Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• Rorex wrote:
    Does anyone remember if Doom was buffed in the main event's nodes? (Implying that he'll be buffed in a later sub).

Yep Dr. Doom was buffed in the simulator main event. Lots of people thought it was because of the lightning rounds and all the 3* villians were buffed but I can guarntee it wasn't as The Hood wasn't buffed. I am assuming hes next and have been spending ISO accordingly.

Cool. I've pumped all of my current iso into getting Mags to 77, and am going to work on maxing out doom next. I think I might like Daken enough to consider maxing him out (he's 50 right now), but that iso is probably better spent on Ares/Doom I'm guessing.

Doom is certianlly worth lvling. I have even read rumours on the forum that strike tiles stack with his attack tiles. Meaning that with a max lvl patch and a decent number of strike tiles the two can be doing in the neighbourhood of 3k damage a turn after a basic match.
  • Rorex wrote:
    Doom is certianlly worth lvling. I have even read rumours on the forum that strike tiles stack with his attack tiles. Meaning that with a max lvl patch and a decent number of strike tiles the two can be doing in the neighbourhood of 3k damage a turn after a basic match.

I'm under the impression that any damage dealt at any time is augmented by any strike tiles you have on the board.

Is there any damage dealing power/ability/move for which this is not true?
  • I don't believe strike tile augment self inflicted damage such as Ares yellow kamikaze or hulk's self damage (5 black or red w/low green). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.
  • I don't believe strike tile augment self inflicted damage such as Ares yellow kamikaze or hulk's self damage (5 black or red w/low green). Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, I remember someone confirmed this for us with Hulk's Anger.
  • Sitting this one out guys, for the first time in a long while. Best villain is Juggernaut tho, so no chance. Have fun and good luck!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ares is a serious powerhouse for this tournament... I'm considering leveling him up to 85. Doom is probably the better long term investment but Ares is just so damn good in this...
  • My villian list looks pretty good. 92 Magneto classic, 85 Ares, 85 Moonstone, and a bunch of bodies at level 30-50 range. Wonder if it's worth it to level up Daken.
  • Phantron wrote:
    My villian list looks pretty good. 92 Magneto classic, 85 Ares, 85 Moonstone, and a bunch of bodies at level 30-50 range. Wonder if it's worth it to level up Daken.
    The fact you can't use either of the healers should make almost always on regen valuable if you want to do any sustained sessions. He can also make Magneto's and Ares' red dangerous. That and maybe actually using Magneto's protect tiles as protect tiles are really the only recovery/mitigation anyone has, unless you count incessant Prologue healing. Could even use Bullseye as a cheap alternative, except then you'd have to put ISO in Bullseye, and nobody does that.

I don't have any of the LR villains in a usable state, but I'll probably bump Doom to 40ish for this and upcoming simulator guest buff. He fits alright with Moonstone and Ares, who are my only eligible 80+. Might as well give at least the progression HP a go, given plenty of people are in the same boat.
  • Valentine's Day and all that... didn't think this was going to become the OT for the event.

Updated the OP with the relevant event information that everyone here already knows by this point.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Valentine's Day and all that... didn't think this was going to become the OT for the event.

Updated the OP with the relevant event information that everyone here already knows by this point.

Oh well. Good job for at least getting it done. Hehe
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I don't have any evil doers over a level 55. I'm not sure how well I would fair in this event...
  • I don't have any evil doers over a level 55. I'm not sure how well I would fair in this event...

My bracket is funny so far. I started off #14. Without playing a single match or being attacked moved from 14 to 1.
    After claiming #1 I was attacked twice. Both times defended for a total for 46 points. Lol?
  • This tournament is definitely a bit different. MUCH slower paced than others. I haven't been attacked a single time. It's pretty nice actually being scary enough that nobody wants to mess with me. Could also be V-day, the simulator, and lack of interest in DD. I think all the teams that can field 3 high level characters from

Mags/Rags/Doom/Hood/Ares

are staying out of each other's way. I know I am. No doubt that will change later on, when you need to fight one of those fights to get more than a handful of points. Will be interesting to see how that war of attrition plays out.

There seem to be more high level teams at the top than usual. I still see some 1* level rosters at the top, but definitely a lot of people with high LR villains.
  • I don't have any evil doers over a level 55. I'm not sure how well I would fair in this event...

I would consider that pretty good. From what I can gather, most people don't have any significant nefarious members to compete. Including myself. Some at least have Juggernaut which I skipped on cause I prefer saving my slots for others.

Read that there are some 1* teams competing. Makes me wonder if I would get a fair chance with my lvl 6 2* characters. icon_e_smile.gif I don't aim high though. Usually the 2* prizes. But if the MMR judges competition according to how we do with our regular heroes, then it won't surprise me that I face lvl 120 teams against my lvl 6 team. Woohoo! Someone call the janitor to clean up my team's body parts.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyone bought the 10-pack? I would hate getting loads of Daken/Bullseye/Moonstone. >.<
  • Got Ares Sunder from my 300 progression token...sold enough of those already from the Hunt :/
  • Got a black Loki from my 300-point token. Sweet!
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Got Ares Sunder from my 300 progression token...sold enough of those already from the Hunt :/

Exactly same thing here. Yellow Ares cover don't warm much when you've already maxed him at the launch PvE and PvP. On a side note, my daily reward Heroic token gave me Mags.Now! blue cover. That's pretty much the only 2* Mags cover I DON'T need. Grrrr. icon_mad.gif
  • Went to sleep in 1st. Woke up in 6th. It keeps getting funnier though. I only got attacked once all night and it was a +24 defense. I'm scoring progression rewards in my sleep. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It does seem like people are underestimating other teams a lot, I've got a couple of wins (albeit a couple of losses too) - or maybe it's just the absence of having a healer.