Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom: FIGH---oh, he died.

Options

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thought my 2/3/4 level 145 might have a shot (finished with all my other 145s) but considering things again, this might be really rough against a 270....anything.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    thought my 2/3/4 level 145 might have a shot (finished with all my other 145s) but considering things again, this might be really rough against a 270....anything.
    It's pretty sadistic to make us fight a lv270 character with a character who literally has no offense. Not to mention the fact that your only chance of winning is a long match via collecting blue, throwing out protects and hoping for heals... and the opponent has a cheap power that kills all blues from the board.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No offence is really going to break this, even maxed (lol) he does match damage or match damage + doodad
  • vaportrail
    vaportrail Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    God, I just hope it's not doom. His purple would just murder you. So it's probably Dr. Doom.

I'm torn on putting ISO into him, even though he's decently covered at 2/5/4 just so I can do this event. I'll probably just hoard ISO until we see who he's paired up against and then decide. I didn't feel too bad about pumping up my JG last time since she's actually a good character but I did skip Falcap due to only having 1 red cover.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Mr. F(you) is 95 3/4/2, neither of which I could have told you without looking. I also could not have told you what any of his abilities were without looking. I only have maybe 4 or 5 4* characters with more covers than him and I can't even be bothered to find out what he does.

Edit: I just looked at exactly what 3/4/2 gets me and had a good laugh. People in this thread talking about 270 Yelena. This guy couldn't beat a 166.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started writing up a huge deconstruction about how and why characters with 2 active powers have a harder time in DDQ than those that don't. Does it matter? It's not as though there's a group of people who are under the delusion that MrF is a strong character.

He's only got two active powers, which puts him at a disadvantage already.
    Both powers are designed to support team mates.

I feel like anything less than 5/0/5 is going to be annihilated by Doom; I guess we should be thankful that at least there's no enemy team up?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be hilarious if they gave this match up a twist and put a flaptain with ZERO red covers up against Mr F.

I'm picturing a really bad slap fight. Who can bore the other to death first?

Bc7vgDpZ0jRYs.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 160 3/2/5 might stand a chance. Might be willing to take him to 200, if I think it might help. Regret not hitting that 1k for his blue last season. 2 turn stun would be nice.

If vs Doom, my strategy

-Deny purple
    -Collect blue over black, so I can stun/create protect tiles. If he matches my protects, I heal. Black will be more abundant when he casts his blue.
    -Cast black one at a time, because I don't think multiples mean multiple damage. Could be wrong about that.
  • lukewin wrote:
    My 160 3/2/5 might stand a chance. Might be willing to take him to 200, if I think it might help. Regret not hitting that 1k for his blue last season. 2 turn stun would be nice.

If vs Doom, my strategy

-Deny purple
    -Collect blue over black, so I can stun/create protect tiles. If he matches my protects, I heal. Black will be more abundant when he casts his blue.
    -Cast black one at a time, because I don't think multiples mean multiple damage. Could be wrong about that.

^This is what I was going to do. However, his boosted attack tiles may also be the death of you. Might have to actively deny black as well.. And since his blue creates blacks, so kinda sorta shoulda somehow deny blue as well (I think).

Sigh. This is gonna be a pain in the tinykitty. I wonder if my 252 can make a difference in his DDQ.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    It's pretty sadistic to make us fight a lv270 character with a character who literally has no offense. Not to mention the fact that your only chance of winning is a long match via collecting blue, throwing out protects and hoping for heals... and the opponent has a cheap power that kills all blues from the board.
    I don't think Technopathic Strike gets rid of blue protect tiles so that might help a little bit. It's still a race to get blue though.
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    another nice way to say FU customer when the only maxed skill you have is the one that is useless in 1vs1 icon_e_wink.gif
  • MrMadeULook
    Options
    Pretty sure my 1/0/0 Mr. F will have no chance at this lol
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    1/4/4 - will be tough because Mr. Fantastic is garbage, but I'm sure I'll get it done.

Would be nice if the devs gave us an "Sorry the last couple were ridiculous, here's a 3* Sam Wilson for you to beat up on."
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I vote no for falcon - redwing and buffed protects don't sound fun to me. if they really want to throw us a bone, bagman works. he can extend our imaginaut cd for us icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Yeah, Falcon would not be super easy now that I think about it - except that fighting against support characters is generally easier than other more offensive characters.

Either way, it would be nice to finally get a pretty easy matchup.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/3/1, just like 2/2/0 falcap I won't bother on it.

It says a lot that my only chances of the newer 4*'s are RHulk and Cyc....characters where it wasn't as difficult to come out of their PVE with a 1/1/1 to start out with. X23/GR/Iceman - no shot for me.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    you-guys-are-so-bad-im-not-even-gonna-kill-ya.jpg
    I enjoyed this sequence, but he could have just blasted them in less time than he took to deliver that rant
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

This totally feels like what the devs are saying to the players, especially for the Galactus event

With luck, this'll be Doom's reaction and you'll win the LT by forfeit.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

This totally feels like what the devs are saying to the players, especially for the Galactus event

There's countdown tile that starts and if you can't do more than 3000 damage by the time it goes off, DOOM LEAVES IN DISGUST.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

There's countdown tile that starts and if you can't do more than 3000 damage by the time it goes off, DOOM LEAVES IN DISGUST.

ALL the upvotes to you, sir.