No interest in new Elite tournament?

Options

Comments

• I only just bothered to try today. I'm at around 900 and i'm #16.
  • What kind of lineup is doombot6 running? His roster seems somewhat fragile. I'm surprised he's up there.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    What kind of lineup is doombot6 running? His roster seems somewhat fragile. I'm surprised he's up there.

He's running OBW, Ares, Hulk. He's hanging in there by scrapping and shielding, but he's taking a lot longer to finish his matches. That will come back to bite them towards the end.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    What kind of lineup is doombot6 running? His roster seems somewhat fragile. I'm surprised he's up there.

He's running OBW, Ares, Hulk. He's hanging in there by scrapping and shielding, but he's taking a lot longer to finish his matches. That will come back to bite them towards the end.

I figure that Hulk is the only thing keeping him from being eaten by the zombie horde.
  • I'm rooting for Doombot to make top 3. He's the Rudy of MPQ.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I'm rooting for Doombot to make top 3. He's the Rudy of MPQ.

I'd be very interested to see the percentage of people on these boards that know who Rudy is.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

I'd be very interested to see the percentage of people on these boards that know who Rudy is.

Everyone knows Rudy! He is up there with Chunk and Rufio!
  • Toxicadam wrote:

I was born in South Bend, Indiana. All too familiar with Rudy!
  • Me does knoweth the, Rudy.
  • 1500 point gap between 1st and 10th, lol. Haven't seen totals like this since shielded tank teams. Rango made a strong move into 3rd, with an 80 pt. lead over Doombot in 4th. Josemartins is spending HP like it's going out of style, and it's putting a serious hurt on my war chest to keep up with/slightly ahead of him. So glad this will be over tomorrow - the best part of these is the last 3 hours.

Playing the meta game in these is fun for a short time, but I will NOT play another 6 day Elite event again.
  • I have no idea how you guys have the patience to do this and just constantly check for someone to un-shield for a tiny amount of points.

It's entertaining to watch but I'm definitely not willing to join in on the "fun"
  • Yeah I'd love to give one of these a proper go but I can't commit. So for me it's just a nice source of a little bonus iso.

Rooting for walkyourpath.

I assume Nemek is sitting this one out, or just too bust redeeming covers from last time icon_lol.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah I'd love to give one of these a proper go but I can't commit. So for me it's just a nice source of a little bonus iso.

I assume Nemek is sitting this one out, or just too bust redeeming covers from last time icon_lol.gif

I'm definitely sitting it out. I haven't done any fights yet, but I'll probably get a bunch in tomorrow and use one 3-hour shield along the way or something.

What the top 4 guys are doing in this one is insane...I fear that this might be the new normal, so I'm glad I did my runs when I did.
  • By the end of this I'll be out about 3000 HP, but if I get in the top 3, I'll have max covers for all except IW, 4-star Wolverine, Psylocke (who I'll probably max from the event) and GSBW (can't get her purple covers to save my life) So I'll still consider it worth it, and I'll never have to do one again. I might do another elite event and just aim for the top 100 or so.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    By the end of this I'll be out about 3000 HP, but if I get in the top 3, I'll have max covers for all except IW, 4-star Wolverine, Psylocke (who I'll probably max from the event) and GSBW (can't get her purple covers to save my life) So I'll still consider it worth it, and I'll never have to do one again. I might do another elite event and just aim for the top 100 or so.

They will probably introduce four new characters by the time they run this again. In mid-March.
  • Nemek wrote:
    What the top 4 guys are doing in this one is insane...I fear that this might be the new normal, so I'm glad I did my runs when I did.

If they keep the duration the same, it will probably be the new normal. icon_e_sad.gif

Two other reasons it has been so crazy and the gap is so large:

1. Shielded opponents have been periodically showing up for me in matchmaking (rare, but often enough to make a difference), so I assume it has been the same for the rest. Having to wait for unshields kept the gap smaller last few times.
    2. Josemartins. He could have been saving on shields and starving the rest of the leaderboard's points with the lead he had. But he refuses to turtle, giving max possible points to everyone, so I have to take my shots at him too to stay ahead of the pack.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's the cutoff for top 30/50 right now? Considering throwing some HP into the ring for some quick and easy iso.
  • I have 906 points, ranked at 26

#4 @ 2337
    #5 @ 1434
    #10 @ 1053
    #21 @ 938
    #30 @ 900
  • Nemek wrote:
    Yeah I'd love to give one of these a proper go but I can't commit. So for me it's just a nice source of a little bonus iso.

I'm definitely sitting it out. I haven't done any fights yet, but I'll probably get a bunch in tomorrow and use one 3-hour shield along the way or something.

I'll laugh if they put in rubberbanding
  • entropic01 wrote:
    I have no idea how you guys have the patience to do this and just constantly check for someone to un-shield for a tiny amount of points.

It's entertaining to watch but I'm definitely not willing to join in on the "fun"

Yea...I have no idea either. Takes a more..... ..... Diligent..I will go with diligent....person than I.