Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

Options
1234568»

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is kind of cool each 3* gives 1 of each color of a 4* toon throughout their progression.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We went through a lot of bumps getting here, but this is a really fantastic change, and it really feeds itself. I championed most of my maxed 3*s, all of my maxed 2*s and then proceeded to champion my 4*s for the sake of getting it out of the way, and managed to open 11 legendary tokens, with three providing me with new covers for my championed 4*s and one 5*. Great job on this one guys, I'm liking it so far!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish to apologize for my skepticism, and emphatically thank Demiurge, championing IS awesome
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also, it's pretty cute that championed Iron Fist gives Hulkbuster covers - they're actually best friends, we're not just forcing them to hang out!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is excellent. Going through my hoarded garbage and making it into awesome stuff and shiny, stronger blue characters made me giddy like a kid in Christmas.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    12:35pm - Championing goes live
    1:05pm - And I'm out of ISO icon_lol.gif

Complaining? No way - I LOVE this! It's stupid I know, but I get a little giddy everytime I champion a new character.....

I just wish I had more ISO - I only had 130K when I started.... icon_lol.gif

Thank you D3 - this could end up being the best change you've ever made!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got to open all my covers and go on a champion spree. That was fun and looking forward to getting more covers to see what they do!
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Boom, there it is! Let the championing begin!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gen 1:9,10 (NIV)

9 And [the Devs] said, “Let the [covers] under the [app] be gathered to one place, and let [strong characters] appear.” And it was so. 10 [The Devs] called the [strong characters] “[Champions],” and the gathered [covers] he called “[Levels].” And [the Devs] saw that it was good.
  • Thank you Devs. This is awesome. Once you hit a certain point in this game it tends to get stale, this just gave me and my desire to play more a massive boost...
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Championed Storm (2), looked at her rewards. 17k or so in ISO return for a 5k investment. Me gusta.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I love that the first 3* reward is a legendary token. I have 30 maxed 3*s so I'll have a lot of tokens in the next few days.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DFiPL wrote:
    Championed Storm (2), looked at her rewards. 17k or so in ISO return for a 5k investment. Me gusta.

Overlooking the 50 x 250 ISO lost from the covers used to level the champ, but still cool.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wanted to echo those before me, great new feature. Thank you for the legendary tokens to get us started on our Champions and the transition to the next tier from the 3*s. This did breath new life into old characters for sure. With the rewards you get as far as next level characters, brilliant. Now I have to upgrade a bunch of 3*s but I'm not complaining.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

Overlooking the 50 x 250 ISO lost from the covers used to level the champ, but still cool.

ISO is neutral in championing. You get back an amount exactly equal to the champion fee plus the covers you put in.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Atlas Axe wrote:
    Arondite wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

ISO is neutral in championing. You get back an amount exactly equal to the champion fee plus the covers you put in.

lol. That's not what everyone else is saying.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is wierd... Im excited when i pull 2 stars...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is wierd... Im excited when i pull 2 stars...

Right? I just said "Awesome, 2* Storm!" for the first time in more than a year. Nice addition, devs.