6 clear board nice and most of those henchmen fights are on jungle or desert. So it speeds up stuff a lot.