Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• This is gonna be a tough event for me... Doom is at 56, Mags at 60, Ares at 85... Preparing myself mentally for a booby prize finish.
  • Yea, it's really hard for me to think of some great synergy among these villains. Especially since I don't have a C.Mags.

My team will be Doom - Ares - Hood (?). blah.
  • It will be interesting to see if the tournament dynamic is very different without any healers (except Daken). Doing a tournament with a 5 yellow Patch tanking most hits has meant I very rarely need to use Health Packs, let alone run out of them. No Spidey, OBW, or Wolverine means health attrition will be a much bigger deal, which means characters like Loki and Hood will be a health pack drain if not managed carefully.
  • RangoFett wrote:
    It will be interesting to see if the tournament dynamic is very different without any healers (except Daken). Doing a tournament with a 5 yellow Patch tanking most hits has meant I very rarely need to use Health Packs, let alone run out of them. No Spidey, OBW, or Wolverine means health attrition will be a much bigger deal, which means characters like Loki and Hood will be a health pack drain if not managed carefully.

Healing isn't eliminated but it will slow it down once you're forced to leave a match with damage regardless. Still won't need health packs per se.
  • I'm going to be running 85 Ares (4/4/5), 50 moonstone (5/53), 50 Doom, since those are my only leveled villains.

Not bad, cover all colors with a bit of board control. I doubt a high placement though so I may delay entering until 36 hours before ending.
  • 3* villains are 4 of my top 6. Let's do this thing. Hehe icon_e_smile.gif
  • This event will give me a reason to play around with my doom and see if he is worth investing more in. His demons have always interested me and I love him as a character from the comics so I've always wanted to insert him in my lineup somewhere but haven't felt motivated until now.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Time for DOOM!

Probably going to run

100 5/5 Doom
    85 4/4/5 Ares
    57 5/5 Daken

Just gotta be careful not to cover up all the reds with Daken so Doom can summon some demons.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've got Hood at ~level 40, other 3* villains are at level 15 with 1 cover, so I know exactly what to expect from this tournament.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    I've got Hood at ~level 40, other 3* villains are at level 15 with 1 cover, so I know exactly what to expect from this tournament.

Were you playing during the Ares event? You'd surely have a suitable Ares for this one. But I hear what you are saying. I'm going to have to run a 77 Ares/41 Hood/41 doom (with ISO I can get doom to 64). So hopefully some of these villains are getting a significant buff or I'm probably screwed.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:

Were you playing during the Ares event? You'd surely have a suitable Ares for this one. But I hear what you are saying. I'm going to have to run a 77 Ares/41 Hood/41 doom (with ISO I can get doom to 64). So hopefully some of these villains are getting a significant buff or I'm probably screwed.

Yeah I have Ares at 62 or 63 off the top of my head, so my team will probably end up being Ares/Hood/Moonstone - maybe I'll run with Yelana for yucks. It's probably good to have a tournament where I know I can't compete for a top spot; I won't feel so bad about tanking it.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Ares confirmed as a villain? He never was in the stories.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Dark Avenger
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Dark Avenger

That isn't a meaningful response. He was on the dark avengers because he was misled by Osborne. When he learned the truth he went to harm Osborne and got ripped in half by the Sentry.

The Hulk is far more villain than Ares ever was.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Dark Avenger

That isn't a meaningful response. He was on the dark avengers because he was misled by Osborne. When he learned the truth he went to harm Osborne and got ripped in half by the Sentry.

The Hulk is far more villain than Ares ever was.

He is considered a dark avenger. Villain therefore since he is up against heroes with everyone KNOWING which of the two is good/bad (meaning unlike hero v hero conflicts like civil war). Doesn't matter if he is tricked or what as thus is the DARK AVENGER version. Similarly to how marvel now magneto might not be playable due to that version of magneto not being considered a villain.

As for the event...who knows. It could be just lr characters for all we know and skip all dark avengers entirely. My guess is its more about disabling the hero characters than enabling villians. No way you count ares as a hero so my guess is he is playable.
  • When do we think this will kick off? Tonight after the double shot is done, or beforehand?
  • Nefarious Foes made me think of pairing up arch enemies. So, teams of two like Spidey & Venom? Thor & Rags? Widow & Yelena? Bullseye & hawkeye? Sure, the cover overlap makes matching tedious but it would change things up.
  • Nefarious Foes made me think of pairing up arch enemies. So, teams of two like Spidey & Venom? Thor & Rags? Widow & Yelena? Bullseye & hawkeye? Sure, the cover overlap makes matching tedious but it would change things up.

I think that would be more like "Unlikely Allies", wouldn't it?
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like it's out now!
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hmm max Ares + 92 1/5/3 Hood

After that I need to use 15's
    1/2/1 Mag
    3/3 Loki
    Maybe 4/2 Rag.
    Not going to go with a 4/0 doom or any of the 2 stars
    25k ISO available

No healers so end of tourney blitzing not a thing.