Episode 4: Iso-8 Brotherhood Discussion

Options

Comments

• Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    It's started!
  • Makes me curious how psylocke's blue upgrades with lvls. Can one of you cheaters out there actually be helpful to the community and give us the specs on her icon_e_smile.gif lol (no but serious....)
  • I can't join right away since I've got work and plans but maybe later tonight.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Makes me curious how psylocke's blue upgrades with lvls. Can one of you cheaters out there actually be helpful to the community and give us the specs on her icon_e_smile.gif lol (no but serious....)

It's updated already in the character discussion. 19AP / 2 turn countdown at level 5.
  • jozier wrote:
    So if there's a lesser weight on community scaling, and rubberbanding explained by rewarding people at equal rank but lesser points, what is the incentive for joining right away instead of waiting until say, last 4 hours?

More ISO? The same its always been.

And this isn't a change to rubberbanding, this is the rubberbanding that's been around for months.

Sorry, I don't believe I've ever read rubberbanding explained like that. If that's the way it's always been, ok I've just been under a misunderstanding as to how it's worked.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So if there's a lesser weight on community scaling, and rubberbanding explained by rewarding people at equal rank but lesser points, what is the incentive for joining right away instead of waiting until say, last 4 hours?

If you join in the last 4 hours for the main event, you miss out on all rewards for sub events.

If you join in the last 4 hours of sub events, you have no chance of competing in the main event.

If you join right away, you have a chance in the main event - IF you keep grinding every single sub event as soon as it hits. It's friggin tiresome.

Also if you join in the last 4 hours in a sub event there might be Level 230 missions again instead of manageble levels. They might claim that the scaling will be more indivdually tuned, but I'll believe it when I see it. And by the time we know for sure it might be too late to have a go at a top spot in the main event.

This is why I'm starting to hate the game, you NEVER have all the information you need to plan ahead. You can just stumble into things and hope for the best.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    And glad to see you're posting again after your week hiatus. icon_e_smile.gif
    Just work being work unfortunately. Been a busy week and this, while fun and a cool thing to do comes *after* my other responsibilities. And while I usually post at home some nights, my free time has been taken up playing a couple other games obsessively instead. icon_razz.gif
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    KaioShinDE wrote:

If you join in the last 4 hours for the main event, you miss out on all rewards for sub events.

If you join in the last 4 hours of sub events, you have no chance of competing in the main event.

If you join right away, you have a chance in the main event - IF you keep grinding every single sub event as soon as it hits. It's friggin tiresome.

Also if you join in the last 4 hours in a sub event there might be Level 230 missions again instead of manageble levels. They might claim that the scaling will be more indivdually tuned, but I'll believe it when I see it. And by the time we know for sure it might be too late to have a go at a top spot in the main event.

This is why I'm starting to hate the game, you NEVER have all the information you need to plan ahead. You can just stumble into things and hope for the best.

It's why I tend to let other people join and feel out the event before joining myself. I think the general strategy is to be able to time your clears such that you can do your last clear right before the event ends to maximize rubber banding. So if refreshes are at 8 hours, join 10 hours before the end of the event if you want to do 2 clears, 18 hours before if you want to do 3 clears, etc.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Posted this as an announcement, but: We're aware that there's an issue with the new PVE Event only appearing in English regardless of what language the game is set to. We're investigating. In the mean time, I guess it's a good chance to bone up on English?
  • KaioShinDE wrote:

It's why I tend to let other people join and feel out the event before joining myself. I think the general strategy is to be able to time your clears such that you can do your last clear right before the event ends to maximize rubber banding. So if refreshes are at 8 hours, join 10 hours before the end of the event if you want to do 2 clears, 18 hours before if you want to do 3 clears, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we almost never know what the reset timer is until 8-12 hours into the event when someone posts it's reset?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Posted this as an announcement, but: We're aware that there's an issue with the new PVE Event only appearing in English regardless of what language the game is set to. We're investigating. In the mean time, I guess it's a good chance to bone up on English?

There's something ironic about this notice only appearing in English....
  • BP's black seems as risky as Patch's green. But interesting.

I like the "molotov" like lobbing of protect tiles.
  • Is daredevil worth the iso? Or no.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    BP's black seems as risky as Patch's green. But interesting.

I like the "molotov" like lobbing of protect tiles.

Super curious to see what it looks like maxed out.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    Is daredevil worth the iso? Or no.

No.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    There's something ironic about this notice only appearing in English....
    I suppose I could post it in Japanese too, but that's all I personally know. I've got it off to our loc team for a quick turnaround to post in other languages. Figured quicker is better than nothing. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Is it just me or is black panther another Meh... also the rewards are not that great either since my punisher covers have been max for a while so I can actually cruise this one leisurely.
  • Unity wrote:

No. Any of the other buffed characters would be ISO better spent. Even the anemic Captain.
  • The only time I've found Daredevil remotely interesting to use is with Patch. Triggering the red trap can be like an OBW jr.
  • Unity wrote:

I leveled my 4/1/4 DD from 15 to 20. I want my 5 levels of ISO back icon_lol.gif