MPQ At Marvel.com: Champion Levels

Options

Comments

• Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    One the other hand, it makes ISO harder to collect. 250 and 500 sell prices aren't great but for someone like me who's underway on building a 4* roster, it does add up at a slow but reliable rate. This would change that.
    Yes it will. Now instead of only ISO you will also gain HP,CP, 4* covers, LTs.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

One cover seems ridiculously slow.

Everyone (ok, not the typical everyone) is throwing an absolute **** fit about balance under the impression that everyone and their uncle is going to be rocking 370s at go live, and reaping hundreds of thousands of rewards from doing so immediately.

I think slow is exactly what this feature needs. Yeah, based on last year's data that I have, by end of 2016, I don't think I could champion any 3* higher than about 200 or so, and no 4* higher than probably 280-290. I don't really see a problem with that.

I'll still have an advantage over those who get rewards slower, and be behind those who get them faster. That's basically where I am now, and I'm still quite happy with the game.

As i said and say again here, the only thing I think should be adjusted is max covers = champion eligible, and means you can start leveling with new covers instead of iso if you choose. That solves most roster usability issues right now. Rewards only once you reach the 95/167/271 thresholds, but progress before that. Then I think the system would be really good.
  • Azoth658 wrote:
    Where's the "sacrifice"?

You get paid in 2* Bag Man Tokens icon_lol.gif

While we're at it , how long until we see a Level 144 Bagman?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lukoil wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    One the other hand, it makes ISO harder to collect. 250 and 500 sell prices aren't great but for someone like me who's underway on building a 4* roster, it does add up at a slow but reliable rate. This would change that.
    Yes it will. Now instead of only ISO you will also gain HP,CP, 4* covers, LTs.

That is the hope, yes, but until we see the rewards specifically laid out for this, I'll reserve my confetti throwing.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simply put, to champion, you're taking iso from characters you are still leveling and putting it into those you were completed
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Simply put, to champion, you're taking iso from characters you are still leveling and putting it into those you were completed

You're taking iso from a character temporarily to open the door to increased rewards which (likely) includes recouping the iso you spent in the first place.

So not really that simple.
  • jobob
    jobob Posts: 680 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Probably the best/most accurate description so far.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think it sounds great......

When?
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:
    imagine the ISO saved from bumping a 13 cover, 156 lvl 3* to 166 w/ a 14th cover

Sounds satisfying to me icon_e_wink.gif

I'm ok with less than what I suggested but it should still feel significant. ISO is by far the biggest need for me for a long time now and I'm not alone with that problem.
  • Xenoberyll wrote:
    LordXberk wrote:
    imagine the ISO saved from bumping a 13 cover, 156 lvl 3* to 166 w/ a 14th cover

Sounds satisfying to me icon_e_wink.gif

I'm ok with less than what I suggested but it should still feel significant. ISO is by far the biggest need for me for a long time now and I'm not alone with that problem.

Yeah, but if you need Iso, aren't you already making regular progress?

Like you're probably making enough Iso to give one level to one character faster then you're getting one cover for said character, I'd think.

This seems to be more for sorts who are more cover-starved then iso-starved, so they can make level ups of progress without bumping up 8 cover 3-4 stars far before they're ready.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    D4Ni13 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    We know you’re likely eager to uncover more about the all-new Champion Levels arriving soon in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

so mostly can count on not happening this or next week? if it was this week you would thought they would said THURSDAY?

i wonder how this will effect scaling say right now someone is fighting 166 max teams in PVP but they dont have their people to 166. Those 166 people Champ all of their people and say in 2 to 3 months they have extra 20 covers on them

so now these 166 normal people are going to be forced to fight 166 X 20 champion levels

Your logic flaws very bad and this is why: Every cover expires is 2 weeks from the date you got it. So it's impossible anybody has that many covers of the same character when the update hits. Maybe there's gonna be some lucky guys who have, what, 2-3 covers, of the same 1-2 characters ? That's not a big advantage, and I highlight again: you have to be LUCKY to have those covers earned in the last 1 week and a half (because the update is likely to hit in a couple of days or more). So stop complaining.

