Stop giving 20 ISO rewards first, discussion and musings

Comments

• stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Given the survey popped up again for me this morning might be worth hitting 1 and mentioning the 20 iso issue specifically to see if that gets their attention.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    The Struggle Is Real

2015-11-16%2019.39.33_zpsaq2zsv9g.png
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I would like to chime in but this goes right along with the current Ant-Man event. Bust your hump to grind through that final wave node only to be rewarded with 20 iso?!?!?! C'mon guys, something needs to give....
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Heroic Juggernaut's CP-giving nodes can tinykitty right off too. Limited roster event, ten health packs, have to use three of them every time I fight Venom/Ock/Hitman, and I get... *drumroll please* 20 ISO every time!

(Never has my signature been more appropriate!)
  • CNash wrote:
    Heroic Juggernaut's CP-giving nodes can tinykitty right off too. Limited roster event, ten health packs, have to use three of them every time I fight Venom/Ock/Hitman, and I get... *drumroll please* 20 ISO every time!

(Never has my signature been more appropriate!)

The first time you always get something though... you always get crit boosts. They should allow you to have hundreds of those instead of 30.
  • I ground the 4* essential node down to 1 point and still only had 2 out of four rewards...
  • angua51
    angua51 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Good idea about answering survey by saying how much you hate 20 ISO reward. I am doing 1st one now.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    Posted this elsewhere, but I think pve node rewards should be a static 10 rewards, (trimmed) If you keep playing after that, you're either a masochist OR you're trying to get the last good reward.
    Being in that position a couple of times in the past (ironically in Growth Industry, trying to get that imcoin.png or in the Gauntlet trying to get the token_standard.png from the Trivial nodes.. fortunately spread in a few days, rather than in 24 hours), I can say 10 times is still too many.. icon_e_smile.gif
    Keeping prizes at 10 max and vault-like, so you have increased chances each time and a definitive end game makes more sense, and wouldn't ruin the "economy" of the game.
    The only reason I grind the nodes in PvE is either to catch up or not to get overtaken by people. Only recently I started competing for the top prizes, because I could start doing it, meaning that I clear a node up to 9 times a day (for a 24 hours event). So far, I rarely needed to do a 10th clear. I'm assuming the people I tried to catch up wouldn't necessarily do the 10th clear either, if nobody else could beat their score.

In fact, in one of my first posts in the forum, I made a suggestion to just limit the attempts to 4 for each node, whilst allowing us to win all 4 rewards. This would make PvE less of a slog, but still reward those who could play optimally. I mentioned this again when this issue resurfaced and someone else had a similar idea. This is the link to the shortened version (2nd post).

How many of us really cherish the end of sub grind? "Oh boy.. it's nearly time to get Headbutt in your face again and again.."
    I think 4 times is too low to keep it as compete time as it is now, especially when 4* are rewarded. That'd mean the best timing rather than the most work would be rewarded. I'm just saying 10 because that's the max times you can hit a node and get more than 1 prog point over 24 hours. Also, with a vault type system, each time you get a reward you increase your chances at the other rewards. With a 10 item "vault" that wouldn't be so bad. Only problem I see is you could get 20 iso on your first run with this system.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I am sure it's been said before but logically....

Hit all nodes 3 times in a 24hr sub and you are knocking on the door of top progression... Ie a Legendary Token.

You hit them 4 times and you definitely hitting that and probably competing for lower placement prizes....

Any more than 4 and you are certainly chasing those top few placements...

So the only people who lose out on from no rewards past 4 are the serial grinders chasing multiple 3 star or even 4 star placement rewards... And probably don't care about 20 ISO a time...

But EVERYONE else gets a bit of love by giving out a four rewards in a random order over the first 4 clearances...

I have literally no clue what the upside of the 20 ISO awards are....
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Gmax101 wrote:
    I have literally no clue what the upside of the 20 ISO awards are...

Health packs. If you play a node a few extra times to get the 500 iso or the cp reward that are left, you will potentially use more health packs. They're looking for more purchases.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Just ran through Inner Space Cadet 7 times.....for the initial 500 iso reward and SIX by the 20. At least I have a few more days to try to get that 25HP.....
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gmax101 wrote:
    I have literally no clue what the upside of the 20 ISO awards are...

Health packs. If you play a node a few extra times to get the 500 iso or the cp reward that are left, you will potentially use more health packs. They're looking for more purchases.

Who actually buys health packs? I refuse out of principal. If I dont get the CP before the event ends, then so be it. I will never, ever buy health packs.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Okay, they're just messing with my mind now. The last six nodes with cps in a row every single time the first drop has been the crit boosts... What the smeg?
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Just another post to keep this one going bcs IT IS NOT FUN TO PLAY NODES +10x AND ONLY GET 20 ISO REWARDS!!! Who do the Devs think has a good time doing this? And, I am not buying Health Packs, either. Flipping rip-off on top of all the money you need to play PVP and roster slot costs.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Ran into evil RNGesus last night. Ground down both BP nodes in the H:Juggs event down to 1 and beyond and still never got the CPs. That felt "great". Nothing like burning taco tokens for healthpacks to keep trying.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    madok wrote:
    Ran into evil RNGesus last night. Ground down both BP nodes in the H:Juggs event down to 1 and beyond and still never got the CPs. That felt "great". Nothing like burning taco tokens for healthpacks to keep trying.

This was my life for the hardest node in the first H:Juggs node.

That fight was no joke either, mine were in the Level 240 range. With the Thug of all things being the hardest enemy, dealing over 3K per Pistol to me.
    I burned through almost all of my Health packs trying, and STILL didn't get it.
    It was the first PVE Command Point reward I missed.

And then the next sub I get BOTH of them first try.
    It's issues like this that prevent the game from being actually great instead of occasionally great.

It CAN"T be that hard to fix, despite all the reason we come up with why they won't fix this.

Also, kind of funny, but the name of the event is Heroic: Juggernaut, but both of these subs so far don't have him in them at all. Not that I'm complaining. Over scaled Kingpins are bad enough...
  • Last hour and a half I've been grinding both nodes, both were worth 1 point and I was still trying. Ran out of time and patience. Didn't even get 1 cp. one of the nodes I had 1/4 rewards. This is beyond unacceptable. In who's mind is that fun. Not mine. I will not waste my time doing that again. Someone tinykitty needs to look at this tinykitty thread and put some tinykitty tinykitty into someone's tinykitty and fix this tinykitty tinykitty. The tinykitty Nodes are making this tinykitty game a tinykitty.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I'm just playing the Nick Fury Essential nodes for the CP. Not even bothering with the rest of the event. My scaling's too high and the DA's powers are too inexpensive even without goons feeding them. I've been on the receiving end of Venom stunlocks far too often.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Nearly 300 upvotes and no official comment?

That's not of the cool.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nearly 300 upvotes and no official comment?

That's not of the cool.

Not just an official comment, but also the math to back it up.

It is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35728