Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• Right on cue. They are giving out daredevil cards like candy to top players.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It says on the pop up screen that you can win classic magneto but instead you will get daredevil as a prize. Guess which I would have wanted...
  • I was wondering if any one caught that. The QATAR dept. Needs a kick in the seat.
  • This will be an interesting glimpse into the post Spidey-era. High level/health teams will be a bigger deterrent because there's no healers on the field. A lot of people are going to misplay this one. Seems like the best approach is to play one-off matches (not shielding till towards the end):

1. A slow climb will limit retaliations and attacks since you won't be worth as many points.
    2. You'll be able to manage health packs better.
    3. More opportunities for defensive wins (no stunlocking) to gain points without offering up retaliations.

Also means that the final stretch will be crazy as people make their push in the last hour or two (start any sooner, and you'll be out of health packs). I plan to lurk around 6-10, push up to 2-5 at the 3 hour mark, and then shield it out as everyone else beats each other up and dies.
  • Oh boy more Daredevil covers - said nobody ever.
  • Hmm, max Magneto and Ragnarok, level 100 Hood, 140 health packs... if only I wanted any of the prizes icon_neutral.gif

If I pull any villains from standard tokens today I'll get some progression rewards and put a tank team out for you guys and gals icon_mrgreen.gif

Happy Valentine's Day to all.
  • poomermon wrote:
    It says on the pop up screen that you can win classic magneto but instead you will get daredevil as a prize. Guess which I would have wanted...

Probably the 300 points token.
  • I'm running
    115 rag
    105 doom
    90 hood (will be rising)

Rag and doom both give me good health. Both dish out some damage. Hoods there to annoy a bit with ap steal. I think it'll work out pretty decent for me if I decide it's worth a couple shields.
  • Underwhelming prizes, was holding out for a new villain cover. I'll give this one a pass after I hit the 300 mark
  • Hmm, max Magneto and Ragnarok, level 100 Hood, 140 health packs... if only I wanted any of the prizes icon_neutral.gif

If I pull any villains from standard tokens today I'll get some progression rewards and put a tank team out for you guys and gals icon_mrgreen.gif

Happy Valentine's Day to all.

Nice health packs, I need some of those icon_e_wink.gif. Gonna be brutal with no healers. Looks like my team will be lvl 94 Rag, lvl 85 Ares and the rest of my 3* villians are lvl 50 with max covers.
  • I'm running
    115 rag
    105 doom
    90 hood (will be rising)

Rag and doom both give me good health. Both dish out some damage. Hoods there to annoy a bit with ap steal. I think it'll work out pretty decent for me if I decide it's worth a couple shields.

I'm in a similar situation. I have

115 Rag
    128 Mags
    68 Doom
    86 Hood

With about 20k ISO to dump into one of the latter two. I'm leaning towards Rags/Mags/Doom, 2nd choice being Rags/mags/Hood, as I agree with Walk Your Path that high hit points will likely be key, plus this covers all colors, while the other doesn't have a strong purple. Hood is annoying to play against, though, so some experimenting will be in order. Maybe Ares could fit into a decent team, maybe Mags/Doom/Ares?

I'm guilty of abusing the heck out of Spidey, and I'll miss being able to stun lock/flawless victory any team, but ultimately I agree it will be good for the game to have him nerfed. This will be an interesting look at the future. Or just a long, unbuffed lightning round.
  • This tournament is gonna suck for me. We'll see how well I can do. I just pumped (gah) 17K iso into C Mag to get him from 90 to 100.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Won't be around for the end of the event so probably just pick up some progression rewards.
    Probably be sporting lvl 70 Ares, 60 Hood and 40 Mags/Daken/Moonstone or a 50 Loki or something.
    Maybe try get upto 500 and see if that's enough to win me some HP. I have no need for Wolverine covers though, but I can't see me managing to get DD covers if I'm going to miss the last day or of the event.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Oh boy more Daredevil covers - said nobody ever.
    You speak for me too.
  • I'm running
    115 rag
    105 doom
    90 hood (will be rising)

I'm in a similar situation. I have

115 Rag
    128 Mags
    68 Doom
    86 Hood

With about 20k ISO to dump into one of the latter two. I'm leaning towards Rags/Mags/Doom, 2nd choice being Rags/mags/Hood, as I agree with Walk Your Path that high hit points will likely be key, plus this covers all colors, while the other doesn't have a strong purple. Hood is annoying to play against, though, so some experimenting will be in order. Maybe Ares could fit into a decent team, maybe Mags/Doom/Ares?

