Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75

I'd say Ares Hood and then roll a dice between Rag/Doom. Magneto just seems pretty useless in defense since the AI literally has no idea how to use him.

I've been using rags / hood / doom.

Doom has been my primary damage dealer. So you think 75 ares > 115 rags for defense?

Rags has nearly doubly health but ares does a lot more damage.

My experience is that people who depend on only one color tend to be easily shut down by a player on defense. Magneto is basically purple only (AI has no idea how to use his blue/red) and Doom is black only. I guess you got The Hood as battery in general but the Hood also has no real good attacks so with the party, if they shut you off on black you'd be relatively harmless. Ares has 3 colors he can attack and all of them do good damage. You don't have to worry like say Doom collect a bunch of blue and then Technopathetic Strike with 3 blue tiles left.

I mean, just watch the AI plays when you attack those characters. They can easily get stuck on dead colors. Ares gives you 3 outlets which is better than 1 (Doom) and The Hood alread limits you to one color. Also remember The Hood and Doom doens't synergize well. You probably will end up using Intimidation instead of Summon Demons most of the time when they're both present.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75

I'd say Ares Hood and then roll a dice between Rag/Doom. Magneto just seems pretty useless in defense since the AI literally has no idea how to use him.

I've been using rags / hood / doom.

Doom has been my primary damage dealer. So you think 75 ares > 115 rags for defense?

Rags has nearly doubly health but ares does a lot more damage.

My experience is that people who depend on only one color tend to be easily shut down by a player on defense. Magneto is basically purple only (AI has no idea how to use his blue/red) and Doom is black only. I guess you got The Hood as battery in general but the Hood also has no real good attacks so with the party, if they shut you off on black you'd be relatively harmless. Ares has 3 colors he can attack and all of them do good damage. You don't have to worry like say Doom collect a bunch of blue and then Technopathetic Strike with 3 blue tiles left.

I mean, just watch the AI plays when you attack those characters. They can easily get stuck on dead colors. Ares gives you 3 outlets which is better than 1 (Doom) and The Hood alread limits you to one color. Also remember The Hood and Doom doens't synergize well. You probably will end up using Intimidation instead of Summon Demons most of the time when they're both present.

I never use intimidation.

I think you do have a valid point on ares > rags though.

Green / yellow / red / black

Is better than

Red / black.

• I never use intimidation.

Is better than

Red / black.

You're talking about defense, right? The AI will use Intimidation over Summon Demons because it's cheaper most of the time. Come to think of it, that makes The Hood and Dr. Doom a pretty bad combo for defense because if Dr. Doom can't summon demons, he's really got no point to be there. Ragnarok also conflicts with Ares on color but I think the conflict isn't as bad as The Hood + Dr. Doom.
  • Phantron wrote:

I never use intimidation.

Is better than

Red / black.

You're talking about defense, right? The AI will use Intimidation over Summon Demons because it's cheaper most of the time. Come to think of it, that makes The Hood and Dr. Doom a pretty bad combo for defense because if Dr. Doom can't summon demons, he's really got no point to be there. Ragnarok also conflicts with Ares on color but I think the conflict isn't as bad as The Hood + Dr. Doom.

Ah that makes a lot more sense that way.

Ok so we've decide ares attack > rags health.
    We've got hood vs doom conflict. We have mags.

I'm seeing possible combos as:
    Ares / hood / mags
    Ares / rags / doom
    Rags / doom / mags
    Mags / doom / ares.
    Hood / rags / ares.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    USVwrky.jpg

this dude has 665 points.

How?
  • Guess moonstone Dakken ares + persistence + a low mmr = decent result.
  • Sitting in 2nd with 535 points for about 2 hours now, doesnt look like anything is changing. how very odd lol must be the lowest score i ever got to be in top 5. either everyone is asleep or they are still trying to beat those level 230's in Sim
  • Sitting in 2nd with 535 points for about 2 hours now, doesnt look like anything is changing. how very odd lol must be the lowest score i ever got to be in top 5. either everyone is asleep or they are still trying to beat those level 230's in Sim
    When did you join?

Currently getting repeatedly attacked by Brandubh with his 40 Yelena/20 Moonstone/15 Doom. Somehow he's winning matches in under a minute and has 700+ points.
    When did you join?

