Stop giving 20 ISO rewards first, discussion and musings

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I think as a new year's resolution the Devs need to add this to the top of the list. I hate it when you are still grinding a node at 1point and still not getting the CP out of the hard nodes that make you run out of health packs. Not cool....
  • Pmball
    Pmball Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Crowl wrote:
    I know this point has been raised many times in the past but it is going to seriously piss off far more players now that some nodes offer CP as a prize, it is idiotic that people are able to grind down a difficult node to 1 while still not getting this reward rather than 20 iso.

2nd Mod Edit: This thread is slowly evolving, changed title name to reflect content. Staying in General Discussion for now.

Agreed it one of the most aggravating aspects of the game.
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Agreed, get rid of 20 ISO. The rewards should be one of the four listed. Each time a reward is received it should be marked as completed and the draw from the remaining ones. If anyone plays a node more than 4 times... screw them they can be the ones getting the whopping 20 ISO.

Also has anyone noticed on command point nodes if you play it down to one point it automatically gives you the command point.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    VA5 wrote:

Also has anyone noticed on command point nodes if you play it down to one point it automatically gives you the command point.

That must be nice but that hasn't been my experience.

I love throwing a team into the grinder that is Carnage + feeder goons for 20 ISO. IT FEEEELS SOOO GOOOD!
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    I understand that there should be some element of chance in the reward structure, but this:

PUaQP9u.jpg

j4wplkc.jpg

Should never be an acceptable result from grinding a node down to 1 point.

Perhaps it's time to consider weighting the chances of an as-yet unreceived reward based on the percentage of points still available when the node is beaten - the closer you get to "1", the more likely it is that you receive something other than the despised 20 ISO.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least it was not the comand point
  • wymtime wrote:
    At least it was not the comand point
    Maybe it was? After 6+ plays he has earned 1 of the rewards, and then 20 ISO EVERY SINGLE OTHER TIME.

That's ridiculous.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point maybe the best way is to drop the 4/4 rewards and simply make it 1 reward. I would rather receive 250 Iso for the easy nodes, 500 for middle nodes and 1000 Iso for hard nodes and essentials with the CP for 4* essential and last node. Most of us won't miss the useless Crit boosts and standard token. This way the 20 Iso reward won't sting because we already won the necessary reward.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Command point nodes need to be just like the 2k iso jackpot nodes, 1/1. No one cares if they get 3x crit boost, 250, 500 iso. Just do it already.

And, been there, done that
    sJ26weh.jpg?1emYzFqE.jpg?1

I never did get the comp from that node

Edit
    Just completed my second pass of sub 2, 20 iso on NINE of the ten nodes!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    At this point maybe the best way is to drop the 4/4 rewards and simply make it 1 reward. I would rather receive 250 Iso for the easy nodes, 500 for middle nodes and 1000 Iso for hard nodes and essentials with the CP for 4* essential and last node. Most of us won't miss the useless Crit boosts and standard token. This way the 20 Iso reward won't sting because we already won the necessary reward.

While not a bad idea, that doesn't even seem necessary. If the game is programmed to have a 50% chance of the 20 iso popping when other rewards still exist, as they claim it does, they could just adjust that percentage to .000000000001%. This honestly sounds like the easiest issue they refuse to fix for the pettiest of reasons.
  • Punisher5784
    STOPTHIS wrote:

While not a bad idea, that doesn't even seem necessary. If the game is programmed to have a 50% chance of the 20 iso popping when other rewards still exist, as they claim it does, they could just adjust that percentage to .000000000001%. This honestly sounds like the easiest issue they refuse to fix for the pettiest of reasons.

How is it not necessary? The devs clearly do not know how to fix the problem so this would be a quick easy solution. This has been a problem for over 2 years, at this point it needs to be changed not fixed.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is it not necessary? The devs clearly do not know how to fix the problem so this would be a quick easy solution.
    He just told you how it'd be a quick and easy solution. The "50%" number is in the code somewhere. Just change the damn number.
  • Punisher5784
    simonsez wrote:
    How is it not necessary? The devs clearly do not know how to fix the problem so this would be a quick easy solution.
    He just told you how it'd be a quick and easy solution. The "50%" number is in the code somewhere. Just change the damn number.

Yes I read his solution, however the devs have stated it's not as easy as changing a %, apparently. My solution would eliminate their need to re-code it in our favor. Just make it a 1/1 reward that's the average amount of the 4/4 reward. Let's stop trying to fix this and just change it already.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

Yes I read his solution, however the devs have stated it's not as easy as changing a %, apparently. My solution would eliminate their need to re-code it in our favor. Just make it a 1/1 reward that's the average amount of the 4/4 reward. Let's stop trying to fix this and just change it already.
    If it's more complex than simply changing a roll variable, they have a horribly coded game
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

If it's more complex than simply changing a roll variable, they have a horribly coded game

Yeah pretty much lol
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

If the coding for specifying simple odds on a drop are that nebulous and poorly defined, maybe take a look back on what you're doing.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    I think their problem is not that they don't know how to change the odds. It's that they don't want to lose a benefit that the current odds gives them. I can only guess what that benefit is. Maybe it's that people play the game more, since some would stop as soon as they get the reward. Or maybe they are factoring in the overall effect of the entire player base suddenly getting more ISO and CP if the odds change, and they don't like how that would affect the game economy. So when they say they have been working on a solution, they probably mean they are trying to figure out how to change the odds in a way that doesn't break some other aspect of the rewards system that they like.
  • Edith09
    Edith09 Posts: 48
    I decided this thread needs bump, esp. with Venom bomb last 2 days coming up. Remember 3 Carnage + feeders nodes in last day!
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thread will be merged with the main 20 iso musings thread on 1/4 (link below)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35055
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I read his solution, however the devs have stated it's not as easy as changing a %, apparently
    I don't believe it. They're either underthinking it or overthinking it. I bet 20 iso on the latter.