Next Tourney - Nefarious Foes - Feb 14-16

Options

Comments

• Does anyone know if dannyshan is a forum goer? I assume he is, his roster was amazing. But I almost just sniped him of the win until he unshielded with 5 min left and completely owned me icon_e_sad.gif lol was really nerve wracking.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Does anyone know if dannyshan is a forum goer? I assume he is, his roster was amazing. But I almost just sniped him of the win until he unshielded with 5 min left and completely owned me icon_e_sad.gif lol was really nerve wracking.

Not sure, but he has been winning lr for a while from my memory. After I stopped really trying to place, but I would see him while ISO grinding.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Does anyone know if dannyshan is a forum goer? I assume he is, his roster was amazing. But I almost just sniped him of the win until he unshielded with 5 min left and completely owned me icon_e_sad.gif lol was really nerve wracking.
    I dunno but he's been in like 8 out of my last 10 brackets.
  • sms4002 wrote:

I know nemek knows him thru facebook I think as he spoke about dannyshan breaking down the point formulas one time. He has a crazy roster with 2 lvl 130+ spideys if I recall. Legit player as far as I know.
  • sms4002 wrote:

Dannyshan is a face booker.
  • My DD is 4/2/0 after this tourney. I haven't leveled him up at all yet but I feel sadz becurz I cant haz no redz.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, I now have a useless 5/3/5 Daredevil. Not even sure what to do with him, since he just seems so mediocre.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

He's technically on the forum, but I don't think he visits much anymore and sticks to the facebook group. But yeah, he's been around since the really early days.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    sms4002 wrote:
    Does anyone know if dannyshan is a forum goer? I assume he is, his roster was amazing. But I almost just sniped him of the win until he unshielded with 5 min left and completely owned me :( lol was really nerve wracking.

He's technically on the forum, but I don't think he visits much anymore and sticks to the facebook group. But yeah, he's been around since the really early days.

Is it safer to discuss tactics where the devs can't read them?
  • Hm I have a 3/3/4 Daredevil, with two purples and a blue in the cache. Dunno whether to go 5/3/5, or 4/4/5.

Finished first in the end. Excited for C Mags covers. I've got a 4/2/5 so I can finish him off 4/4/5 or 5/3/5 if I want.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Finished first in the end. Excited for C Mags covers. I've got a 4/2/5 so I can finish him off 4/4/5 or 5/3/5 if I want.

I really can't decide which way to go. 4/4/5 gives a6 AP and 3 AP skill, and it makes his red a quick two turn option if you need to find a way to shut down a countdown, but 5 AP for blue means you can turn 3 blue that are near each other into a 5 for without any AP loss.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I really can't decide which way to go. 4/4/5 gives a6 AP and 3 AP skill, and it makes his red a quick two turn option if you need to find a way to shut down a countdown, but 5 AP for blue means you can turn 3 blue that are near each other into a 5 for without any AP loss.

5 blue is a must for Mags I think: it's the difference between chaining 2 match 4s in a row and 5 match 4s in a row off of 9 blue AP. Im personally debating between 5/4/4 and 5/5/3: the purple doesn't seem like it needs to be at 5 since I like actively matching blue anyways. 3AP red vs 2AP red is tough though, since 2AP is a lot better than 3...
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Hm I have a 3/3/4 Daredevil, with two purples and a blue in the cache. Dunno whether to go 5/3/5, or 4/4/5.

I believe 5/3/5 is the only option for DD. The stun from will hit whichever opponent matches blue, which may not be the opponent you currently have targeted. The only case where an opponent with blue as a minor colour will activate the stun is if they match-4/5 in a line and the detonation removes the trap tile. This effectively means the stun is "untargeted" or perhaps "autotargeted" as well as being randomly placed. This is just about the opposite of what you want a stun to be - you want to target the high threat enemy and take them out at a tactically appropriate time (enemy Thor has enough AP to cast his Red and Yellow, so there's a good chance he's going to chain some attacks next turn). Red still has the same limitations as to who counts as matching it and will therefore take the damage, but damage is damage, and for Purple it doesn't matter who matches it, I get ALL THE AP.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    jozier wrote:

5 blue is a must for Mags I think: it's the difference between chaining 2 match 4s in a row and 5 match 4s in a row off of 9 blue AP. Im personally debating between 5/4/4 and 5/5/3: the purple doesn't seem like it needs to be at 5 since I like actively matching blue anyways. 3AP red vs 2AP red is tough though, since 2AP is a lot better than 3...