Currently getting repeatedly attacked by Brandubh with his 40 Yelena/20 Moonstone/15 Doom. Somehow he's winning matches in under a minute and has 700+ points.

I only ever join tournaments 6 hours before the end. Better chance to get rewards
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My turn to complain.

I was just overtaken by a person with 45 2/3/3 Moonstone 38 5/1 Daken and 25 5/4 Venom.

It is discouraging being beaten by someone with a roster so below mine and that no mater how many times I skip I will never be given a chance to attack this person. I think you should be able to attack anyone above you.
  • HIELD!Shielded an hour ago cuz I knew I'd be busy for a while and would rather use the 75 hp for peace of mind (albeit..the scores are LOOOWWWW. I think I've played maybe 10-12 matches for a top 5 rank..wow). I've had more defensive wins them loses. I mean...seriously.

Mybe next time they can do this event with actual good rewards instead of yellow iw (you only need 3...) and daredevil (no passive = no bueno). Would have liked to "actually" play it. I spent more time grinding just the last sub mission (iw/punisher one) than I did so far on this event lol. 6th is still bout 80 points back of my #3...hopefully. I don't have to push...but would I even really get attacked if I did?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SoullessOne: if you're here, I'm not gunning for first. I only want 3 yellow on my IM, and am not leveling her anytime soon, so don't worry about me!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Guess moonstone Dakken ares + persistence + a low mmr = decent result.

Nono, that's his ENTIRE roster.

He's gone now, so either he got knocked down below 566 (100 points) or he was cheating.
  • Been shielded at 765 for a while.
    2nd place has been at 725 almost as long.
    I have only had 1 retaliation against me and I won.
    Warmaker tempted fate at 733 but was knocked backed to 688 and is now shielded in 3rd.

Wondering if I should take this 27 point match I found and do 1 final shield or just wait it out and save the hp.

This game has improved tons as if late but I have been mourning for spidey in advance for weeks.

I have had a high storm c = nerf.
    I then maxed Thor.
    I then maxed rags = nerf.
    I then levelled spidey and mags.
    I then maxed wolvie = thorverine nerf.
    Mags will be nerfed = I will stand strong as I have done in all situations past.
    Spidey will be nerfed = my spirits may be crushed. R.I.P. Spidey. I'm gonna miss u.
  • Kelbris wrote:

That's all that person needs.

I can see that person succeeding on Ares's Sunder alone, with Photon Blast for icing on the cake with a low MMR. I try to keep my MMR as minimal as possible and relatively cruised up the low-mid bracket with just a 85 Ares and no Daken.

If you really want to see low scores, I just scored a top 75 for my girlfriend on her account, using only a 50 Daken, 10 Moonstone, and 6 Bullseye (lol defense tiles)... with 95 points grand total. (That's less than 100 - not a typo)

Ooooh.... CMags reward in Blind Justice just popped.... icon_eek.gif
  • Oh wow. Got 1st place while I was typing that. Yay IW cover.
  • Wow..I could have walked into first if I had actually cared. Wish it was a red or yellow xforce and not iw color or xforce green #billion....

Speaking of which...look what the at dragged in...green xforce for the blind tourney! Yay +.-
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

I can see that person succeeding on Ares's Sunder alone, with Photon Blast for icing on the cake with a low MMR. I try to keep my MMR as minimal as possible and relatively cruised up the low-mid bracket with just a 85 Ares and no Daken.

If you really want to see low scores, I just scored a top 75 for my girlfriend on her account, using only a 50 Daken, 10 Moonstone, and 6 Bullseye (lol defense tiles)... with 95 points grand total. (That's less than 100 - not a typo)

And blue is only top 45!! I've been a 1/3/5 forever. Consider the blue cover mine!!
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

And blue is only top 45!! I've been a 1/3/5 forever. Consider the blue cover mine!!

Just in time for him to be nerfed into the ragosphere! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Strolled into 3rd with the help of a defensive win +20 in the last 8 minutes at a total of 598, too bad did get to 600 but Ill take it.

85 Ares, 102 Hood, 30...Mags.

4/3/3 DD? I guess. 4/4/5 might be a thing. The guy doesn't impress me, feels like a waste of ISO to bring him up to a respectable level for these tourneys.

90% of the teams I faced has max Daken, it was a pleasure to not face him. But usually when they didn't have Daken it was three 100+ villains...skip.