Stop giving 20 ISO rewards first, discussion and musings

Comments

• gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Changing 20 iso into another value is changing 1 variable in coding (programmers know this). As long as people buy iso like "mother load" they they will make money and will never plan to implement this change. We all know how cheap this company is so it does not suprise me but the lack of communication about what long term issues will be adresses pisses me off more then this 20 iso rewards.
  • Not really spending time on the forum these days so I might have missed it.

Did we ever get a developer response to this thread?

DBC
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Not really spending time on the forum these days so I might have missed it.

DBC

This thread? No, but I believe they've clarified the odds even though that's not really at the heart of what's pissing people off.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Not really spending time on the forum these days so I might have missed it.

DBC

This thread? No, but I believe they've clarified the odds even though that's not really at the heart of what's pissing people off.

I dunno. I'm kinda pissed off at both. There is zero reason the odds should be as high as 50% of pulling the booby prize after you've played the node once. I've played the non-essential CP node six times over two subs in the current heroic, and I've gotten the booby prize four times. That's an actual prize for the first play twice and the booby prize every other time I've played.

So I've got the 'smashing my face against the hardest node' pissivity going on and i've got the 'why in the name of unholy **** are the odds of pulling 20 ISO as high as 50% when there are still three prizes left' pissivity going on.

They're both kind of piss-worthy.
  • I reset my password and logged in after forever, just to bump/upvote/agree with this. This is the single most frustrating thing in the game.

This last one especially. I'm already limited on who I can use. Thanks D3. I just as soon limit myself, and make my own little xmen/avengers/random teams. Also, having the same 1 cover 4 and 5's really helps my team. Then you get to the powerful nodes. Burning through health packs to repeatedly get 20iso. Woo Hoo! Then, on your last set of health packs, the AI goes on a rampage. Cascades with multiple critical matches. I'm talking 5 crits in one cascade! This sets up a barrage of powers. All for the stupid CP that you need 25 of anyway.

This perfect storm of suckage, (I really hate the limited roster.) has induced the first real I'm done playing moment for me, and I've been playing since day one. Just isn't fun. Not deleting the game, or anything, just not playing.

D3 has done many things right. Early DDQ. This, however, is incredibly wrong.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    With all honesty I can say I don't mind 20 ISO rewards. Back in the beginning when I was playing the prologue it was annoying when you wanted a certain reward but obviously it never was bad enough to turn me off from the game. I consider those node rewards a small plus. Whatever I get from them is good but I don't play events for them. I play for progression reward and/or placement reward.

Obviously they are now somewhat relevant since some of them offer CP. Thing is, if you are playing casual then it's very easy to grind only those specific nodes until you get the CP, and if you are playing competitively for placement then chances are you'll most likely get the reward during the usual grind prior to sub's end. Again, annoying, yes. But far from making me want to quit the game.

Now, four star Deadpool, that really has turned me off from the game lately.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was shorted 2 ComPs today because neither node would give it up. 3/4 on both
  • Bwanis
    Bwanis Posts: 16
    I don't post much in the forums except when I've encountered a major injustice. IMHO the 20 ISO reward is ruining the addition of command points as a resource and needs to be fixed.

What causes me to think this way? Well, I ended up playing a single pve node THIRTY ONE (31) times for one lousey tinykitty CP before it finally dropped. I realize the odds of this are insurmountable but the fact that D3 is ok with even the possibility of this atrocity happening to players is mind-boggling.

Devs, do you think this was a fun experience for me? Do you think i enjoyed angrily grinding the same node 31 times for next to nothing? Do you want your player base cursing your game every time the dreaded single grey star token turns up after dozens of "victories"? Seeing this image over and over again was like seeing a middle finger from the devs as they laughed at me, knowing allthewhile a fix would be soooo simple.

It was not fun, it was horrible. And yes, I didn't have to keep playing but, well, I kindof had to - just to find out how long this nonsense could go on for. 31 times. Still in shock.

If you don't want to do away with the 20 ISO reward, at least put a cap on how many times it can drop in a single node. Maybe after you get 20 ISO 4-5 times the cap will not allow it to drop again until all the real rewards drop...

