MPQ At Marvel.com: Champion Levels

Options

Comments

• Nellyson wrote:
    So am I missing something, because I thought there was no ISO needed after championing a hero. It just went up a level with whatever cover you got. No ISO needed to level them up on these bonus levels.

AFTER you champion a hero, you don't need Iso to level them up.

BEFORE championing them, though, they have to be Max Level, which takes a lot of Iso to do.

That's what people are worried about here. How to afford that Iso to get them to max.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    Nellyson wrote:
    So am I missing something, because I thought there was no ISO needed after championing a hero. It just went up a level with whatever cover you got. No ISO needed to level them up on these bonus levels.

AFTER you champion a hero, you don't need Iso to level them up.

BEFORE championing them, though, they have to be Max Level, which takes a lot of Iso to do.

That's what people are worried about here. How to afford that Iso to get them to max.
    Isn't this the issue we have been complaining about since the first anniversary week when they decided to start releasing a new character 2-3 per month? Why should they not make it worse now?
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    After reading more people's views on this new feature, I've decided it won't be bad. It is just not what most were hoping for to progress into 4 star land. They moved the carrot farther away, but hid that fact under rewards and more levels. Too much of this games balance is based on token luck, and this new feature still doesn't fix that much. That said its something new to do on a game that needed new content, so I'm hoping it works out better than I think.

I think that's a great way to look at it. In effect they've moved the finish line farther away, but flattened the terrain between here and there. It might take just as long to get to the goal, but at least there will be tangible progress along the way rather than just waiting at brick walls for the RNG to knock a hole in them and let you progress. Which sounds like a lot more fun, to be honest.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jobob wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    We know you’re likely eager to uncover more about the all-new Champion Levels arriving soon in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

so mostly can count on not happening this or next week? if it was this week you would thought they would said THURSDAY?

i wonder how this will effect scaling say right now someone is fighting 166 max teams in PVP but they dont have their people to 166. Those 166 people Champ all of their people and say in 2 to 3 months they have extra 20 covers on them

so now these 166 normal people are going to be forced to fight 166 X 20 champion levels

Your logic flaws very bad and this is why: Every cover expires is 2 weeks from the date you got it. So it's impossible anybody has that many covers of the same character when the update hits. Maybe there's gonna be some lucky guys who have, what, 2-3 covers, of the same 1-2 characters ? That's not a big advantage, and I highlight again: you have to be LUCKY to have those covers earned in the last 1 week and a half (because the update is likely to hit in a couple of days or more). So stop complaining.

Your logic doesn't take into account that there are people with THOUSANDS of stockpiled tokens that never expire. There are going to be more tokens opened the day this patch goes live than any day in MPQ history, probably by at least an order of magnitude. I guarantee you will see some 186 3* in week 1.

And how is that unfair? Who stopped you or anybody else to keep hold of your tokens?
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    I don't get the complains... really.

In every single game I play, there's always a group of players that all they like to do is complain on the forums. I don't get it, why do you even play the game?

The game has to be challenging. What's the motivation behind playing and winning every single thing? How is that even fun or challenging? If it were easy I would have left the game from week 1.
    And I hate to see every single game demanded to be transformed into easier and easier, so the 15 years old boys and gals would not feel disappointed by a game loss... well buhuu! If you can't get over it, go play with your other toys. Let the game be competitive.

This new feature is an absolutely great addition. There's no buts or ifs. It is one of the good things happening. And all you do is complain, about an imaginary problem. It's not enough that you can play this game for free. It's not enough that the game is constantly growing and growing well. It's not enough that you get access to everything in game without paying a damn peny. All you have to do is fight a little for your covers and resources... Well, how dare they do that to us? Gain our resources and covers with a little challenge? No way... lol.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:

In every single game I play, there's always a group of players that all they like to do is complain on the forums. I don't get it, why do you even play the game?

If I don't play then it means I can't complain d'uh.

It's the internet for crying out loud, there is only so many lolcats and videos not suitable for children, what else is there to do with the collective wealth of mankind's knowledge?
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    jobob wrote:
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    We know you’re likely eager to uncover more about the all-new Champion Levels arriving soon in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

so mostly can count on not happening this or next week? if it was this week you would thought they would said THURSDAY?

i wonder how this will effect scaling say right now someone is fighting 166 max teams in PVP but they dont have their people to 166. Those 166 people Champ all of their people and say in 2 to 3 months they have extra 20 covers on them

so now these 166 normal people are going to be forced to fight 166 X 20 champion levels

Your logic flaws very bad and this is why: Every cover expires is 2 weeks from the date you got it. So it's impossible anybody has that many covers of the same character when the update hits. Maybe there's gonna be some lucky guys who have, what, 2-3 covers, of the same 1-2 characters ? That's not a big advantage, and I highlight again: you have to be LUCKY to have those covers earned in the last 1 week and a half (because the update is likely to hit in a couple of days or more). So stop complaining.

