Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• Looks like I will be playing Prologue to heal myself and save health packs for the last hour or so. Gonna be a grind with no Spidy or OBW to use in tournament.
  • Twysta wrote:
    It does seem like people are underestimating other teams a lot, I've got a couple of wins (albeit a couple of losses too) - or maybe it's just the absence of having a healer.

The Hood is the key icon_e_smile.gif I play with the same team. Hood100/Ares65/loki40 nice combo for all the dakens & co icon_e_biggrin.gif I see you in my mmr, but i dont att you icon_e_wink.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha I was using Hood, Magneto and Ares to start with. Just kind of switching between Magneto and Loki.
    I've seen you come up a few times in the past couple of tournies but not seen you in this one
  • Twysta wrote:
    Haha I was using Hood, Magneto and Ares to start with. Just kind of switching between Magneto and Loki.
    I've seen you come up a few times in the past couple of tournies but not seen you in this one

ive seen you very often in my mmr....lr,double shot & now...everywhere there was only twysta to see icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I've gotten over 600 points, and there's only two people worth 20 points and I've already hit them once or twice each

Everybody earn more points pls, Rags/Mags/Daken are hungry

Walkyourpath, how is Rags/Ares working? I didn't think the overlap would work, and my Ares is 60 while my Rags is 104, so I couldn't justify using Ares instead
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I've gotten over 600 points, and there's only two people worth 20 points and I've already hit them once or twice each

Everybody earn more points pls, Rags/Mags/Daken are hungry

Walkyourpath, how is Rags/Ares working? I didn't think the overlap would work, and my Ares is 60 while my Rags is 104, so I couldn't justify using Ares instead

So far, so good. Rag/Ares/Doom - Sitting at 3rd waiting for health pack regen right now. Ares brings a strong yellow into the mix, and Rags feeds green (annoying against Daken, but good for steady onslaughts).

Rags is there mostly to soak damage while I get Doom spun up to 12 black. Once I fill up the red tiles with demons, then I start pushing green for killing blows without worrying about Daken drowning me in strike tiles). I like the combo and I've won a fair number of defenses - the higher health I can get on the field, the better. This tourney is a war of attrition. I may level Rags a bit more to see if I can get him to tank green for Ares. That would mean I could keep him healthy and save health packs for Doom/Rags instead of all 3 to extend playtime.
  • I'm running a 115 Rags, 100 Doom, and 100 Hood. So far so good. I've even won a few on DEF too. icon_cool.gif

I have only been avoiding team with high level Hoods.

I'll gun for a top 10, but i'll be fine with a top 45 as i'm still missing a purple DD cover.

Good luck in this slug fest fellas.

marc
  • You can just take your injuried villians to the easy PvE nodes in the Simulator. Sure it takes longer but it's killing two birds with one stone. Some of those missions are pretty much freebies, like all the pure goons battle and probably the X-Force Wolverine one too.

I'm actually leaving Ares at 40% on purpose so I can try to do a Sunder into Rampage double damage combo.

Daken and Ares seem to be more than capable of holding their own against 3* villians in an enviornment without Spiderman. That is, normally the 3* are better because you got Spiderman buying time to do your fancy stuff. But without any kind of stun/healing, the immediate damage done by those two can easily knock out a 3* before they have enough AP to do anything. Onslaught, in particular, is pretty deadly because only Ragnarok and Ares have green powers at all in the available roster, and you're not really that worried about Ragnarok's green, so if they don't have Ares, Onslaught has really no drawback.
  • This event is kinda confusing me. It doesn't say the max number of participants for me, as well as I'm fighting people who have higher points than me but not in my bracket. I just hope I'm not glitched or something.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Selvaria wrote:
    I'm fighting people who have higher points than me but not in my bracket. I just hope I'm not glitched or something.

Nah, that's part of the game.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Selvaria wrote:
    I'm fighting people who have higher points than me but not in my bracket. I just hope I'm not glitched or something.

Oh ok then, was scared for a bit since I haven't been attacked since the first day.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Selvaria wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Selvaria wrote:

Oh ok then, was scared for a bit since I haven't been attacked since the first day.

Well...there are other possible reasons for that. A certain subset of people can't be attacked.
  • Aggression seems to be way down in general in this tournament. I think that's actually a good thing.
  • I only started this morning, but I haven't been attacked once (I'm at 400+ points). That being said, I seem to have one of the stronger teams in my mmr band, judging by who I'm getting matched against (I'm running 75 Ares, 66 Rags, 64 Doom), and people might be avoiding me.
  • There are probably a lot of people in my situation: stuck with a 2* team and not really competitive. My MMR is based off of me usually having access to the Avenger side of my roster, but I've never really been an active Lightning Rounder and thus have limited access to 3* villains. Grateful to have the simulator available; if this were the only event this weekend I would have to do stuff in real life.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I only started this morning, but I haven't been attacked once (I'm at 400+ points). That being said, I seem to have one of the stronger teams in my mmr band, judging by who I'm getting matched against (I'm running 75 Ares, 66 Rags, 64 Doom), and people might be avoiding me.

Right now there's this kind of standoff phase. People can still take your team, but without Spiderman you don't have a consistent way of fighting continously. Several of the villian characters are also likely your go-to guys in the current PvE event (Magneto, Moonstone, Daken). So you don't really want to get into pointless attrition wars if you're in a good position and not shooting for a particular progression reward. My team of 99 Mag/85 Moonstone/85 Ares got attacked quite a few times once I went above 400.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Aggression seems to be way down in general in this tournament. I think that's actually a good thing.
    Probably because there is no OBW, Spidey or maxed out C.storm/IM35/juggs to heal/defend/bait and generally muck up the system. and then there's max Thor and the occasional wolverine out as well. Matchups have been very bipolar but at least its free of the same repetitive team variations.

and i'm sure there's some top tier 2 and 3 stars im not even aware of yet that are out. (hulk? i wouldn't know, i rarely see him in my mmr pulls). I hope they are using this as test data to buff some of these lesser used villain characters.
  • I don't have any good guys for this. I'm trying to tank but nobody is attacking me...
  • Microtom wrote:
    I don't have any good guys for this. I'm trying to tank but nobody is attacking me...

Most of the teams are pretty weak out there, so nobody wants to risk attacking and be down 3 health packs.
  • I feel horrible right now because I just attacked akboyce 4 times as he's giving me 25 points but everyone else is like giving me 18 points or so at super high level. I put in my tank team last night but only 6 people attacked me and I only lost 50 points only. I can't tank anymore because I can't find tank teams to fight against. I'm using 69 1/1/5 Magneto, 85 4/4/5 Ares and 69 Daken. I have a 89 5/3 Doom but he doesn't fit too well somehow.

Any pro tips on how to tank MMR or anything helpful in general? Thanks.

Alminahz