Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
New PVE Episode 4! Iso-8 Brotherhood
Magneto claims to not have anything to do with this new Brotherhood, but evidence suggests otherwise. Investigate further with Magneto and Psylocke's help.
    - Buffed characters for this Event: Psylocke, Punisher, Daredevil, Captain America, Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Storm (Classic) - New areas will appear once Agents have cleared missions on the main world map, furthering the story and allowing for more chances to gain more power. - Points per mission have a rubber banding effect depending on your overall placement (ignoring brackets). This means that if your score is lower than the average for the position that you're in, your missions will be worth more compared to others in that same position. IE, if Bracket Alpha's 1st place has 750 points and Bracket Zeta has 500, Zeta's 1st will gain more points from missions to equalize brackets. This will filter down to lower ratings as well, since naturally in that case, 50th would necessarily be lower in Zeta compared to Alpha. This has the effect of allowing brackets to push higher as a group to achieve the further out rewards. - PVE Scaling is in effect for the sub-events. This means that as Agents consistently complete missions and defeat opponents, enemies will raise in difficulty. - The main Event score is bracketed to 1000 while the sub-events are bracketed to 200 Agents.

Special Comic Cover Pack available during the Event
    Assault Team - Hero Point Pack containing all Iso-8 buffed characters. Assault Team 10 Pack- Hero Point Pack containing a Guaranteed Psylocke and 9 other Iso-8 buffed character comic covers.

Character Changes
Psylocke - Bewilder: AP cost changed from 8 to 10.

Comments

• Ugh MN now but not C Mag icon_e_sad.gif

Guess I need to pump ISO into him.
  • Not classic Mags icon_e_sad.gif
  • IceIX
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Ugh MN now but not C Mag icon_e_sad.gif

Agreed. Mine's sitting at 3/5/5 and Level 6. icon_razz.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Really strange balance change: was bewilder proving to be really good during testing? I thought that it was Psylocke's weakest ability.

Awwwww yeah, time for 141 Punisher to stomp everything.
  • Is the scaling community based or individually based?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Is the scaling community based or individually based?
    Both, with lesser weight given to the community this time around.
  • IceIX wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Agreed. Mine's sitting at 3/5/5 and Level 6. icon_razz.gif

Yeah similar for me. 3/5/4 and level 15.

Also Psylocke and DD eh? Looks like you guys want to push the new ones. Too bad I only have 3 covers for Psylocke and no idea whether to go 4/4/5 or 5/3/5 for my DD.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Most of these buffed characters I don't have trained that much :/
    (besides storm)
  • Let's see... My Punisher is maxed at level 66, Daredevil is I think 67, Storm's 50, Captain America is 45, Magneto 30, and I probably have a Psylocke cover at home.

Punisher's getting a workout. And this means I may be hammering the Magneto tourney tonight.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The era of Magneto NOW is finally upon us. Embrace your new favorite 2 star character.

mine is level 6 icon_e_sad.gif
  • Scaling. Is it fixed or will be full 230s from day 2 yet again? I don't mind the challenge, but the massive resulting grind is tiresome. I'm already burned out by the Simulator.

Hoping for Psyloke to be rewarded often like Patch in ep 3: TaT
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just storm for me, but if we're fighting the mutant goons a lot then I'll be using my PvE team (OBW, Hood, Patch) a lot anyway.

If I had the covers though (302 icon_e_sad.gif ), I'd be tempted to level Magneto NOW! though as I like modern Magneto as a character.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Is the scaling community based or individually based?
    Both, with lesser weight given to the community this time around.
    Excellent news. Very cool.

And glad to see you're posting again after your week hiatus. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:

yeah, my C. Mags is only 3 covers, but I have my Mags MN at 3/5/5 lvl 51 so yeah, doing the same, pumping in the ISO, he is fun to play with.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Scaling. Is it fixed or will be full 230s from day 2 yet again? I don't mind the challenge, but the massive resulting grind is tiresome. I'm already burned out by the Simulator.

Hoping for Psyloke to be rewarded often like Patch in ep 3: TaT

You're burnt out? Spare a thought for the people trying to chase you throughout the simulator. icon_razz.gif

I do agree that back to back pve events like this takes a huge toll...

And wow, record character rebalancing... The moment she hits, she gets rebalanced...
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Captain America is buffed so friggin often, I guess I finally have to level him.

But I just know that right after I do that he won't be buffed again for 6 months...
  • So if there's a lesser weight on community scaling, and rubberbanding explained by rewarding people at equal rank but lesser points, what is the incentive for joining right away instead of waiting until say, last 4 hours?
  • What time will event start?
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    Captain America is buffed so friggin often, I guess I finally have to level him.

But I just know that right after I do that he won't be buffed again for 6 months...

That's actually the whole point of Cap. He's handed out like candy and popular, so he gets buffed in every event (because he's terrible in PVP).
  • So if there's a lesser weight on community scaling, and rubberbanding explained by rewarding people at equal rank but lesser points, what is the incentive for joining right away instead of waiting until say, last 4 hours?

More ISO? The same its always been.

And this isn't a change to rubberbanding, this is the rubberbanding that's been around for months.