Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom: FIGH---oh, he died.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• PeterGibbons316
    Options
    At least 10 people finished in my bracket. With 8 hours left only 5 had completed it.

I'm not real happy about having to level my Mr. F to 166 (1/4/4) to finish, but the LT gave me a much needed Iceman token, so I'm happy.

This was the hardest one yet for me, took me probably 25 tries.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did it, RR 4/2/4 190 lvl, after more than 20 tries, with my last health pack and just 10 minutes to end, I did it. I had a good board, ai could deny all purple, no lucky cascades for him, he just fired Demons, and I could match the red tiles fast and I managed a big cascade with imaginaut out. I just needed to spend like 100k iso to bring RR from 90 to 190, and like 600 HP buying match damage boosts. Really epic :s

That has been easily the most annoying experience I ve had in this game, and one of the worst in my whole life as a videogamer. In my sub I can certify just 11 people beat the challenge (I know because I was the last one, just minutes before it closed). How can devs think this is fun or fair, how?!?!? This is two levels above hard!

Ps: When I get a IW from the token I will be delighted :_(
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I went to sleep last night around midnight EST the number of people in my bracket with over 15K had grown by a whopping 50% -- that's right, a total of three people won!
  • Polares wrote:
    I did it, RR 4/2/4 190 lvl, after more than 20 tries, with my last health pack and just 10 minutes to end, I did it. I had a good board, ai could deny all purple, no lucky cascades for him, he just fired Demons, and I could match the red tiles fast and I managed a big cascade with imaginaut out. I just needed to spend like 100k iso to bring RR from 90 to 190, and like 600 HP buying match damage boosts. Really epic :s

That has been easily the most annoying experience I ve had in this game, and one of the worst in my whole life as a videogamer. In my sub I can certify just 11 people beat the challenge (I know because I was the last one, just minutes before it closed). How can devs think this is fun or fair, how?!?!? This is two levels above hard!

Ps: When I get a IW from the token I will be delighted :_(

For this reason I did not try in some DDQ 4 *. It's too much effort, time, loss of iso8.png and imcoin.png for nothing.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think 8 people in my bracket beat him. Talking to another vet, four in his bracket beat it.

Ridiculous.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I want a refund of the ISO I spent leveling this garbage
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder how many perfect records were wrecked by this one?
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did eventually beat it. Took a lot of work, but eventually managed to get lucky and get a cascade that powered me up with a lot of blue AP and Imaginaut hits. I still think that skill needs a significant boost of some sort. It'd make Reed far more useful. Could even be a random: matches of those three colors do one of the following: Generate AP/Create a tile (which would really help Reed's healing)/Boost the strength of a tile. Might fit a little more too.

Anyway, saw only two people beat the thing in my bracket. This was with about 4 hours to go. 2. The other guy had a 5/3/5 at level 220 or so.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only 4 or 5 people won the fight in my bracket and I only tried once with my 2/2/0 Mr.F just for "fun"

Spoiler:
    It was not fun.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guys just edit every post in this thread until they make his black into a 4 star version of 2 star black widow, then he might be useful.

He essentially has a worse version of her black, it doesn't steal AP and uses a countdown.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    I wonder how many perfect records were wrecked by this one?
    Mine was. I beat Capt Marvel with my 4/3/1 FalCap but didn't even attempt Doom with my 1/2/2 Fantastic. Just wasn't worth the aggravation.
  • Whub Whubz
    Options
    Well I lost as many times as spare healthpacks allowed thru the day, hope that helped the you are suppose to lose quota..
  • Monged4life
    Options
    You'd think these things would be a great way to see which 4*s need balancing.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Except a lot of 4*s would have lost to a level 270 Doom. Even some of the better ones if they were undercovered. The problem was matching up a terrible 4* with no offense against a 1v1 powerhouse.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:

Except a lot of 4*s would have lost to a level 270 Doom. Even some of the better ones if they were undercovered. The problem was matching up a terrible 4* with no offense against a 1v1 powerhouse.

Ant man might have been an interesting opponent.