Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    I've done 5 level 26 fights & one level 230 fight + all I'm facing now is a choice of 6 level 230 fights. Already feeling tired of level 230 fights after just one of them.

PLEASE scale it better.

All main missions are meant to lock after one victory, but new areas open up with repeatable quests in them.

That really sucks. So all of the previous level 26 fights are now 230?
  • Antilles26 wrote:
    Are the missions supposed to all lock up on me after I finish them once? Cuz that's what has happened. Can't get any more points out of the main quest.

Mains always only give one go and then they lock, opening sub events. I haven't started, bit that is how its always been
    since they implemented sub events.

Someone should give out some event details. When do the first subs end, etc.
  • the 26 fights are still 26, it's just the other ones that are much higher.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    the 26 fights are still 26, it's just the other ones that are much higher.

How many missions are there in the sub? it seems like theres around 11 nodes based off of what you guys are saying?
  • zulux21 wrote:
    So... I finally was motivated enough to make an account just to voice my thoughts on something.
    I find it rather scummy business practice to up the cost of a move shortly after people just got their covers and had the ability to put real money into that move to upgrade it based on the original AP cost. You had plenty of time before people had psylocke in their roster to up that move but you suddenly up the cost a few hours after you release her to the wild... quite frankly I find it disgusting practice and really hope this is something you will avoid in the future. ...

Did any of her abilities get an AP buff? With the exception of the last 4 days I played only 10 matches in February so I don't know how things are anymore with the game. If AP cost was changed so soon after her release, I think it shows very poor testing from the part of the devs.

However, what I find even more frustrating is that all events that run at this moment end 7am for me. Really devs? At least have one of them end in a more convenient time for some of us. The game is developed like the entire world runs in only 1 time zone.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one looking at all 230's after the intro fights. The Ares fight with two Subjects is 230's which I've already lost...and the Daredevil and Psylocke fights are also 230's...Those two I can understand a little bit. Looks like I'm in for more marathon battles. (or Spidey and Venom)
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one looking at all 230's after the intro fights. The Ares fight with two Subjects is 230's which I've already lost...and the Daredevil and Psylocke fights are also 230's...Those two I can understand a little bit. Looks like I'm in for more marathon battles. (or Spidey and Venom)

Hopefully they tweak the algo by the end of tonight, or else it looks like we're in for another TaT... Are the nodes still on 5 stacks?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Did any of her abilities get an AP buff? With the exception of the last 4 days I played only 10 matches in February so I don't know how things are anymore with the game. If AP cost was changed so soon after her release, I think it shows very poor testing from the part of the devs.

However, what I find even more frustrating is that all events that run at this moment end 7am for me. Really devs? At least have one of them end in a more convenient time for some of us. The game is developed like the entire world runs in only 1 time zone.
    only thing that changed was her blue move suddenly costs 2 more ap to use.
    As for the timing.. well it's hard to get a good time for everyone... my current events end at 2pm my time... which is just odd. plus side it's right before I need to leave to work tomorrow... so it's not all bad.
  • bughunt wrote:
    I've done 5 level 26 fights & one level 230 fight + all I'm facing now is a choice of 6 level 230 fights. Already feeling tired of level 230 fights after just one of them.

PLEASE scale it better.

All main missions are meant to lock after one victory, but new areas open up with repeatable quests in them.

Nope, just had level 26 & 230 fights and they have remained the same since I fought them.

In the main area the 3 fights at the top are level 26.
    The Peru lab entrance fight is level 26.
    The Nigeria entrance fight is level 230.
    In Peru, 1 fight is 26 and all the rest I've seen so far are 230.
    In Nigeria all 3 starting missions are 230.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    bughunt wrote:

PLEASE scale it better.

Nope, just had level 26 & 230 fights and they have remained the same since I fought them.

Yuck. Did your simulator missions start out at all 230s too? I'm guessing they might have forgotten to reset the scaling variable, so it persisted across events.
  • Deimos12
    Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If you want the ISO bonus in either of the sub brackets hope you were good enough/lucky enough/grinded enough to get a psylocke otherwise you're outta luck. One level on both sub brackets requires a psylocke to play *sigh*
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:
    If you want the ISO bonus in either of the sub brackets hope you were good enough/lucky enough/grinded enough to get a psylocke otherwise you're outta luck. One level on both sub brackets requires a psylocke to play *sigh*

What are the sub event rewards?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ****. There are locked missions in each sub-campaign that seem to require psylocke to unlock. Seems like they are the ones that give a lot of iso like the 2500 and 1000 nodes in the previous tournament. I did not grind at all then for the psylocke and now I'm paying the price. Has anyone unlocked those missions and can tell me what I'm missing out?

EDIT: Maybe those nodes are unlocked for everyone when collective iso bars reach their goals for each sub-bracket?
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Deimos12 wrote:

What are the sub event rewards?

Event tokens, just like last event. In the subs, looks like 5 missions unless you have psylocke, then you can unlock more. If not..well there's not a lot to grind

Edit - board control is very very useful in the high level goons. Their blasts hurt if you let the purple countdown tiles stack up.
  • bughunt wrote:
    bughunt wrote:

PLEASE scale it better.

Yuck. Did your simulator missions start out at all 230s too? I'm guessing they might have forgotten to reset the scaling variable, so it persisted across events.

No, they gradually increased to 230 for every fight (for both easy & hard mode) & stayed there except for a few tough fights where they dropped slightly to about 200.

I could probably cope okay if I had a couple of level 141 characters, but I don't, so have to boost more than I would like to prevent getting slaughtered before getting enough AP.
  • zulux21 wrote:
    As for the timing.. well it's hard to get a good time for everyone... my current events end at 2pm my time... which is just odd. plus side it's right before I need to leave to work tomorrow... so it's not all bad.

This is why I said "have ONE of them" in a different time zone. At least make it so that everyone can gain something.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Looks like my policy on not caring about pve events anymore is getting renewed if what I'm reading is true. I got 1 yellow wolfie cover last event if that accurately shows how much I cared about grinding like I was getting paid to do a job, rather than playing for fun.

Looks like I will be locked out of a significant portion as well due to not having a character released today.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I really can't fathom what goes on in the dev's heads.

So now the big ISO reward at the end is tied to overall progression. Which means that it's now impossible to just grab the ISO early before level scaling **** everyone over. Now the ISO is definitely going to be locked behind Level 200 guys. Just wow...
  • poomermon wrote:

EDIT: Maybe those nodes are unlocked for everyone when collective iso bars reach their goals for each sub-bracket?

That's a very good point. But there's 23 hours left in the subs and we need a total of 125,000,000 points to unlock those missions. With missions giving 50, 100, 150, 200, 300 (usual diminishing returns).....that doesn't seem like a goal that can be hit in that time limit. So we play first couple of subs without the bonus missions and then when they go around again the bonus missions might be there?

Edit - Peru and Nigeria have different goals. Nigeria has a 40,000,000 goal (harder to get into w/harder fights but w/more point rewards).
  • Oh great, bunch of L230 fights.
    Since there's no prog rewards in subs, I guess I'll just skip them. This scaling is not stupid, it's horrible.
    Yeah, you can beat L230 goons in desert/jungle with mStorm/mnMagneto without breaking a sweat (srsly, try it, it's like fireworks each second turn), but L230 Ares/Rag? No, thank you, I was too bored by stunlocking already after Simulator.
    Duh, and just when I thought "whoa, character that spends AP usefully!".

Edit - can anyone get a nice heay stick and beat up that idiot/sadist that put up DD against goons trio?