Your logic doesn't take into account that there are people with THOUSANDS of stockpiled tokens that never expire. There are going to be more tokens opened the day this patch goes live than any day in MPQ history, probably by at least an order of magnitude. I guarantee you will see some 186 3* in week 1.

And how is that unfair? Who stopped you or anybody else to keep hold of your tokens?

Exactly. Forums and Facebook have been talking about champions some way back. and I have advised everyone I met to hoard because covers have expiry dates. I cannot believe no one knew anything in your entire alliance to not have a heads up
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After Championing a few 2*, maybe I'll have enough extra HP to buy the last cover I need for IF, my last 3* to be fully covered. Then, the ISO grind.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Only one question:

When do it goes live?

Seriously, this is a cover collecting game system and since most of us are gamers with a collecting habbit, this fits to the game. Now you can lvl up your beloved characters above there standard max to a new champion max.

Actually there is a second question:

Where from to take the extra iso to make my over 30 maxed characters champions? Saved some iso to push my 4*s to a lvl which can possible beat Clash of Titans (I wonder at which lvl IW can beat her challenger), now I will spend it to make some champions.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Only one question:

When do it goes live?

Seriously, this is a cover collecting game system and since most of us are gamers with a collecting habbit, this fits to the game. Now you can lvl up your beloved characters above there standard max to a new champion max.

Where from to take the extra iso to make my over 30 maxed characters champions? Saved some iso to push my 4*s to a lvl which can possible beat Clash of Titans (I wonder at which lvl IW can beat her challenger), now I will spend it to make some champions.

Almost any level once you have a yellow cover. I think my IW was only level 90 when I took down Cyclops last time but oh my days it was patience and luck to the maximum. Just have to stay invisible as much as possible especially when you see black or red go over the limit for use.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Only one question:

When do it goes live?

Almost any level once you have a yellow cover. I think my IW was only level 90 when I took down Cyclops last time but oh my days it was patience and luck to the maximum. Just have to stay invisible as much as possible especially when you see black or red go over the limit for use.

Then I am lucky, got her yellow icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Only one question:

When do it goes live?

IW's opponent was Quicksilver.. just saying.. Cyclops was Wolverine X-Force's opponent. But, your point is correct. As long as she could turn invisible, Quicksilver is beatable.. I'm looking forward to that challenge now.. My IW was a measly 0/2/3 at that time, now she's 4/4/5 icon_lol.gif

Last time I played with IW against Quicksilver I had her pretty low, but I managed to beat him. The key is to stay invisible and prevent his AoE. If you manage that, it's just a matter of time before you win icon_e_smile.gif. You'll need a little luck too.
  • is there any way to figure out when this new feature goes live?
    will a new topic be created here? will it be a reply in one of the many topics that you have to find? will there be a message in game? or do you just randomly click on max level characters in your roster to suddenly find a new button?
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    _Ryu_ wrote:
    Only one question:

When do it goes live?

IW's opponent was Quicksilver.. just saying.. Cyclops was Wolverine X-Force's opponent. But, your point is correct. As long as she could turn invisible, Quicksilver is beatable.. I'm looking forward to that challenge now.. My IW was a measly 0/2/3 at that time, now she's 4/4/5 icon_lol.gif

Awkward turtle moment....

Now you've mentioned it yes I remember the pain of supersonic although I did discover that force bubbles activate supersonic so with championing IW and 266 QS will be absolutely distructive.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:

icon_question.gif

It's not unfair... I never said it was unfair. You said his logic was flawed, and I pointed out something you weren't factoring in. I never made a judgement about fair vs unfair
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:

I posted this in another thread... but reading back over my posts, I came off snippy and I apologize. Some other folks did too, but I kinda started it coming in guns blazing.

Ultimately, I am excited for the new system, and looking forward to using it. I wish parts of it had been implemented differently, but I harped on what I didn't like waaay too harshly.

As far as being a "complainer," I am typically not, but I wouldn't complain at all about a game I didn't like. I enjoy the game and want it to be better.

