The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Darknes21 wrote:

Hopefully you fix Fal cap!

Darknes21 (iIii)

You're in luck!
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Ruinate wrote:
    Sitting on 30k HP. I wanted to wait until Champions were released to open all my saved tokens, and then spend the HP on covers that I want to buy out. I can still do that today, except Blue Iceman from pve probably won't come in on time since I joined slice 4. My Iceman is 4/0/3 and I was going to spend HP on him. I hope one of my tokens pull a blue! icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Just wanted to say thank you. Stupid me was gonna whale first and open tokens after the change. Guess token party is today.

Also, pretty sure you're in my iceman bracket, and I need him too, so please waste time opening your tokens tonight around the final grind. Thanks again.

I am in your bracket. I saw you zoom up out of nowhere. I think you pregrinded early sub 2.
    I have 3 pinks so I won't be going for first. I am perfectly happy with top5. We have a rough bracket, man. It's really tight.

D3, you KNOW that people are busting their **** for Iceman. Can you please let all Iceman rewards come in first before this **** change? Slice 1 and 2 is fine, but it's totally okay to **** 3-5 amirite?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Can we also address the extreme disparity in costs? Currently, purchasing a 3* cover with HP costs 1250 HP and a 4* cover only twice that much. I don't see why a change of currency must also change it so the 4* cover now costs 6 times more.
    Because, WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BUYING SPECIFIC COVERS. Randomized progression has worked so well and been greeted so warmly when it comes to 5*s, they've decided to make the 4* transition completely **** random too.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Devs, I hope you are reading this, because if these changes go forward as announced, this could be seen as constituting fraud. You are devaluing a purchase after the fact when you didn't disclose that you would be altering its value. You also had to know this was going to happen. That's basically textbook fraud. And that's a pretty serious charge. I really hope theres something more you aren't telling us.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    They did a survey a little while ago asking if you thought them removing the ability to buy covers with hp was a good or a bad thing. I know I voted not to remove it. I wonder if most people voted to remove it or if they just removed it anyway.
    I liked being able to, although I've only done so a few times since needing HP for roster slots was the bigger concern. I'd have preferred to keep the option though. Oh well, doesn't matter that much. I've been a ftp player from the beginning. I can't complain when a game that has given me this much enjoyment for free for so long does something I don't quite like. Until they do something that makes it not fun, I'll still play now and then.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Ruinate wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    Sitting on 30k HP. I wanted to wait until Champions were released to open all my saved tokens, and then spend the HP on covers that I want to buy out. I can still do that today, except Blue Iceman from pve probably won't come in on time since I joined slice 4. My Iceman is 4/0/3 and I was going to spend HP on him. I hope one of my tokens pull a blue! icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif

Just wanted to say thank you. Stupid me was gonna whale first and open tokens after the change. Guess token party is today.

Also, pretty sure you're in my iceman bracket, and I need him too, so please waste time opening your tokens tonight around the final grind. Thanks again.

I am in your bracket. I saw you zoom up out of nowhere. I think you pregrinded early sub 2.
    I have 3 pinks so I won't be going for first. I am perfectly happy with top5. We have a rough bracket, man. It's really tight.

D3, you KNOW that people are busting their **** for Iceman. Can you please let all Iceman rewards come in first before this tinykitty change? Slice 1 and 2 is fine, but it's totally okay to tinykitty 3-5 amirite?

I am in the same boat and same bracket I only need his blue though so I will not be fighting you guys for top 5.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    I am not someone who has ever purchased, or planned to purchase, a cover with HP, so take that as you will. ("You free-to-play tinykitty," some may say.) But looking at this from an overall perspective, MPQ is about to get a feature that will be most useful when your characters are both cover-maxed and level-maxed. If the intention is to extend the lifetime of the game, and limit the number of maxed Champions, I can see why Demiurge would decide they want to slow down people from maxing characters.

It seems that the game is headed toward encouraging putting time into the game (playing PVE and PVP to earn CP, Championing characters with earned covers and earning more CP) than taking a shortcut and whaling a character with money. Everyone will have an opinion on whether that's a good or bad thing for them personally based on how they currently play the game, but I say to all those who consider themselves vets: Taking away the ability to quickly max out a character may actually be a good thing for the game overall -- it puts everyone on an equal playing field for new characters. Yes, you can argue there will be mega-whales and coordinated buying groups that might generate enough CP to level up a new character significantly, but it will be a much lower percentage of the players doing it. At the same time, they are tweaking characters to make lower level versions more powerful -- which means it may take fewer covers to make a low-level 4* playable, but I'll reserve judgment on that until the update is released.

I think the biggest goodwill that Demiurge could earn after this would be to give us more ways to earn specific 4* covers to help remove some of the randomness.... like expanding the placement rewards for PVP (as was recently done for PVE) for example. Another nice change would be to bring back 4* PVPs -- they only run once right now, when the character is launched, with a cover for the featured character being the 1000 progression reward. If you start rotating those past 4* PVPs into the schedule, it would give us another way to get a specific cover, with very little effort by Demiurge (all the graphics and stuff were created for the initial run of the PVP). I also think earning specific covers from championing 3*s will be nice, but from the video it looked like that might not happen until after 99 covers or so of a 3*, so that's a super-long-range target.