Don't get me wrong, I think 20 ISO should just get the axe altogether. Please at least eliminate this experience from ever happening again to anyone ever again EVER. You've made an otherwise fun game but this was pure torture.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Yep, ressurecting this thread yet again... icon_evil.gif

Please, please, pretty please find a better way to distribute CP to players. I've just had a few subs that refuse to give ANY prize on replaying the last/most difficult node. Every time you complete it, no matter how much damage you took, the scaling goes up and the counter stays at 1/4 prizes. On top of that the 20 Iso isn't going to help anybody I think, other than make you feel you got slapped in the face maybe.

I know you don't need to play every node until you get the CP, so I usually stop when I get to under 100 points because it's just not worth the hassle most of the times. But since CP were introduced to help you progress shouldn't you at least be able to get one of them during a PVE event? Maybe make one a 1/1 prize or something.

Previous post mentioning having to play 31 times takes the cake I think, that's rough. Should qualify for a MPQ World Record I think, although a record you are most likely not proud to possess.
  • CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    After playing for near one year, I really felt upset for Iso 20 reward
    I am a 3* 4* transition player
    I have near 15 full 3* level 166 character,
    I collected all 4 star without full cover
    Some players like me had family and job.
    We loved this game because Marvel and 3 match game.

Actually, I really want to quit the game 2 months ago because it waste of time and money to became 4 * player

The Legendary token and CP give me some hope.
    But after grinding PVE CP for several times, I really feel tired of this game.
    the ISo-20 for the beginnger player may be useful. But for the experienced player, it is nothing
    Player spend their time to get Iso 20.
    So, please change the way to get CP or give Iso reward based on player level (double, Tripple or any way)
    I believe there would be less player in the future if nothing changes
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    To the Top!

Cause this is annoying and aggravating.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played a 3x191 CP node. Had one of my characters knocked out, another nearly so, and my reward at the end was...crit boosts.

Played the essential, which was at least 80 levels lower.

Had one of my characters knocked out, another nearly so, and my reward at the end was...crit boosts.

I exited the game.

And, really, that's been my reaction whenever I get either crit boosts or 20 ISO when trying to win the CP from those nodes. It's just an immediate lessening of satisfaction with the game and realization that I have other games I could be playing which would be more rewarding than "here have crit boosts or 20 ISO."
  • DFiPL wrote:
    Played a 3x191 CP node. Had one of my characters knocked out, another nearly so, and my reward at the end was...crit boosts.

Had one of my characters knocked out, another nearly so, and my reward at the end was...crit boosts.

I exited the game.

And, really, that's been my reaction whenever I get either crit boosts or 20 ISO when trying to win the CP from those nodes. It's just an immediate lessening of satisfaction with the game and realization that I have other games I could be playing which would be more rewarding than "here have crit boosts or 20 ISO."

I hate getting 20 ISO but Cfrit Boosts actually wish I'd gotten the 20 ISO instead. My Crit Boost stockpile always seems at 30 so anymore is 100% worthless.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

I exited the game.

I hate getting 20 ISO but Cfrit Boosts actually wish I'd gotten the 20 ISO instead. My Crit Boost stockpile always seems at 30 so anymore is 100% worthless.

I am all out of crit boosts again, love using them on the 4* ddq nodes, or anytime i have to winfinite overleveled Juggs etc..

But, i am also out of other boosts.. need all color damage and + ap as well, maybe make the boost in the node random?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, they should be distributing color boosts instead of criticals. Make the CP nodes have the large stock pile as a reward.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the last node of the last Hulk sub, I got 1/4 rewards (the critical boost). I played it 9 (that's nine!) times.

But at least I have 160 iso, right?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    On the last node of the last Hulk sub, I got 1/4 rewards (the critical boost). I played it 9 (that's nine!) times.

But at least I have 160 iso, right?

And likely no healthpacks... so working as intended...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    But, i am also out of other boosts.. need all color damage and + ap as well, maybe make the boost in the node random?
    that would actually be a huge upgrade. would be happy with this, because I use the other premium boosts much more often than the critical (actually never use the crit). that would move it from completely useless for my play style to occasionally something useful.
  • apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I know it's been said before. I know there's a thread for it. I shall still post a complaint about it. Every update without a fix for 20 iso being given before recieving all rewards is a joke. Especially with command points nodes. Beating a node 10+ times isn't fun. Especially knowing they are the 2 most difficult nodes in each sub. Command points are nice and help but you gave us this new toy and the batteries are not included.

Fix the 20 iso thing. People play this game for fun. If they did the work and still aren't being rewarded for it what's the point?

Sigh.
  • If they did the work and still aren't being rewarded for it what's the point?

And how do you think the developers/marvel/disney feel?