FIRST I NEVER SAID DAY 1 I SAY 1 to 2 months from now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love to see how its flawed..i can get anywhere from 10+ 3 stars per week that i sell.. x that by 2 months (or 9 weeks) that is 90 even if you got 5 per week that is still 45.

saying people are complaing now about having to fight Max 166 teams when they dont have max 166 team just think taking on max 180 teams or 185 teams and you still have 140. 150s

and noone is saying you have to open tokens many have tokens saved since NOV of last year just saying they really need to group them better. i think they said what 3 stars can go up 100 levels or was it 50... if 100. i got 19 3 stars right now that dont expire for another 1+ week

166 stays at 166
    166 to 216 is a new bracket
    217 to 266 is a new bracket

just saying they should allowed you to add cover to anyone no matter if its 166 or not... also DO not see how this was effecting CP . remember they said they were going to add something to CP but it was screwing up a new featue?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    edited January 2016
    Options
    colwag wrote:

Like you're probably making enough Iso to give one level to one character faster then you're getting one cover for said character, I'd think.

Yes, you'd make Iso faster than covers for leveling, but it'd be nice when you do get that cover for it to help your progress immediately, not just when you finally getting around to having enough Iso to finish that character (which is around never, possibly later)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:

You're taking iso from a character temporarily to open the door to increased rewards which (likely) includes recouping the iso you spent in the first place.

What magical game are you playing that you think they are going to open the iso faucet so a champion becomes a iso genetator? Where has anything allowed for positive iso conversions?
  • colwag wrote:

Yes, you'd make Iso faster than covers for leveling, but it'd be nice when you do that cover for it to help your progress immediately, not just when you finally getting around to having enough Iso to finish that character (which is around never, possibly later)

Selling that cover DOES give you Iso to help finish that character as is, so it is doing that already.

(Not at a fast enough rate, of course...)
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    colwag wrote:

Yes, you'd make Iso faster than covers for leveling, but it'd be nice when you do that cover for it to help your progress immediately, not just when you finally getting around to having enough Iso to finish that character (which is around never, possibly later)

Selling that cover DOES give you Iso to help finish that character as is, so it is doing that already.

(Not at a fast enough rate, of course...)

Well yeah. 500 Iso hardly does anything when you need 2500 to level a character.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know I just deleted Moonstone for the fifth time (to make room), but she's going to be one of the better 2* to Champ. A level 144 boosted to 219 would be really strong. Not looking forward to those level 200+ cyc and IF being featured characters icon_e_smile.gif But at least it will take a while before too many people have them.

The system will be used differently for players in different tiers. As someone who has dumped most of the 2*, I'll probably just Champ OBW. Maybe a couple others. And then lots of my 3* are already maxed and so I'll Champ them too. When it comes to 4*... I'm looking at tons of ISO (and like, 7500 HP each) from maxing any decent 4*, so I probably won't get there with anyone for a long time.

I imagine someone who's lower in the 3* tier is going to Champ a lot of 2*, and we'll see more 100+ Ares/OBW or Storm/Mags teams. 2* Wolverine and Hawkeye might also be stronger at that transition... I might have to Champ Hawkeye just for the ridiculous Speed Shots he'd put out in PvE.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    colwag wrote:
    While we're at it , how long until we see a Level 144 Bagman?

This is my #1 goal. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    edited January 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

What magical game are you playing that you think they are going to open the iso faucet so a champion becomes a iso genetator? Where has anything allowed for positive iso conversions?

In case this is what you think, no I don't think you can take a 2* off the street, level him/her for 70k, champion for 5k, and get more than 75k out of the rewards. That's not happening.

Within the video, when they scroll through the Hulkbuster champion, there's at least 24k in there (2500 @ level 285, 289, 293; 3000 @ lvl 297, 301, 305, 309, 3500 @ lvl 333). Since the cost of championing is no more than 20k (and is probably ~15k for 4*), then yes, you're recouping what is spent to champion the character.

Edit: Doing some extrapolation, you're likely taking an Iso loss doing this (I'm estimating there's 75k in there, but you'd get 100k from selling those hundred covers instead), but that's made up for by the amounts of CP/HP/Tokens, which is a perfectly acceptable trade off.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    What do the characters gain when championing and leveling up? Both health and stronger abilities, 1 of these or?
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rastafari7 wrote:
    What do the characters gain when championing and leveling up? Both health and stronger abilities, 1 of these or?

They specifically say in the video, they will gain health and a bump in damage for matches and moves, similar to any other level gain. You will also get a one time reward for each level above the normal max (so you can't fully level a 2*, sell them and start over it seems).