As has been pointed out by others, as the number of 4*s increases, your odds for getting an individual character (and the color you want) in a Legendary decrease, and the rotation for 4*s gets longer. So whatever they can do after this to help us earn individual covers would be great.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    They killed two big birds with one stone and everyone is all upset.

First off Champions helps eliminate soft cappers. Maybe not eliminate them but at least make it more enticing to not soft cap.

The other big problem they got rid of is the lack of iso. It is now a way bigger currency in the game. It makes more sense to purchase ISO than HP now. It will be the best way to accumulate CP and everyone needs it anyway. I always see tons of complaints that it is not available enough yet I never see anyone ever saying they bought any but I always see that people bought HP.

Both changes everyone wanted just not the way that they wanted it.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    The other big problem they got rid of is the lack of iso. It is now a way bigger currency in the game. It makes more sense to purchase ISO than HP now. It will be the best way to accumulate CP and everyone needs it anyway. I always see tons of complaints that it is not available enough yet I never see anyone ever saying they bought any but I always see that people bought HP.

It will never make sense to purchase ISO unless they greatly increase the amount you get per dollar. Devaluing HP doesn't mean ISO is suddenly worth more money, it just means they're both equally not worth buying.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems that the game is headed toward encouraging putting time into the game (playing PVE and PVP to earn CP
    If that's what they're thinking, they've failed miserably. I'm a PvE ****, but if HP can't be spent on anything useful, I'm no longer going to bother. Who in their right mind is going to grind T10 for 1/120 of a cover??
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    They killed two big birds with one stone and everyone is all upset.

First off Champions helps eliminate soft cappers. Maybe not eliminate them but at least make it more enticing to not soft cap.

Both changes everyone wanted just not the way that they wanted it.

It makes NO sense to purchase ISO and it never did. I can drop $100 for 78k ISO? That would take ONE of my 3* characters from level 130 to 166. For $100? That's absurd. Nobody thinks that's a good investment.
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    SangFroid wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

D3, you KNOW that people are busting their **** for Iceman. Can you please let all Iceman rewards come in first before this tinykitty change? Slice 1 and 2 is fine, but it's totally okay to tinykitty 3-5 amirite?

I am in the same boat and same bracket I only need his blue though so I will not be fighting you guys for top 5.

I'm in this bracket also. That's me at #5. You gentlemen/ladies are free to back off at anytime. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Damn shame too, I'm literally ONLY grinding bc I want those t5 Iceman covers.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am straight up excited to see how this all works out.

Very excited to see the buffs and how that might re-balance some things, or present more options in PvE.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I return from a 2-hour long meeting at my job to see this!! What the heck happened! I wish they would just communicate major changes at least a week or two in advance, enough of this 1-2 day ****!

I have 20k HP from the last sale that I planned to use for 4* covers. I have a Jean Grey missing a blur cover and a Hulkbuster missing red so I cannot whale them, now you're telling me I can no longer buy covers?!

I accepted the fact that inorder for me to move into the 4* transition I would need to buy a majority of the covers, fine, I played free the first 2 years I'll contribute but now.. what do I do with my HP?! Sure I can buy roster slots but with Championing, I no longer need my dup 3*'s for different builds so that's about 7 roster slots right there.

As of right now I only earn 15 CP per month through the Daily Supply then whatever CP I can earn through the wonderful 4/4 rewards and MAYBE if I am lucky I can place high enough to earn another 1 or 2..... HP flowed at a much higher rate for me to buy covers, CP not so much.

Will this make me quit this game once and for all? Probably not, I still haven't figured out how to stop playing without uninstalling it altogether icon_mad.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    What time tomorrow is it going live?! I NEED MAH FIX!!! icon_lol.gif
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    It seems that the game is headed toward encouraging putting time into the game (playing PVE and PVP to earn CP
    If that's what they're thinking, they've failed miserably. I'm a PvE ****, but if HP can't be spent on anything useful, I'm no longer going to bother. Who in their right mind is going to grind T10 for 1/120 of a cover??

The only hope here is that their damage boost to lower level characters is so significant that a 3-cover 4* is actually playable. I don't think they'd increase it so much that you'd be able to use it in a PVP though, even during a new character boost. I guess we'll see.

So, to sum up, in less than 48 hours, they've pissed off both soft-cappers (and whatever you call people who level evenly and don't max... level-eveners?) and whales with two major changes. What's next? (****, should not have asked that.)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, to sum up, in less than 48 hours, they've pissed off both soft-cappers (and whatever you call people who level evenly and don't max... level-eveners?) and whales with two major changes. What's next? (****, should not have asked that.)

"Using a health pack will now cause your phone to explode."
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) You guys are programmers. Program in a time it starts!

2) Are CP going to be purchased as a solo, third, currency?

3) Why are 4 stars now going to be six times as expensive? Or is it just because CP just got six times easier to get?

4) Will we be able to buy any color for 120cp, or just the one we already have?

5) Will HP only be used for roster slots, rainbow bonuses, and shields? If so, it best get a lot cheaper.

6) Or is HP being completely replaced by CP?
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Darknes21 wrote:

Hopefully you fix Fal cap!

Darknes21 (iIii)

You're in luck!
    Just read the upgrade....not impressed...looks to me they really only fixed his yellow!

Edit: wish they adjusted the AP
  • boostedseo
    boostedseo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Why can't people continue to buy covers with hp, until reaching 13 covers, then cp for championing covers?