I do want to say this- I don't regret leveling everyone across the board evenly instead of taking characters to max 1 by 1, or moving to 3*s before I maxed out all the 2*s, or 4*s before maxed 3*s. I don't think it's a "wrong" way to play, and while I can understand why the system isn't designed around players like me, I do wish the system were a little more friendly to people of all playstyles.
    The game has to be challenging. What's the motivation behind playing and winning every single thing? How is that even fun or challenging? If it were easy I would have left the game from week 1.
    And I hate to see every single game demanded to be transformed into easier and easier, so the 15 years old boys and gals would not feel disappointed by a game loss... well buhuu! If you can't get over it, go play with your other toys. Let the game be competitive.

This new feature is an absolutely great addition. There's no buts or ifs. It is one of the good things happening. And all you do is complain, about an imaginary problem. It's not enough that you can play this game for free. It's not enough that the game is constantly growing and growing well. It's not enough that you get access to everything in game without paying a damn peny. All you have to do is fight a little for your covers and resources... Well, how dare they do that to us? Gain our resources and covers with a little challenge? No way... lol.
    Who is saying they want it to be easy or non-competitive? Someone disagreeing with you or the way something is implemented is not the same as asking to make the game easy or asking for something for free. And, while, yes, you can play the game without spending a penny, lots of people do spend a penny or two. Freemium/FTP games are built on the notion that you are going to pay for content with either money or a significant time investment... IMO, that gives everyone the right to at least have a discussion about what they like/dislike in the game. A lot of times the complainers are the people who like the game the most, and are it's biggest supporters, and ultimately just want to make the game better. Why belittle them over it?
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Where to I get ISO to champion all of my characters?
    You just can't! For now, you probably want to champion only the characters you like best. Or in some cases, the ones you have.

The covers you get are really random. Even the ones you earn for high placement depend on how tough the competition is on a given day in a given bracket. Sometime, early in the game's development, the designers decided that to give you meaningful choice (e.g. most of what makes games fun), you have to choose who to focus on. This is no different. As soon as Champing drops I have to decide whether to champion a bunch of 166's or spend 200k+ on IW to max and champion her, to get use out of a stashed extra cover before it expires.
    jobob wrote:
    I do want to say this- I don't regret leveling everyone across the board evenly instead of taking characters to max 1 by 1, or moving to 3*s before I maxed out all the 2*s, or 4*s before maxed 3*s. I don't think it's a "wrong" way to play, and while I can understand why the system isn't designed around players like me, I do wish the system were a little more friendly to people of all playstyles.

Yeah, it could be a bit better. The system rewards you for having everyone you can, as high as you can, but encourages you to focus on a few characters because of the design principle bolded above, you end up wasting ISO on characters you don't use and fall behind without a high-level team mascot to ward off attackers.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    hahahaha but for real mpq, when is this going live? it was funny at first.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After reading more people's views on this new feature, I've decided it won't be bad. It is just not what most were hoping for to progress into 4 star land. They moved the carrot farther away, but hid that fact under rewards and more levels. Too much of this games balance is based on token luck, and this new feature still doesn't fix that much. That said its something new to do on a game that needed new content, so I'm hoping it works out better than I think.

I can understand that sentment, but I'm looking forward to this simply because I've nearly finished my 3* roster. I have 1 character at level 130 (Quicksilver, natch) and everyone else is level 166. I don't need any 3* covers at all. 2* is meaningless, 1* is obviously complete apart from Yelena and Venom so all I'm able to do from now on is try to get legendary tokens if I can be arsed to do PvE, or grind away at PvP hoping to hit 1000 points for a single 4* cover.

My progression has pretty much halted.

So even if this is just an illusion of progression, or D3 moving the goalposts, I'm actually okay with it because now I'll have a goal. Suddenly I have a reason to give a damn about opening tokens. Suddenly taco tokens are worth opening rather than hoarding. Suddenly the heroic 10-pack I got from this season isn't completely worthless aside from free ISO.

I have goals now. I can do stuff with my 2*s and getting rearded for doing so might only be a psychological trick but it's working on me, I tell you what. I did not anticipate they were going to add rewards. I don't even care if fully levelling a 2* would be a net loss in ISO, it would still be fun to get free stuff for doing so.

Suddenly everything you get is relevent again. And that's a good thing IMO.

I'm not smart enough to comment on the meta though. At least PvP will have a bit more variance instead of "Got this week's featured characters? Got them at max level? You're competitive! Not a max level? Enjoy being a target!"
  • I got the new update, but there is nothing about the champion levels on here yet.... When is this supposed to come out?