Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also just noticed - excuse me if this was already the case for the last event, but didn't notice it there - that the 500 Iso reward on missions has been replaced with a color boost. Thanks a lot... (that was sarcasm)

Edit: Only in Peru apparently. Nigeria still has the old rewards. Ok I guess.
  • Having psylock def doesnt open up the iso bonus.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Also IceIX, any news on R48? My green hulks with 2 days left in the stash are going to be sad if it's not coming out today...
    Most likely Monday, barring major disasters, acts of God, hamsters powering the servers overeating, etc.
  • Hopefully they tweak the algo by the end of tonight, or else it looks like we're in for another TaT... Are the nodes still on 5 stacks?

Yeah, stacks are of 5. I was able to test this on my only low level repeatable fight, which started level 26 ended level 30. All the rest of my fights are 230, so I'll wait before deciding whether to clear any of them.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also note, since the Subjects get another ability when they get less that 50% health, boosted molotov (or other AoEs) isn't always a smart move.

Edit - two lvl 131 lieutenants + 131 empiricist is an annoying fight.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Also IceIX, any news on R48? My green hulks with 2 days left in the stash are going to be sad if it's not coming out today...
    Most likely Monday, barring major disasters, acts of God, hamsters powering the servers overeating, etc.

Ugh. icon_e_sad.gif There goes a bunch of covers down the tubes icon_razz.gif

guess that's what happened to them pre-respec anyhow. Any chance the expiration times could be extended =)
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. Guess my hulk is staying 4/4/5 for a while then.
  • I have 0 Psylocke, Daredevil, or Punisher covers so this is yet another event I can't really participate in.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmm; I've only had to fight low to middling level foes, but I'm getting the sense that:

a] These mutants will be very tough at max level.
    b] Having the buffed characters mostly determined by the order they're released has lead to an extremely weak/ill-suited buffed roster for this one - no tanks, no one who can (efficiently) counter countdown binge, only Storm's Blue and Punisher's Red can actually hit big...

I am just going to do each mission once and see if I can fly under the radar for the whole event - not got the enthusiasm for any more endurance matches, and I don't even want to see the health total for maxed Ares + 2 tank mutants.

I do miss the old intensive/engrossing PvE, but we're 4 events into the regime of scaling now so it's fair to say I'm in the "live with it or leave" position now.

At least less-fun PvE means I don't need to give a fig about actually earning Black Panther, since he'll just be requisite for another bunch of missions in a likely-equally-uninspiring PvE event.
    I'd quite like to just convert my expanding under-covered un-levelled unloved level 15 3* collection into a key-chain of some kind, and free those roster-slots up... icon_rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to those tantalizing ISO graphics on the map, though. icon_e_smile.gif

P.S. Like the story! icon_cool.gif
  • Silly question RE: Crotchdevil. Why is he the required character on a mission where none of the enemy can move tiles?
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any idea how often mission points reset?? 8hrs? 12hrs?
  • I can see this event requiring ALOT of time to place high and compete already. So far i love the story, especially everyone's reaction to magneto.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Major, major problems already

1) not nearly enough levels!!! There are five in each sub-thing!!! Only five!!!! I'm gonna grind them to nothing in minutes. At least the ones I can play...

2) even worse: one level in each sub-thingy requires psylocke. You know, psylocke, from the ultra-scaled screwy event (albeit not as bad as the few before it) I understand dd and punisher, lots of people have the latter and the former has been out long enough to justify it, but psylocke? Come on guys, give us a break.

3) I'm hearing of extreme scaling already. Thanks boys, you've screwed us again. Enough with the damn scaling! You did say it was based less on the community, but apparently not enough. Then again, it shouldn't be based on the community at all
  • Really miss Hulk-Hunt times without scaling. Those were best PvE on my memory. Scaling is too gimmcky and currently only spoils whole fun. And yes, I have 5 blue Spidey, but it's BOOOORING. L230 is just "Stop" sign now -__-
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    Really miss Hulk-Hunt times without scaling. Those were best PvE on my memory. Scaling is too gimmcky and currently only spoils whole fun. And yes, I have 5 blue Spidey, but it's BOOOORING. L230 is just "Stop" sign now -__-
    The hulk event was certainly the high point of this game. It's been down hill from there.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question RE: Crotchdevil. Why is he the required character on a mission where none of the enemy can move tiles?

They really, really need to stop doing that.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    GEFPenst wrote:
    Really miss Hulk-Hunt times without scaling. Those were best PvE on my memory.

We all do. Except the devs.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Silly question RE: Crotchdevil. Why is he the required character on a mission where none of the enemy can move tiles?

It just seems a little odd. Oh well - mine is level 18 (only two covers) so he just hung back and watched Modern Storm and Original Black Widow pick and peck at the enemy until I won.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Do the countdown tiles going off trigger his trap? They aren't a direct ability so not sure. Will have to test it.

Any cascade triggered by rows being destroyed will definitely trigger traps at least.
  • bughunt wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

Do the countdown tiles going off trigger his trap? They aren't a direct ability so not sure. Will have to test it.
    They trigger them through random cascades. And you don't want any enemy cascades anyway.