Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    Lukoil wrote:
    So, HP will be good for buying roster spots and that's it?

And all array of tokens (including 40 packs)

Yes, just what we all wanted - more reliance on RNGesus.
    But you have CPs for non-random uopgrades. And with champions system you will gain them more often.

That's possible, but remains to be seen.

I think what's yanked my crank is the lack of notice. We've been begging for info and then they deliver a HUGE change with one day's notice. Even if it ends up being a v good change overall, that's pretty tinykitty of them.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Whoa, super unexpected change. I think I need more time to make a judgement.

I wonder why did they feel that Falcap required a buff more urgently. He's certainly not great, but still miles ahead of Mr. Fantastic, not to mention some 3*s that have been in a need of a buff for over a year. The fact that Falcap was singled out most likely means that all the other characters (sans 1*s) got a blanket improvement rather than character-by-character buffs.

This could actually possibly be a push (or nudge) by Marvel. They don't care about the FF anymore, but FalCap is a flagship character, so they might not be too happy that he's considered a bottom-tier character in one of their licensed games. Pure speculation, of course.
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Had I known this during the sale (and while we were very loudly asking for details) I would not have bought the amount the HP that I did. That HP is now worthless in regards to it'd intended purpose. Will D3 be providing refunds, or offering some alternative path for those of us who stocked up on HP and no longer need/want it? Will there be something similar to the higher sale prices when lady Thor & XF were nerfed?

(I see that the reds are reading this topic, and there isn't a whole lot of time before this kicks in for all of us. Some quick response is desired.)
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I agree. Give us a preview on December 23rd for something downloaded January 5th. Run a sale in the meantime while people are excited about the new feature. Then a day AFTER the download give the REST of the details of the upgrade and those details are still incomplete. Finally, increase prices all over and have changes take effect 2 days after download. That's like...I don't even know what that's like. It's one big cluster tinykitty I'd what it is. Bravo.
    Also, I'm sure we'll get little to nothing as a response, much like all day yesterday, when the debs only responded to comments about the size of their company and whether one device can log into another's account. I don't know how you could defend any of this, though. It's at the least disingenuous, and at the most price gauging.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revizion wrote:
    Will D3 be providing refunds
    Good luck with that...
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This will only make the transition from 3* to 4* more ridiculous. Why is this a positive feature? I have and would gladly spend money to get covers for 4* with hero points. Can't afford buying cp at the current rate.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "Thanks for the huge HP sale for the holidays," he said sarcastically.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    120 commandpointsbig.png to upgrade a 4☆ rank? That's a typo, right?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Der_Lex wrote:
    David, can you give us an exact time when the changes will take effect? That'll be handy to know for expiring covers, etc.

Sorry, can't provide an exact time, but looking good that everything should be live well before the end-of-day tomorrow PST.

I have a Loki that would really appreciate it if you managed to do it within 18 hours. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Phillipes wrote:
    Why are you all complaining? Am I only one who think that CP instead HP for covers is good change?

I like the change as well. Some people play the game daily and some come to forum to complain daily. Imagine doing both icon_lol.gif ! My guess is some people will need compensation for the CP they used yesterday icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Der_Lex wrote:
    David, can you give us an exact time when the changes will take effect? That'll be handy to know for expiring covers, etc.

Sorry, can't provide an exact time, but looking good that everything should be live well before the end-of-day tomorrow PST.

I have a Loki that would really appreciate it if you managed to do it within 18 hours. icon_mrgreen.gif

Yeah, I have 10 3* covers expiring in 18 hours so that's pretty disappointing.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A couple of questions:

You specifically state 3 & 4* ability upgrades will be purchasable with CP now instead of HP, but you didn't mention 5*. Is this because 5* ability upgrades are the same as they were... or are those no longer purchasable?
    EDIT: They answered this in a different post... would help if they posted the same information if they are posting it in multiple places.

Am I understanding this correctly, You can no longer purchase covers with HP... you now need CP. The quickest way to get CP is to buy HP... which you can no longer use for the covers that you want. So to get the newly highly valued currency (CP) you have to buy a boatload of newly less valued currency (HP)?

This makes me think of a person buying a 24 pack of Coca-Cola so that they can dump out the pop and turn in the empty cans for the .10 deposits... unless you are giving away more CP with the purchase of HP than you were before.
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You guys (DeV) SUCK...thanks for the great updates one day before you change the whole HP system! I been saving HP to finish off a 4* cover now it is pretty much worthless. I also feel bad for all those people would bought HP during your Sale. Way to give all of your Player the Middle Finger!

Hopefully you fix Fal cap!

Darknes21 (iIii)
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    A couple of questions:

You specifically state 3 & 4* ability upgrades will be purchasable with CP now instead of HP, but you didn't mention 5*. Is this because 5* ability upgrades are the same as they were... or are those no longer purchasable?
    EDIT: They answered this in a different post... would help if they posted the same information if they are posting it in multiple places.

Am I understanding this correctly, You can no longer purchase covers with HP... you now need CP. The quickest way to get CP is to buy HP... which you can no longer use for the covers that you want. So to get the newly highly valued currency (CP) you have to buy a boatload of newly less valued currency (HP)?

This makes me think of a person buying a 24 pack of Coca-Cola so that they can dump out the pop and turn in the empty cans for the .10 deposits... unless you are giving away more CP with the purchase of HP than you were before.

You can also buy the equivalently priced ISO bundle to get the cp.
  • Mercurywolf
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    A couple of questions:

It seems the developers want you to spend your money to purchase ISO, which grants CP at the same purchase amounts of HP, but they've done this backwards. Rather than up the value of ISO (such as by giving more of it at the various tiers etc.), they severely decreased the value of HP.

Or they're hoping to generate a lot of last minute sales of people trying to get enough HP to max their 4* before the change goes through.

Not a particular fan of this approach.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    F-U everyone stuck in the mid range

3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

How are any of these changes good for anyone
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

3 and 4-Star Hero powers have been adjusted. Powers are stronger at lower levels, slightly weaker at medium levels and unchanged at Max Level.

I suspect it's relative, so if the damage was 10, 20, 30 now it's 12, 18, 30

It should help the characters be playable earlier.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

slightly helps those early in transition, but incentivizes getting them to max speedily? just a guess. hope my 145s can still handle 4*ddq - I bet those are the decreased power levels icon_e_confused.gif
    658 Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    So many in my alliance and our friends have posted screenshots recently with 50k+ hp. To make this change with one day's notice and less than two weeks after an hp sale is wrong. You guys know damn well how many buyer clubs just grouped together and bought way above normal. I'm sitting on 60k hp that will have very little value tomorrow. If you wanted to do this over 60 days, no problem at all. Even 30 days would at least give folks some time to spend that hp. To implement this way...*at best* this is a very poor way to treat your users who spend the most.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    So how are you gonna be handling HP Refunds? A Ton of users stockpiled hp while it was on sale for the holidays with the intent of maxing heroes as they acquire them. The currency has been misrepresented - there's no way you didnt know this change was in the pipes when you put that sale up. Last grab for money before you jam the paying customers in the bum? I'm assuming most of them are going to be pretty displeased with that, particularly the bigger spenders like [well known player here] and [well known player and forum-goer here].