No interest in new Elite tournament?

Options

Comments

• RangoFett wrote:
    I'm going to enter the ring tonight, see how far I can get without shielding. If the top three seems unattainable, then I'll keep shielding to a minimum and hope for a top 30. if it seems attainable, then I'll go for it.

I'm about 10-15 pts behind Josemartins and I'm in 0 points-ville, so it should be doable if you push now before the fix gets in. Doombot has a weaker roster and Dannyshan refuses to shield, so that 3rd spot is up for grabs at least right now.
  • For me, too much kill shield kill shield stress for any reward. Personally I prefer the short, smaller tournaments that run a few days and you have a good chance of getting something useful. I do have interest in watching this leader-board though, kinda funny seeing people go up 10-15 pts, shield, go up 10 pts, shield etc. icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • Anyone know what the point totals look like near the 100 mark? I cannot see entering one of these things unless I can earn a little ISO and maybe gain a scrap of HP after shielding.
  • Think I'm just gonna boycott these things til we get some progressions in there.
  • Alright I'm in. I'm up to 7th place, about 300 behind 3rd place right now, with a little less than 3 days to close the gap. Feeling pretty good about my chances. I'm running 141 Hulk, 141 Spidey, 141 Mags for maximum deterrence/slowdown.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    Alright I'm in. I'm up to 7th place, about 300 behind 3rd place right now, with a little less than 3 days to close the gap. Feeling pretty good about my chances. I'm running 141 Hulk, 141 Spidey, 141 Mags for maximum deterrence/slowdown.

Best of luck to you! That's a strong team.

Josemartins wants to win this one BAD. He burned through what must have been 1000-1500 HP last night unshielding and grinding 1-3 point matches, so I was able to draft on his points for minimal HP spend. We hit each other a few times as well while unshielded or the gap would be even larger. 750+ gap between 1st and 10th. Nearly 300 point gap between 2nd and 3rd.

If I remember correctly, he mismanaged his shields towards the end of the last 2 elite tourneys and dropped off, so hopefully if I'm patient and play smart I can steal the top spot before the end!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm rooting for you walk!
    G'wan!
  • Got my **** handed to me at the **** table last night... Should've stayed home and gone for top 3 instead.

I think I can still pull out a top 30 if i make a strong push on the ride home.

No shield expenditures yet.
  • I do not have roster to join, but curious if Psylocke and Black Panther included in Prizes? It did start before Psylocke event ended and before BP one even started so kinda curious.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    Alright I'm in. I'm up to 7th place, about 300 behind 3rd place right now, with a little less than 3 days to close the gap. Feeling pretty good about my chances. I'm running 141 Hulk, 141 Spidey, 141 Mags for maximum deterrence/slowdown.

Best of luck to you! That's a strong team.

Josemartins wants to win this one BAD. He burned through what must have been 1000-1500 HP last night unshielding and grinding 1-3 point matches, so I was able to draft on his points for minimal HP spend. We hit each other a few times as well while unshielded or the gap would be even larger. 750+ gap between 1st and 10th. Nearly 300 point gap between 2nd and 3rd.

If I remember correctly, he mismanaged his shields towards the end of the last 2 elite tourneys and dropped off, so hopefully if I'm patient and play smart I can steal the top spot before the end!

Thanks, you too! I have no desire for first, as long as I'm in the top 3, I'm happy, so I hope you get it. I managed to queue you up earlier for a juicy 48 points, that helped quite a bit. I'm only 200 behind 3rd place now. I have basically nothing better to do this whole weekend than play video games while checking the leaderboard every 5 minutes for anyone who is unshielded, so if last night was any indicator, I feel pretty good about my chances.
  • Atren wrote:
    I do not have roster to join, but curious if Psylocke and Black Panther included in Prizes? It did start before Psylocke event ended and before BP one even started so kinda curious.

I doubt BP will, but I'm hoping for some Psylocke covers out of it. There's no official word, but since Psylocke is in play I am cautiously optimistic.
  • Ok so I don't have any covers for the 1* skirmish.
    The Pve is kinda meh this time.
    Almost feels like I have to join this and ISO farm without shielding. Maybe grab a top 100 if it's convenient.
  • Ok so I don't have any covers for the 1* skirmish.
    Almost feels like I have to join this and ISO farm without shielding. Maybe grab a top 100 if it's convenient.

Please let me know what the point totals look like near the 100 ranking. I do no want to spend the HP if I cannot recoup my investment.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Finally got up to third place, just need to keep up with the rest of the group's pace to get my rewards!

EDIT:
    Aaaaaaand I'm back to fourth.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Ok so I don't have any covers for the 1* skirmish.

Please let me know what the point totals look like near the 100 ranking. I do no want to spend the HP if I cannot recoup my investment.

If I join tomorrow and rude that high I'll let u know.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    Finally got up to third place, just need to keep up with the rest of the group's pace to get my rewards!

EDIT:
    Aaaaaaand I'm back to fourth.

Your roster gives you an edge over Doombot going down the stretch. Plenty of time left.
  • If you want to get iso 8, maybe it'd be better to just buy the 1* daily deals. It's a very good deal of converting HP to iso 8 and you don't even have to play the game!
  • well, i broke down from my inability to play in the 1* tournament and my boredom with the current PvE...i paid to enter this thing.

Was about #3800 after winning my first match, and managed to grind up to 14th with only needing a 3 hour shield to cover my trip home.

Stuck in MMR hell now, I have a couple of nodes in the low teens everything else keeps popping up single digits. Probably not going to make much more of a push, unless I get bored tomorrow and get lucky on some 20+ nodes.

Shields up!
  • This is going to be an interesting end. As it stands right now, 1-4 are all within 100 points of each other, and 5th place is about 600 behind that. This will be quite the showdown.
  • Can anyone tell me at how many points ppl stand near #100? I'm thinking of joining, but still fight with myself if it's worth it.