I'm guilty of abusing the heck out of Spidey, and I'll miss being able to stun lock/flawless victory any team, but ultimately I agree it will be good for the game to have him nerfed. This will be an interesting look at the future. Or just a long, unbuffed lightning round.

My mags is a lvl 92 1/3/5 so he is gonna rotate in and out with doom. I'm trying to make doom always be on my defense team because he has a lot of extra hit points and will be harder for attackers to walk away unscathed. If he gets a black off and you can't get it taken care of quickly = hello health packs, win or lose.No one has a pink skill there but doom still attacks hard with pink matches. My ares is lvl 75 but he's not very self sustaining. I would probably have stopped at 50 with him in hindsight. I rarely use him.
  • Oh, wait, after the Double Shot (assuming I get top 5), I only have to get top 45 for the only cover I need. Yay, I guess. Would be more exciting if they'd tweak Daredevil's trap placement or disarming.

• My mags is a lvl 92 1/3/5 so he is gonna rotate in and out with doom. I'm trying to make doom always be on my defense team because he has a lot of extra hit points and will be harder for attackers to walk away unscathed. If he gets a black off and you can't get it taken care of quickly = hello health packs, win or lose.No one has a pink skill there but doom still attacks hard with pink matches. My ares is lvl 75 but he's not very self sustaining. I would probably have stopped at 50 with him in hindsight. I rarely use him.

Yeah, I'd probably take the same approach with your roster.

My Mags is 5/3/5, and I really enjoy making blue match 5's for free, then often putting another match 5 around the multiplier it drops. Might as well enjoy it while I can. Best to do it after you've gotten off a purple attack, though, so you still have some blue tiles to swap.

I think Ares in for Rags is at least worth a try. About 2k less hp's than Rags, but his green attack is much better and he's got a pretty good yellow, will be especially scary when he's on D. Ares' red is about the same damage per AP (but spread out) and if he's weak and used with the yellow could hit for a lot more. And for me, Mags matches red, so Rags only does green, and I think he and Ares both hit for 50 per green.

Hmm, I think I talked myself into Ares.

• My mags is a lvl 92 1/3/5 so he is gonna rotate in and out with doom. I'm trying to make doom always be on my defense team because he has a lot of extra hit points and will be harder for attackers to walk away unscathed. If he gets a black off and you can't get it taken care of quickly = hello health packs, win or lose.No one has a pink skill there but doom still attacks hard with pink matches. My ares is lvl 75 but he's not very self sustaining. I would probably have stopped at 50 with him in hindsight. I rarely use him.

Yeah, I'd probably take the same approach with your roster.

My Mags is 5/3/5, and I really enjoy making blue match 5's for free, then often putting another match 5 around the multiplier it drops. Might as well enjoy it while I can. Best to do it after you've gotten off a purple attack, though, so you still have some blue tiles to swap.

I think Ares in for Rags is at least worth a try. About 2k less hp's than Rags, but his green attack is much better and he's got a pretty good yellow, will be especially scary when he's on D. Ares' red is about the same damage per AP (but spread out) and if he's weak and used with the yellow could hit for a lot more. And for me, Mags matches red, so Rags only does green, and I think he and Ares both hit for 50 per green.

Hmm, I think I talked myself into Ares.

I think my plan for bigs run might be

Start with The Hood / Mags / Rags
    End with The Hood / Doom / Ares

Maybes ares quick damage will be scarier than rags hp.
    Good point.
  • Did they implement the anti-tanking code already? I've thrown a tank team out after winning a couple of matches and no one seems to be biting. Maybe just not enough people playing yet...
  • Voxil wrote:
    Did they implement the anti-tanking code already? I've thrown a tank team out after winning a couple of matches and no one seems to be biting. Maybe just not enough people playing yet...

I believe the consensus was the last team you successfully WON a match with will be your defense.