Mr. Fantastic vs. Doom: FIGH---oh, he died.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    14 tries throughout my day with a 2/2/5 135 Mr.F

Never expected to win, and had almost retreated on the very match I beat him. Somehow ended up with 60 health, 4 or 5 shields, black tile out, and doom with 3k left. Victory screen had me at 52 health. It was the only match of 14 where his colors didn't tumble down from heaven whenever he needed them.

I just checked my leaderboard a few minutes ago and saw that you were one of the four who beat it. The other three all had more covers and levels than yours. It's cool that you just happened to come in and explain how lucky you got right after I was just wondering how you got so lucky. icon_cool.gif
  • florida92 wrote:
    This is the 6:45 PM EST update of the news. 0 MPQ players have been able to beat Dr. Doom in the current bracket. Can anyone beat Doom or are we all set for doom? Details at 11.

No one defeat Doom!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSS4X_9VNT1g47Oe2NfTnZ4HtfyFNA7OL371P6_0Z4SSKO50LEYw
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    As of 7:45pm EST, , after more than 12 hours of Lativarian dictatorship, only 8 people in my bracket have defeated Doom. Even Lord Doom has grown reportedly bored and gone to work on the Vicious Cycle PVP event.

"That Penance Stare is cheap," the monomaniacal madman was quoted as saying. "Even the loaner can turn the tide if left untouched until the end. The loaner!"

Then, in a lower voice, "Is that Richards fellow still hanging around and staring at us? I swear, old college buddies... I only talked to him because his woman was fetching but she only had eyes for sea-men, if you know what I mean? Atlantians, am I right?"
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 people in my bracket

I almost had him twice, one time he was at 300 life. It's so annoying when you are controlling everything and then in the next row of tiles that fall after your move, you see Doom will be able to do a purple match-4...

Well, I will try again tomorrow morning before the refresh. Right now I hate devs A LOT. Really thinking in stop playing this ****, really tired of the "you have to lose" ****, and more tired of devs not addressing all these problems in DDQ4. It is incredible how easy it is to turn something everybody loved ( DDQ ) into something everybody hates.

And again I have to question, do devs test their game or they just blindly upload things and hope for the best?!? I think I know the answer...
  • Polares wrote:
    7 people in my bracket

I almost had him twice, one time he was at 300 life. It's so annoying when you are controlling everything and then in the next row of tiles that fall after your move, you see Doom will be able to do a purple match-4...

Well, I will try again tomorrow morning before the refresh. Right now I hate devs A LOT. Really thinking in stop playing this tinykitty, really tired of the "you have to lose" tinykitty, and more tired of devs not addressing all these problems in DDQ4. It is incredible how easy it is to turn something everybody loved ( DDQ ) into something everybody hates.

And again I have to question, do devs test their game or they just blindly upload things and hope for the best?!? I think I know the answer...

I think they do, however I think it has something to do with legendaries. Since CP has been introduced, the fights have increased in difficulty. I don't know if it's just a coincidence but the amount of legendaries has probably skyrocketed. i believe they are trying to control the number awarded.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Came so close with my 3/4/1 icon_cry.gif
    I wasted many boosts trying again but never got as far.

0tTsf3J.jpg?181EqdWB.jpg?1
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bracket is up to 8 whole winners after the event being active for almost 14 hours!

I'm not asking for the devs to give everyone a LT, but 3 CP and an apology would be appreciated.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Noob joined ddq a few hours after it started. Currently, noob's bracket stands at 0% success in the top 10. That's a first time I've seen something like this.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    No one player in my bracket is over 15k. I joined a bit before 7am central. Of course, there may be some who only did the 4* node, but I'd assume they'd at least hit the taco nodes.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Not only is my FF undercovered, ( 2/1/3), but Doom is getting IMMACULATE boards. No less than 3 match 5s in every single match I've played, and that doesn't take Technopathic Strikes into account.

I can see how a win is theoretically possible, but I'm basically only playing because I've done my PVE clears and finished up the Loki PVP so I have nothing to do with my health packs. It's basically hopeless without a miracle board in my favor.

Ditto Aramis. Spent 6-7 packs this morning Burned all 10 health packs again just now. Then actually played DDQ, get 15k and see one person on the leaderboard did it.
    One more before bed, I thought, and even brought a stockpile +1 boost.

Ended up winning with almost full health. Game gave me all of his purple lined up for match-5s after Doom got to 10, and I cascaded and match-5ed to victory.

Absolute luck. But I did it.
    Refuse to open this token now because I don't want to know what the toil was for... And be disappointed in my 25th Elektra.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    So far only one person in my bracket has beaten Doom. 1/3/4 lv 169. I joined DDQ 4 hours after it became available so no way this is a new bracket.

So.... Working as intended? We were supposed to lose? icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_confused.gificon_cry.gif
  • I tried it again but without imaginaut its impossible. I hate this game so much at times and one of those is now. Probably gonna sell him too, wastes a roster spot
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Up to about 40 attempts now with 3/3/4, 180. Closest I've come is 2k.

It rains purple, every time.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finally got it with my lvl 140 5/2/5 with all three 50% damage boost to two colours. Came close several times (less than 1k health left) so that kept me trying. Expected a nice reward but no, the cover was 1 of 6 I had already maxed. Almost 60 other covers I could have needed. So stupid.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Made it with my 3/1/2 reed! Needed every heal and stun and was loaded up on match damage boosts, but I barely got doom.

"Richarrrrrrrds!!!" D:
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if I'm happy or angry that people with similar or worse builds have cleared this shitshow. I've got a 3/2/3 soft-capped MF'er and I have only come as close as 3k to winning after about 25 attempts. I've wasted over 70k leveling his worthless **** and paying for boosts. He sucks. SUCKS. >:(
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    As of 7:45pm EST, , after more than 12 hours of Lativarian dictatorship, only 8 people in my bracket have defeated Doom. Even Lord Doom has grown reportedly bored and gone to work on the Vicious Cycle PVP event.

"That Penance Stare is cheap," the monomaniacal madman was quoted as saying. "Even the loaner can turn the tide if left untouched until the end. The loaner!"

Then, in a lower voice, "Is that Richards fellow still hanging around and staring at us? I swear, old college buddies... I only talked to him because his woman was fetching but she only had eyes for sea-men, if you know what I mean? Atlantians, am I right?"

I like how he gets all old-timey there in the last graf. Doom hopes to Make Latveria Great Again.
  • Acratin
    Acratin Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    5/2/5 Mr. Fantastic here, L185. I've spent about 15 health packs today and still haven't beaten Doom. He just one-shots with his purpleflag.png every single time. Nearly so, anyway. I've seen about 400 health at the lowest. It is maddening. Mr. Fantastic needs a boost. His black has potential, but is too weak in the current form. Maybe if it did damage and generated blue AP with each match, or just did more significant damage.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5 - level 216

Was at about full life, had him down to about 5k, he then hit me with purple and got me down to a little over 3k, had a stun saved up so managed to get him down

Beat it thanks to an insanely good board, had about 6 match 5s total, quite a bit of cascade luck as well while my black countdown was out

I understand everyone's frustration, this fight is total ****, Doom at 270 is better than half the 4*s
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    I did not take my own advice to let it go. Spent hp on dmg boosts until I got a lucky board and got up to #14 in my bracket.

This was as delightful an experience as Galactus 1 was. I can't imagine any more enjoyable way to pass the time. Definitely the sort of thing that will keep me playing this game for a long time.

... yeah, right.

I'm not opening this token, I don't want to know what wonderful thing my efforts has won me.