No interest in new Elite tournament?

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I don't see any forum posts on the tournament so far. No interest in it?

Comments

• I don't think the 6 day duration is helping interest much.
  • The thing is, I think they only make sense for the relatively new players (that is, anyone who expects heroic tokens to contain something useful) or the most elite (who have a chance at high placement). Those of us not in either category - which is probably the majority of the board - probably aren't going to get our entry fee's worth out of it.
  • Way too much of a grind and HP sinkhole for me. The dedication needed for the last day or so it more than I could commit to also. Good luck to those who jump in but I'll just spend my available time on the pve.
  • Don't think I will enter this time around, and if I do it will be last day and aim for a top 100 spot perhaps.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Other people need those covers more than I do. I'm missing maybe 7 covers to have optimal builds for every character. For example, I need a Hood Yellow when respec comes out. But I'll be getting that one for free in a couple days. This Elite tournament would require likely 30 hours of my time and lots of shielding -- and I might not win it even with best efforts. I'm not hungry enough for the reward to put in the big fight.
  • Nty. Huge hp sink. Not for me.
  • I'm playing this one, as I still need plenty of villain covers, DD, Psylocke, and X-Force. But the 6 day duration is a bit absurd. I see people burning shields at a crazy rate already, which is a massive waste of HP - the real time to start shielding will be 2-3 days out from the end. Going to ninja around the #11-#50 range until then (#32 now)and then push to minimize HP spend.
  • I'm playing this one, as I still need plenty of villain covers, DD, Psylocke, and X-Force. But the 6 day duration is a bit absurd. I see people burning shields at a crazy rate already, which is a massive waste of HP - the real time to start shielding will be 2-3 days out from the end. Going to ninja around the #11-#50 range until then (#32 now)and then push to minimize HP spend.

Best of luck, man. I'm rooting for you.

Even as a complete newbie, I can understand that's dumb to use the shields right now, unless they plan to remain shielded until the end. Too much disposable income? icon_e_smile.gif
  • As usual, I don't have enough to gain by participating. Depending on the pace of the tournament, I may join late to push for a seeding that returns my HP to me. Otherwise I'll avoid it like the last one.
  • I will be participating, aiming for the top 3, but I'm waiting a day or two, and I'm tanking like crazy before I enter so I can get up to the top 20 or so without needing to shield at all. I did the same before last Elite tournament, and was competitive for third place up until 10 hours before the end when I put up a shield that was bugged, and got hit for like 200 points while I was on my lunch break (I play on my laptop).
  • I think this is the perfect tourney to implement a few progression rewards not connected to tourney score.
    You wouldn't want slot just a few benchmarks with a little added bonus.

5k points earned - 1500 ISO
    10k points earned - 3* cover token
    25k points earned- 5k ISO.

Point amounts and rewards could be totally different but you can see what I mean from that.
    Point loss for ranking purposes wouldn't effect progression. A few people have mentioned the idea. I just think this is the best platform for it.
  • I'm taking same tact as walkyourpath, battle enough to stay in top 20 for days 1-5, then start the ascent for a two day shield and push. As long as you close out retaliations, not too hard to climb in the early going. Hopefully I can maintain my composure this time around when it gets rocky at the top.

Need to fill out villains and I want covers for respec.

And after toiling on sims all week, it's nice to compete against quality competition instead of newbie grinders.
  • I skipped the Avengers Elite, because of the roster limitations. I played last NHB Elite. This is my experience.
    Only top 3 get the good stuff. Low top 100 if accomplished with minimal shielding may end with some gain (if you consider 2* tokens worth anything). Everyone else loses resources.

The lack of progression rewards and the entry price make this event the most unrewarding, except if you can make into this top 3.
    I mean, any 60 hour pvp event will get you much more, with much less effort. Pass.

Last time I ended top 100. DEFINITELY not worth the effort.

Good luck for those aiming to top 3. Most likely the "skip bonus" will hit before the end of the event, and your ISO balance will sink more than any Titanic icon_lol.gif
  • Il Palazzo wrote:

Good luck for those aiming to top 3. Most likely the "skip bonus" will hit before the end of the event, and your ISO balance will sink more than any Titanic icon_lol.gif

Probably, but even if you land Top 100 you'll get it all back and then some. But you're right - if you're not aiming for Top 3, probably not worth it.
    bahukma wrote:
    I'm playing this one, as I still need plenty of villain covers, DD, Psylocke, and X-Force. But the 6 day duration is a bit absurd. I see people burning shields at a crazy rate already, which is a massive waste of HP - the real time to start shielding will be 2-3 days out from the end. Going to ninja around the #11-#50 range until then (#32 now)and then push to minimize HP spend.

Best of luck, man. I'm rooting for you.

Thanks! Love the forum crowd! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Like most tourneys, it gets most interesting near the end for me.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    I skipped the Avengers Elite, because of the roster limitations. I played last NHB Elite. This is my experience.
    Only top 3 get the good stuff. Low top 100 if accomplished with minimal shielding may end with some gain (if you consider 2* tokens worth anything). Everyone else loses resources.

The lack of progression rewards and the entry price make this event the most unrewarding, except if you can make into this top 3.
    I mean, any 60 hour pvp event will get you much more, with much less effort. Pass.

Last time I ended top 100. DEFINITELY not worth the effort.

I think the general consensus is that this tourney is kind of dumb right now, so it's best to vote by not participating. They can do 2 days over the weekend rather than keep on experimenting what makes them the most money. I have decided to step back from this game in general, as I was playing daily and it was affecting other areas of my life. Only PVE and 2 day tourneys will get my participation from now on. The skip bonus, possibility of halfway nerfs, etc, is too much noise to even plan out. If I already had a maxed roster sure, I would participate, but I think for people even at lvl 100, it's not worth the time (considering the lack of progresison rewards)
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Il Palazzo wrote:
    "skip bonus" will hit before the end of the event, and your ISO balance will sink more than any Titanic icon_lol.gif
    I see what you did there. I'm glad you know whats up. icon_cool.gif
  • I'm taking same tact as walkyourpath, battle enough to stay in top 20 for days 1-5, then start the ascent for a two day shield and push. As long as you close out retaliations, not too hard to climb in the early going. Hopefully I can maintain my composure this time around when it gets rocky at the top.

Need to fill out villains and I want covers for respec.

And after toiling on sims all week, it's nice to compete against quality competition instead of newbie grinders.

You guys have fun, I'm sitting this one out. I still haven't mentally recovered from the last bout icon_e_wink.gif I'll probably enter late and shoot for a low tier price just for kicks.

At least you won't have to worry about the "N"'s this time! I'll be rooting for you guys!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some iso progression awards would go a long way in getting people to enter this event.