Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options
News page glitch mentions the next tourney ahead of time.

Ranking Awards

1- Invisible Woman Yellow

2-5 Daredevil ALL
6-15 Daredevil Blue + Purple
16-45 Daredevil Purple

46-75 Astonishing Wolverine ALL
76-150 Astonishing Wolverine Yellow + Green
151-200 Astonishing Wolverine Green

Progression Awards

1400 Wolverine X-Force Green
1200 Loki Black
700 Moonstone Purple
300 Event Heroic Token (Ill-Gotten Gains)

Comments

• Sounds valentine-ie
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Villain-tine
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh boy, this would be a problem given that my highest level villain is 50... Who do you guys think I should pump my 27k iso into? I'm debating between Hood or Doom. Mags is somewhat the obvious pick but I can only get him to 66 max, which might not be as good as a level 80-100ish Hood/Doom. Probably should have participated in this Mags LR... I guess whoever I level can also do double-duty in the LRs, so thats nice. This actually isn't that easy of a choice: Moonstone/Daken would be good to have buffed in the PvE as well, so they are up for consideration.

5/5 L51 Doom
    5/5 L51 Rags
    5/5/1 L45 Hood
    5/5 L45 Daken
    4/1/2 L41 Mags (66 max)
    5/5/3 L31 Moonstone
    Loki, MN Mags, Bullseye whatever.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Oh boy, this would be a problem given that my highest level villain is 50... Who do you guys think I should pump my 27k iso into? I'm debating between Hood or Doom. Mags is somewhat the obvious pick but I can only get him to 66 max, which might not be as good as a level 80-100ish Hood/Doom. Probably should have participated in this Mags LR... I guess whoever I level can also do double-duty in the LRs, so thats nice. This actually isn't that easy of a choice: Moonstone/Daken would be good to have buffed in the PvE as well, so they are up for consideration.

5/5 L51 Doom
    5/5 L51 Rags
    5/5/1 L45 Hood
    5/5 L45 Daken
    4/1/2 L41 Mags (66 max)
    5/5/3 L31 Moonstone

Ignoring Mags due to the level cap, I would go with Dr. Doom. I absolutely love Summon Demons...and I only have mine at a level 50. I am jealous of anyone with a leveled Doom or Hood really...minus his low health, The Hood seems to be a very annoying character to deal with.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm wondering if two star magneto will count as a villain, or if he's too 'reformed.'
  • Clintman
    Options
    Wait and see if the rewards for the tourney are worth spending ISO on characters you don't use.

C Mag is on the block for nerfing and considering what they did to Rag there is no evidence to consider that he will even be usable after the nerf, so save your money there.

Hood is great and you can have a lot of fun with him, but having him higher level will not help you place really, having a high level Hood just helps with his suitability as his AP steal is not level dependent, his yellow is not a source of DPS as much as it is a AP generator and his black is lame damage even at high levels.
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    Wait and see if the rewards for the tourney are worth spending ISO on characters you don't use.

C Mag is on the block for nerfing and considering what they did to Rag there is no evidence to consider that he will even be usable after the nerf, so save your money there.

Hood is great and you can have a lot of fun with him, but having him higher level will not help you place really, having a high level Hood just helps with his suitability as his AP steal is not level dependent, his yellow is not a source of DPS as much as it is a AP generator and his black is lame damage even at high levels.

I think having a high level Hood would be a good deterrent since he's incredibly annoying to play against, but I probably need high level characters that actually do damage before he can take on that role. Good advice on the saving iso: I'll see what happens. It's looking like Doom at this point though.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hrm, sounds like a three day lightning round for which i am woefully ill equipped.
  • Clintman
    Options
    The hood isn't a real deterrent until around 125 for me at any rate, below that he is so quick to kill he is a free lunch.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Clint wrote:
    The hood isn't a real deterrent until around 125 for me at any rate, below that he is so quick to kill he is a free lunch.

Precisely

If you're gonna level Hood you gotta commit to it hard

Once I got mine to a certain level he seemed to become a big deterrent, and picked up some sneaky successful defenses. I think people underestimate him at higher levels

But with this guy's roster I'd level Doom
  • Ah thank you D3! You've helped me more than you know. Highest level villain is 55 loki, followed by 33 hood and 28 rags. Rest are basically at starter levels lol. So with people with lower mid-range characters having a seemingly easier time in pve (just looking at rosters ahead of me), it's really doesn't seem worth it to level anything past oh say 70 or so.

Events like this to promote a more diverse roster, guess I gotta start evening things out rather than sinking everything into 2-3 chars. Moonstone, you'll hit double digits soon!

