Stop giving 20 ISO rewards first, discussion and musings

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Done the CP fights in the Rescue Aunt May event 5 times now, both CP still unclaimed and me 100 iso richer. Yay!
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    Its very likely that they do so much work on cost economies, averages, and accrual metrics for iso and gold, cp, token relations etc..

That changing the baseline ISO in any way creates a whole lot more work for people that makes it easy to "put it off till later till we have the time to deal with it all".
    I don't buy it. It takes over 4 million ISO just to take all the 3* characters to their max level. The 4* characters? Over 7 million.

The game ain't gonna break giving out 4/4 before 20. It just ain't. Heck they could bump that booby prize up to 50 ISO and it's not even going to make a dent in the ISO that everyone needs.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    DalekGAF wrote:
    Cypr3ss wrote:
    Another PVE Event, another mountain of frustration at the 1 CP sitting there all shiny and drawing 20 iso icon_mad.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.

I just beat "Rescue Aunt May" literally around 20 times before the event ended-and I never got the CP. Infuriating.

Well I've just decided I'm not going to get the CP from the 'Odd Trio' node, cause its down to 5 (iirc) points and i'm out of health packs and time (~1hr left in event)... its just so much fun icon_e_confused.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • I resigned to CP points in last day of Venom Heroic, not gonna waste my healthpack.png
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    second clear each of CP nodes: 20 ISO

/logout
  • Nick441234
    I'm starting to wonder if they've turned down the odds on your receiving the Command Points. I haven't got a single one for 4 days now!
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Finally got the command Point from galactus on my 42nd attempt, strangely that wasn't even the last of the publisher rewards - that's a lot of 20 iso's!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm starting to wonder if they've turned down the odds on your receiving the Command Points. I haven't got a single one for 4 days now!
    I got all 4 from the first two subs of the Venom heroic doing 3 regular clears.
    I was actually wondering whether they had _upped_ the percentage.

RNG at its best.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    had to hit one venom node 11X (so glad it wasn't a carnage node). 2 others gave it up first clear. gotta love rng
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    If the CP is the only thing you care about, and I assume that's what people are talking about.

If you get the other 3 prizes in-a-row; your odds at getting that last CP is...

Attempt #1 has 25% chance (3 remain)
    Attempt #2 has 16.7% chance (2 remain)
    Attempt #3 has 25% (only CP left)
    Attempt #4+ has 50%
  • TxMoose
    Hendross wrote:
    Attempt #3 has 25% (only CP left)
    Attempt #4+ has 50%
    these should read:
    Next Attempt after 2nd reward drawn has 25%
    All attempts after 3rd reward drawn have 50%

calling it #3 and #4 is misleading, since getting the 2nd and third rewards to pull take multiple tries usually.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm sure it's just confirmation bias, but I swear that after beating a CP node for the first time I get the Critical Boost reward way more than 25% of the time. Maybe I should start keeping track....
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I tend to notice that I get CP points from nodes when I have only a very few, but as I start to get up to 25 again, the nodes are far more reluctant to award me the points. It's like opening an LT and you're rewarded with that one 4 star you have yet to roster. icon_lol.gif
  • Nick441234
    smkspy wrote:
    It's like opening an LT and you're rewarded with that one 4 star you have yet to roster. icon_lol.gif

That is so true! I'll get a cover, and then have to wait an age for the next one.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    So I coded a test bed using the logic provided by the devs.

I ran a 2, 10,000 player simulations.

Number of Completions to Obtain all 4 Prizes
    • MIN: 4
    • MEAN: 7.0137
    • MAX: 23

Number of Completions to (atleast) get the Command Point out
    • MIN: 1
    • MEAN: 4.0283
    • MAX: 22
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    lost in the fury over the 20 iso reward uselessness, is the fact that a critical boost 'reward' is probably more useless than 20 iso. dunno bout the rest of you, but i think i've used that thing once?

a health pack would be a better option.
  • Nick441234
    I seem to be getting more and more critical boosts as my first 'reward' now too. I dont think I've ever used one.
  • TxMoose
    Hendross wrote:
    So I coded a test bed using the logic provided by the devs.

I ran a 2, 10,000 player simulations.

Number of Completions to (atleast) get the Command Point out
    • MAX: 22
    sry, but 22X to get it really shouldn't happen. to me it should be capped at 10 or so. 23 is messed up. I know that's an extreme case, but I've made it to 11 before and that was just rage inducing. moose-rage sucks btw.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've played this node 8x, still 2/4 rewards earned
    emYzFqE.jpg?1sJ26weh.jpg?1
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    My experience has been that I either get it on the first attempt - or I don't get it at all. The Command Point node is usually frustrating enough that I don't have the intestinal fortitude to attempt it multiple times when I know that 20 ISO looms like a nasty, diseased, mocking vulture on the horizon after a bloody, debilitating fight. If they guaranteed 4/4 before 20 ISO I would likely spend *more* money on the game, knowing I was guaranteed that sweet command point if I would only have to complete the difficult node a MAXIMUM of four times to get the prize I wanted. Just need to beat it once more? I'm out of Health Packs? The sub is about to end? Sure, I might spend a few bucks on HP to get health packs. Getting 20 ISO after spending health packs, with no guarantee that the next time I'll earn the prize makes me far less likely to spend money on the game.