No interest in new Elite tournament?

Options

Comments

• I'm a mid level player with little need of any 2* covers, so this tournament is not for me unfortunately.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    I'm a mid level player with little need of any 2* covers, so this tournament is not for me unfortunately.
    I got my final 2* today (have collected every available character) which happened to be a purple bag-man. There's still the chance that the heroic tokens will return 3*/4* characters that I still need so I'll probably take part and try to get at least 3 tokens & some HP/iso. The only 3* tokens I need now are 7 BWGS, 1 DareDevil, 8 IM40 & 3 Hulk tokens. For 4* tokens I still need 4 IW & 5 Wolv X-Force.
  • Honestly I'm sitting this one out. There are enough interesting events going on to keep me locked in without this very blatant attempt to get people to spend money on shields. I'm normally not this negative and cynical about the business of the game but this being a week long is pretty much rubbing it in our faces.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    SirKopath wrote:
    I'm a mid level player with little need of any 2* covers, so this tournament is not for me unfortunately.

Ditto; all I'm missing is 2* Magneto covers plus a couple I'm eyeing for respecs, so an heroic token is basically 300 HP for 125 ISO. icon_rolleyes.gif

It's nice for those who are really competing for it that the past winner gets a shout-out, though.
  • I've been debating entering, but I wonder if as a mid-low level player I'd rank high enough to get something out of it...Finish top 100 get your entry back and then some sounds tempting and I've got plenty of 2* and up covers I need so even a top 1000 finish would likely get me some covers I need, but right now I'm mostly rocking a 2* team with AWolv and Thor at 61 being my go to guys. Not sure if that would be enough to get me in that top 1000. What is your guys experience from the last one?
  • I'm suffering from a one-two combo of burn-out from the Sims (I'm a lock-in for top 50, making a push for top 10), and too much concurrency.

The Sims, lightning rounds, DD round now Magento round, now NHB Elite. Far too much at the same time, turning this game into a time sinkhole (and obv, money sinkhole the Devs wish it to be) I don't think it was ever intended to be at the start.

I realised today the most fun I've had in this game was when I was a noob, and I had the whole Prologue to complete. I could pick it up now and again, complete a few levels, and maybe go back for rewards on ones I'd already got past. It was a casual distraction, and every now and again a day long PVP or a Lightning would come along, and I could commit to that.

Simulator is about as far away from that as I can get, and I'm not enjoying it. I feel I've sunk enough time into it that I have to see it through, and that's an awful way to feel about any game. Once Simulator is finished I'll be taking a break - I'm fed up with this game demanding hours per day to stay 'current' or competitive.
  • Is it MMR or rubber banding or a mix of both sometimes i get opponents worth 1 rating and sometimes i get opponents worth 19 i don't know what's going on
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    allorin wrote:
    I'm suffering from a one-two combo of burn-out from the Sims (I'm a lock-in for top 50, making a push for top 10), and too much concurrency.

The Sims, lightning rounds, DD round now Magento round, now NHB Elite. Far too much at the same time, turning this game into a time sinkhole (and obv, money sinkhole the Devs wish it to be) I don't think it was ever intended to be at the start.

I realised today the most fun I've had in this game was when I was a noob, and I had the whole Prologue to complete. I could pick it up now and again, complete a few levels, and maybe go back for rewards on ones I'd already got past. It was a casual distraction, and every now and again a day long PVP or a Lightning would come along, and I could commit to that.

Simulator is about as far away from that as I can get, and I'm not enjoying it. I feel I've sunk enough time into it that I have to see it through, and that's an awful way to feel about any game. Once Simulator is finished I'll be taking a break - I'm fed up with this game demanding hours per day to stay 'current' or competitive.

I think an important thing to note is that you don't have to do all of these events! Try skipping some and you probably won't be as burned out.
  • allorin wrote:
    I'm suffering from a one-two combo of burn-out from the Sims (I'm a lock-in for top 50, making a push for top 10), and too much concurrency.

I think an important thing to note is that you don't have to do all of these events! Try skipping some and you probably won't be as burned out.

NorthernPolarity is already playing the mental game! He's trying to dissuade as many competitors as possible. I see right through you!
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I don't feel that I have a roster capable of competing in this event. I have a 105 Spidey, a 103 GSBW, and a few characters in the 80's and high 70's. I don't want to continually waste HP on Shields either.

To those that do enter, Good Luck.
  • Exitium wrote:
    Is it MMR or rubber banding or a mix of both sometimes i get opponents worth 1 rating and sometimes i get opponents worth 19 i don't know what's going on

Anyone is fair game. If you're near the top you'll have to keep an eye out for those above and around you so when they unshield you can queue them up in an available node.
  • I don't feel that I have a roster capable of competing in this event. I have a 105 Spidey, a 103 GSBW, and a few characters in the 80's and high 70's. I don't want to continually waste HP on Shields either.

To those that do enter, Good Luck.

You can probably make top 100 with some effort. If you don't use boosts or buy heal packs you'll probably be happy with the outcome.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    allorin wrote:

NorthernPolarity is already playing the mental game! He's trying to dissuade as many competitors as possible. I see right through you!

Hah! I think you're right, RangoFett. icon_lol.gif

Northern, I'm not playing them all. Only the Sims. But grinding that for 8 days plus so far has not been 'fun', and is why I'm not playing any of the others. Though I got the Blue M Mags, just cos I could...
  • Can't believe how much shielding there is going on this early in the tourney.

You people realize there are still 4 days to go?

Gonna to be fun passing all these premature shielders this weekend.
  • Can't believe how much shielding there is going on this early in the tourney.

You people realize there are still 4 days to go?

Gonna to be fun passing all these premature shielders this weekend.

Actually, I started my climb+shields today even though I had planned to wait because the gap between Top 3 and the field is growing way sooner than the last event. They're unshielding and hitting each other, meaning they're still getting solid point gains for their matches. I'm in 5th and still 250 points behind Josemartins. Given that I'll only get good points if one of them unshields, it's going to take me the next day or so just to close that gap now. If you're serious about Top 3, I wouldn't hold out much longer. If you're aiming for Top 100, you've got plenty of time to wait.

On that note, if the next Elite tourney has this duration, I won't be playing it.
  • Yeah, I didn't think we'd be shield breaking at this point. I'm just going to try and get top 30 with as few shields possible.

Also going to AC this weekend, missing two days in this tourney is too much to overcome.
  • Ok so it is hilarious to me that this is like the only thread for the elite tourney and so few people care they don't even wanna talk about how little they care. Lmao!

On a side note, josemartins needs to change his I'd to "boughtDUWillaPorsche"
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How is doombot in second with that roster?
  • Thanos wrote:
    How is doombot in second with that roster?

With OBW / Thor / ares he shouldn't have many problems on offense and may even ward off the occasional mid level competitor. He's gonna have to spend a lot and not make many mistakes too stay competitive though.
  • I'm going to enter the ring tonight, see how far I can get without shielding. If the top three seems unattainable, then I'll keep shielding to a minimum and hope for a top 30. if it seems attainable, then I'll go for it.