Edit - Punisher's more of an anti-hero right?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Should I sink 5000HP bought with my hard earned cash on the Lightning round villain pack?
  • kensterr wrote:
    Should I sink 5000HP bought with my hard earned cash on the Lightning round villain pack?

Well, would 1 cover of each of the three stars make a difference at all? Keep in mind, a lvl 15 villain is practically worthless.

I wouldn't buy that pack unless you have 2-3 of the villains already with at least 6 covers. That's just my opinion.

Either way Moonstone, Ares and magneto marvel now would be a decent team.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kensterr wrote:

Well, would 1 cover of each of the three stars make a difference at all? Keep in mind, a lvl 15 villain is practically worthless.

I wouldn't buy that pack unless you have 2-3 of the villains already with at least 6 covers. That's just my opinion.

Either way Moonstone, Ares and magneto marvel now would be a decent team.
    Thanks. My *** villain team has less than 5 covers each, while at least Moonstone, Ares and Magneto ** has about 6-10 covers. Hopefully they will serve me well. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Hopefully I can show my Marvel Now Magento love!
  • Uh, isn't Marvel Now Mags a good guy?
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Uh, isn't Marvel Now Mags a good guy?

Is he? Sorry, I've been slacking on Marvel lore since spidey's clone saga
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Uh, isn't Marvel Now Mags a good guy?

Is he? Sorry, I've been slacking on Marvel lore since spidey's clone saga
    He is an x-men, that makes him a good guy.
  • Oh boy, this would be a problem given that my highest level villain is 50... Who do you guys think I should pump my 27k iso into? I'm debating between Hood or Doom. Mags is somewhat the obvious pick but I can only get him to 66 max, which might not be as good as a level 80-100ish Hood/Doom. Probably should have participated in this Mags LR... I guess whoever I level can also do double-duty in the LRs, so thats nice. This actually isn't that easy of a choice: Moonstone/Daken would be good to have buffed in the PvE as well, so they are up for consideration.

5/5 L51 Doom
    5/5 L51 Rags
    5/5/1 L45 Hood
    5/5 L45 Daken
    4/1/2 L41 Mags (66 max)
    5/5/3 L31 Moonstone

Expect to see lightning rounds as the teams basically...minus spidey and the occasional hulk/punisher/widow. If its all.villians I will probably be running 75 ares, 125 mags, 100 doom to cover all the colors.

Also, broke 110k ISO saved...so that is something for me to think about. Should be above 150k by this time next week easily I bet. Stiillll waiting on that xforce info lol.

I would not bother with dakan or any other 2** besides ares (only useable yellow except for hood). That magneto is too low. Good chance no buffs so you would be looking at a what..3k hp magneto? That would be killed by lvl 85 **. Doom needs time on his side to be good and preferred a static board from stuns...meaning he won't work great unless he has 2 solid side characters and is only there as a "ohh, I guess I got enough black for demons.". Doom does give you sneaky defenses...but since offense is sfil the name of the game he isn't going to serve u well outside lr. Still...if you want to pump ISO into some of your evil roster I would go doom given the info you gave.

Heck, maybe doom will get a nice 3rd cove at some point and become a good character. Considering he only has 2 covers he has stellar health points.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options

5/5 L51 Doom
    5/5 L51 Rags
    5/5/1 L45 Hood
    5/5 L45 Daken
    4/1/2 L41 Mags (66 max)
    5/5/3 L31 Moonstone

Expect to see lightning rounds as the teams basically...minus spidey and the occasional hulk/punisher/widow. If its all.villians I will probably be running 75 ares, 125 mags, 100 doom to cover all the colors.

Also, broke 110k ISO saved...so that is something for me to think about. Should be above 150k by this time next week easily I bet. Stiillll waiting on that xforce info lol.

I would not bother with dakan or any other 2** besides ares (only useable yellow except for hood). That magneto is too low. Good chance no buffs so you would be looking at a what..3k hp magneto? That would be killed by lvl 85 **. Doom needs time on his side to be good and preferred a static board from stuns...meaning he won't work great unless he has 2 solid side characters and is only there as a "ohh, I guess I got enough black for demons.". Doom does give you sneaky defenses...but since offense is sfil the name of the game he isn't going to serve u well outside lr. Still...if you want to pump ISO into some of your evil roster I would go doom given the info you gave.

Heck, maybe doom will get a nice 3rd cove at some point and become a good character. Considering he only has 2 covers he has stellar health points.

I forgot Ares was a thing, so my team will probably be 67 Ares / 77 mags (just got another red cover for 4/2/2 now) / X Doom. Up to 30k iso banked so I'll consider this an investment for future Mags LRs or something.