Despite purple doing absolutely ridiculous damage, I don't get to use it very often because you usually use up all the available blue tiles immediately with Magneto's blue. It's not uncommon to have no blue tiles on the board after I'm done through a massive chain of Magnetic Fields. I mean sure you can stop taking 20 extra turns to get those blues back on the field and then do a massive overkill with Magnetic Translocation, or you can just take 20 extra turns and kill the other side in those 20 turns.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Hm I have a 3/3/4 Daredevil, with two purples and a blue in the cache. Dunno whether to go 5/3/5, or 4/4/5.

I believe 5/3/5 is the only option for DD. The stun from will hit whichever opponent matches blue, which may not be the opponent you currently have targeted. The only case where an opponent with blue as a minor colour will activate the stun is if they match-4/5 in a line and the detonation removes the trap tile. This effectively means the stun is "untargeted" or perhaps "autotargeted" as well as being randomly placed. This is just about the opposite of what you want a stun to be - you want to target the high threat enemy and take them out at a tactically appropriate time (enemy Thor has enough AP to cast his Red and Yellow, so there's a good chance he's going to chain some attacks next turn). Red still has the same limitations as to who counts as matching it and will therefore take the damage, but damage is damage, and for Purple it doesn't matter who matches it, I get ALL THE AP.

I don't see too much interesting thing to do with trap on offense. They're probably a defensive mechanism because it's unlikely you just switch to whoever has the highest HP just because they're close to matching your red trap. You generally still want to concentrate on the most vulnerable member first, unless you know for sure that they will match red (because you've a match 4 for them with the trap).

On defense, generally speaking, whoever matches red is likely the most damaging member of the team, while whoever matches blue is likely the strongest support character of the team. Even though the support characters are arguably more broken, killing say Patch is still far more useful than stunning Spiderman or OBW for 6 turns.

Likewise comparing purple to blue, taking 6 AP of all colors pretty much ensures they won't be doing anything for a very long time. That is far more useful than stunning a single person for 6 turns.
  • I am going 4/4/5. Why? Because I clicked the blue first...that's why lol. I'll probably never use either one on offense. On def, it still doesn't matter that much. Each has its advantage. Stunning your blue mat hea for an extra turn on def can be devastating if it happens at the wrong time.

Regardless, he isn't good enough to worry about it.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Huzzah - my 2nd ever tournament win! icon_mrgreen.gif

Granted Daredevil is hardly 'top tier' and I suspect we'll be seeing X-Force Wolverine in the PvE 4* slot, but finally have an Invisible Woman to qualify for her matches when they do crop up.
  • Heh. I tanked this, because a) I'm focused on Simulator, and b) all my villains are rubbish ATM.

Still ended up with 3x Standard and 250 ISO after winning around 5 matches and losing many, many more.

That's how this game should work!

(Note: not using my tokens for a wee while. I'm going to pretend they are likely to get me something useful, even though I know it's just 300 more ISO in the bag....)
  • Got top 5 with 600 points. Toss a shield up with 3 hours left on tourny and went to a birthday party icon_e_smile.gif. DD is now 4/3/5, gonna lvl him up to 50 for events purpose.
  • Unknown
    Options
    sms4002 wrote:

Dannyshan is a face booker.

Actually I visit the forum and the facebook page regularly. But I took more than a month off. As I am fully back now, I will be more active. On the other hand, I am one of the admins of MPQ facebook [add friends] and [Alliances & Recruitments], and commander of Ascent, mostly I come here to read news and annoucements and go back to facebook to inform the members of the recent changes, seldom post here.