Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    What rating do people 1st in people's brackets have? Trying to decide when/if to shield.

I might be in slacker bracket at the moment, but tops in mine are in the high-500s.

Yeah I'm 4th at 486 or so. Rushed my way up the ladder in an hour or two last night. It's a slower tourney since nobody can heal each match and not everyone has high level villains.

5th at 488 in my bracket, hiding being the 500-point invisible line for now.

I have found that an 85 Ares will keep most people at bay in this tourney. 5340 health is a lot whittle down. Also a plus for being able to eat 347,219 Juggernaut headbutts before having to run back to the prologue to heal. icon_lol.gif
  • I am first in my bracket with 801. May push for 1000 not sure yet. Ahead of second by about 150
  • My bracket leader is at 644 but keeps getting knocked under 600 and then regaining.

2nd is shielded at 602

I'm shielded at 599 waiting for health packs.

I'm running 60 Moonstone, 85 Ares, 51 Doom. I thought I would be dogmeat but seems like my MMR has normalized to people around my level and they don't want to fight me mostly. Aiming for top 5.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,271 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Your saving grace is Ares SirKopath.

He is so damn annoying. Seems our bracket is pretty soft.
    Stop finding me in your match-ups icon_razz.gif
  • sinnerjfl wrote:

Sorry! I know i kept attacking you. I even have you queued up again for another attack (i'll do it while you're shielded).

I definitely aim for Ares first in all my match ups, damn 3 damage skills are annoying as hell.

Two of the guys beating us are too low in MMR for us to do anything about, i'm hunting for Svatlas now.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,271 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would not say Ares is overpowered but seriously, he is almost better than a lot of 3 stars characters.

And the downsides to his skills are not that big of a deal. Give some green AP or take some damage that you'll probably
    soak up in 2 turns.
  • Ha! Shielded up at 652 to ride out the end of the tourney and won a 14 pt. defense to land me at 666. Nefarious!
  • I'm shielded (coincidentally, also at 652) for the rest and not planning to unshield - feel free to attack me if my name comes up.
  • The selection of character only have 2 guys with a green move (Ares and Ragnarok) so Ares's usual drawback on Onslaught is often negated. Green is a very strong color and giving the other side green is normally a very bad thing.

He's also very good at trading 1 to 1 with the other side with his skills, and without healers to bail people out this trade is bad for the attacker even if they win at the end.
  • Phantron wrote:
    The selection of character only have 2 guys with a green move (Ares and Ragnarok) so Ares's usual drawback on Onslaught is often negated. Green is a very strong color and giving the other side green is normally a very bad thing.

He's also very good at trading 1 to 1 with the other side with his skills, and without healers to bail people out this trade is bad for the attacker even if they win at the end.

You forgot juggernaut!

I can usually go 2 battles without having to heal pack him or healing him in **** npc battles
  • SirKopath wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:

Sorry! I know i kept attacking you. I even have you queued up again for another attack (i'll do it while you're shielded).

I definitely aim for Ares first in all my match ups, damn 3 damage skills are annoying as hell.

Two of the guys beating us are too low in MMR for us to do anything about, i'm hunting for Svatlas now.

It´s my final score now. I dont need IW so get this baby icon_e_wink.gif Shielded 769 Feel free to attack me!
  • Just went through a pretty big grind fest. Wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to go prologue every 2 matches or so.

Sitting at #1 by about 40 points on a 3 hour shield.

Been using any alive mixture of my 4 villains
    115 rag 105 doom 100 hood 92 mags
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Got my shield up before Psyko hit me :')
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Got my shield up before Psyko hit me :')

Nice! Haha! I was not looking for names at all. Finding anything 20+ was becoming quite the challenge those last 5-6 matches. Feel free to retaliate though. Hehe
  • I shielded at 674 in my bracket for now. Got plans for most of the evening. Only able to find 9-14 point matches so I decided it wasn't worth it to stay unshielded.
  • The Hood is out in full force and like OBW he doesn't really have a viable counter unless 'infinite combo with Magneto on turn 2' counts as a counter.

No healer makes the game more interesting though I admit I often went back to prologue to heal too, but at least it cuts down the number of repetition. I think lack of healers (and lack of clear cut powerhouse characters) does make the game a lot more interesting though. I even ran into a level 110 Ragnarok and actually got hit pretty hard by the good old Thunderclap -> Godlike combo. At least relative to the villian roster, if you've Magneto brought in line and The Hood's AP steal nerfed, then you've a very good competitive balance.
  • Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75
  • Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75

I'd say Ares Hood and then roll a dice between Rag/Doom. Magneto just seems pretty useless in defense since the AI literally has no idea how to use him.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75

I'd say Ares Hood and then roll a dice between Rag/Doom. Magneto just seems pretty useless in defense since the AI literally has no idea how to use him.
    Go with Doom. Summon demons is incredibly annoying, so I'm more intimimdated by a Doom than Rag.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Ok so me and this other person are fighting for 1/2 within 10 points if each other. #3 is 100 points back. I wanna rock my most defensive team. Which 3 of 5 is most intimidating.

5/5 rag 115
    5/5 doom 105
    5/5/3 hood 100
    1/3/5 mags 92
    4/4/5 ares 75

I've been using rags / hood / doom.

Doom has been my primary damage dealer. So you think 75 ares > 115 rags for defense?

Rags has nearly doubly health but ares does a lot more damage.