Champion Levels Going Live Jan. 07, 2016

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      You are no longer able to purchase Ability Level Upgrades with Hero Points.
    Explain to us what this doesn't further slow down the 4* transition. And what are we supposed to spend HP on now, assuming we already have everything rostered, and don't feel like doing 5 shield hops per pvp?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    tl;dr: FTP game removes main pay-to-win feature; everyone complains.

No they didn't. Last I looked, you can still buy CP. 120 CP just costs a helluva lot more than 2500HP.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day
    Tomorrow is the judgment day
    Tomorrow we'll discover what our maxed-out rosters have in store
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    David, can you give us an exact time when the changes will take effect? That'll be handy to know for expiring covers, etc.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are you all complaining? Am I only one who think that CP instead HP for covers is good change?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    tl;dr: FTP game removes main pay-to-win feature; everyone complains.
    Not everyone buying covers with HP was doing it with HP they spent money on.

And for those people who DID spend money on HP to buy covers, if they're not buying covers anymore, what's going to sustain the game? 40 packs??
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't believe they are making this change with ONE day's notice and not even in game. That just can't be right.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    woopie wrote:
    Switching from Hero Points to Command Points to upgrade 4*s is such bull ****. It already cost $100 to whale a 4* (which itself is already ridiculous), but moving to CP increases that a ton
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

True, it does pretty much guarantee I'm not spending money on this game anymore icon_lol.gif My token luck is and has been complete ****. My last season 10 pack was all 2*s, I haven't pulled a 5* since Phoenix was introduced, and the only 4* I've been able to fully cover since the introduction of LTs has been Mr. F
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      You are no longer able to purchase Ability Level Upgrades with Hero Points. 2, 3 and 4-Star Characters have had their ability values slightly updated."

This is maybe the funniest thing you guys have ever done.

"You have one day notice to use your HP to buy ability upgrades. BUT we updated some characters and aren't going to tell you who, so you have to guess if you're flushing money down the toilet."

Superb.

Edit: Ok I see the other thread. Anger subsided. This is still a funny way to present it though.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Actually, one more comment. 25 cp currently for a 4*, chance at 5* with leg token. 20 cp for a 3* tomorrow. Let that sink in.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They heard our complaints that the 4* transition was a bit too random. Obviously, the solution was to raise the prices of whaling a 4* and make it even more random, because reasons.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, HP will be good for buying roster spots and that's it?

And all array of tokens (including 40 packs)
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:

Yes, just what we all wanted - more reliance on RNGesus.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whoa, super unexpected change. I think I need more time to make a judgement.

I wonder why did they feel that Falcap required a buff more urgently. He's certainly not great, but still miles ahead of Mr. Fantastic, not to mention some 3*s that have been in a need of a buff for over a year. The fact that Falcap was singled out most likely means that all the other characters (sans 1*s) got a blanket improvement rather than character-by-character buffs.

It's been a while since we had our last Q&A. David Hi-Fi, is there a chance that you could organise another?
  • Lukoil
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:
    Why are you all complaining? Am I only one who think that CP instead HP for covers is good change?
    Me too=) That because we are not whales=)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:

Which will add to your champions, earning you more cp, iso, hero points, etc..
  • tdglory49
    tdglory49 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Phillipes wrote:

I don't disagree in the long-term, although it's weirdly antagonistic to the whales, since it's now way more expensive to cover a character. Unless CP is supposed to be the new major currency, and we'll be able to buy that directly in a few months.

However, the speed with which this sounds like it's happening is crazy. I was waiting on an HP stockpile until I got that elusive first red Hulkbuster. I'll live, but what percentage of the players aren't even on the forums/won't know about that? Plus, we've just had a few sales, and now that's suddenly devalued instantly?
  • Lukoil
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:

But you have CPs for non-random uopgrades. And with champions system you will gain them more often.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:

Maybe they will switch to make money by selling RNGosaries and CRNGucifixes!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    David, can you give us an exact time when the changes will take effect? That'll be handy to know for expiring covers, etc.

Sorry, can't provide an exact time, but looking good that everything should be live well before the end-of-day tomorrow PST.