Stop giving 20 ISO rewards first, discussion and musings

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Infrared wrote:
    I can only guess what that benefit is.
    We'd end up with marginally more health packs and marginally more ISO. Hardly game-breaking. I tend to think it's philosophical. They think adding randomness increases player engagement. Look at how the whole game is built around a f'ing token nowadays.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I stopped running the PVE's completely again about two weeks after CP was available in them.

For awhile I ran to that CP node and tried to up my chance for LT's. But CP is a very, very slow drip-drip...and RNG of LT's makes it feel not worthwhile.

But why I stopped after a couple of weeks is I cannot even begin to tell you the number of times I ran incredibly difficult nodes to 1 point of value, and had not received the CP. The number of times that happened was WAY higher than the number of times I got the CP after one try.

Super hard/scaled nodes over and over for one CP when you need 25 to get yourself another IW/SL? Yeah...no thanks. I'll just enjoy the game without PVE again.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I cannot even begin to tell you the number of times I ran incredibly difficult nodes to 1 point of value, and had not received the CP.
    But see, you were engaged enough to play it down to 1, so their plan is working icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Two months and 325 up-votes later....lets you know how much your opinion matters to D3, doesn't it?
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Two months and 325 up-votes later....lets you know how much your opinion matters to D3, doesn't it?

Yep, probably why I'm playing more Galaxy of Heroes these days. For some reason going f2p on the most pay to win ridiculousness app that I've ever seen still feels more fair and reasonable than MPQ.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I dunno about anyone else but when I complete these awful CP nodes the first time (the only time you are guaranteed a prize) It is pretty much always crit boost, I've finally accepted that there's a very high chance I won't get the cp but why the name of odins beard do I never get the other prizes?

So when I'm guaranteed a prize then the guarantee is a crit boost and IF I choose to play that node again (which I won't) then there's a 50/50 chance it will be 20iso (which in experience is more like 90/10 in favour of iso).

I actually stopped grinding these nodes as 600 heathpacks for 1 CP didn't really seem worthwhile
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually stopped grinding these nodes as 600 heathpacks for 1 CP didn't really seem worthwhile

Especially with these recent Venom nodes I have definitely not being grinding them down for the CP, instead they have just served as an additional irritation on top of the other stuff that detracts from the great combo of Marvel and match-3.
  • DalekGAF
    DalekGAF Posts: 52 Match Maker
    If I've grinded a node down to 1 point - I should receive all the rewards of that node. Plain and simple. Currently dealing with this **** in the Heroic PVE. What a pain in the butt.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, with the EotS event just finished, I gotta say it's REALLY unrewarding to have to fight 6 waves of high leveled goons & Gorgon, only to be rewarded with 20 ISO.

Multiple wave nodes are worse, because they only give a good reward the first time you clear it. You don't even get 20 ISO from each wave, at minimum. In my opinion this is a serious oversight.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    This thread:

tumblr_lksm7iWDa71qfaf4lo1_500.gif

Almost 2 months later and it still makes me happy every time this thread rises from the ashes. I'd be a lot happier if they just fixed/changed it though.
  • limonade
    limonade Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Honestly!

7 games in a row. All 20 ISOs!

I am not even getting the other rewards.

I'm still at 1/4

This **** is frustrating!

It's tough enough to go through it 4 times. But come on!

I don't want to keep coming to this forum and complain. I would much rather shower the devs with compliments or recommend this to friends.

But I can't. Partly because of how ridiculous this is, now that CPs are on the table. I just want to feel rewarded from a tough fight. That's all. Not made a fool of especially 7 times in row.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I ground down the Iceman node in the final EOTS sub to 1 before I got my 2nd reward which was finally the CP.

It sucks to potentially lose placement rewards because we have to do this to get the magical CP where we can since the upgrade change.
  • djdv81
    djdv81 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I have a feeling this is going to happen.

xf1nt.jpg
  • Wooodd
    Wooodd Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Surely they can afford a little more iso flowing into the economy of the game without breaking anything. Heck any small amount would help.

Hows about letting me cash in my surplus AP for iso. So if I finish a match with:

6 blacktile.png
    2 bluetile.png
    3 greentile.png
    1 purpletile.png
    12 redtile.png
    0 yellowtile.png
    3 tutile.png

Total of 27 surplus AP, heres an additional 27 iso in addition to the reward lottery.

I'd even settle for 1 iso per 2 AP.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Wooodd wrote:
    Surely they can afford a little more iso flowing into the economy of the game without breaking anything. Heck any small amount would help.

Hows about letting me cash in my surplus AP for iso. So if I finish a match with:

6 blacktile.png
    2 bluetile.png
    3 greentile.png
    1 purpletile.png
    12 redtile.png
    0 yellowtile.png
    3 tutile.png

Total of 27 surplus AP, heres an additional 27 iso in addition to the reward lottery.

Interesting idea. Even at 1 ISO per AP the max is 210 extra ISO and that makes for longer matches if someone wants to get full AP before finishing the match.
  • Wooodd
    madok wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:

6 blacktile.png
    2 bluetile.png
    3 greentile.png
    1 purpletile.png
    12 redtile.png
    0 yellowtile.png
    3 tutile.png

Interesting idea. Even at 1 ISO per AP the max is 210 extra ISO and that makes for longer matches if someone wants to get full AP before finishing the match.
    At 1 iso per 2 AP would only give 10 - 20 iso on average so its not a lot, but at the same time it gives the player the sense that they have some control over their iso earnings.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Wooodd wrote:

6 blacktile.png
    2 bluetile.png
    3 greentile.png
    1 purpletile.png
    12 redtile.png
    0 yellowtile.png
    3 tutile.png

interesting dynamic. One could stay in the match longer to earn more AP, which increases the risk of needing a health pack. Interesting.
  • Wooodd
    chamber44 wrote:
    Wooodd wrote:

6 blacktile.png
    2 bluetile.png
    3 greentile.png
    1 purpletile.png
    12 redtile.png
    0 yellowtile.png
    3 tutile.png

interesting dynamic. One could stay in the match longer to earn more AP, which increases the risk of needing a health pack. Interesting.
    I like it (well I'm bound to if I posted it).

Would give comparatively little asditio al iso to the playerbase, but I think it would quell a lot of the fustration over the demand for iso in the game.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is this not fixed?

icon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gif
    Screenshot_20160119_103220.png
    icon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gificon_mad.gificon_evil.gif

Have the devs even commented yet?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, they said it's hard to fix. Nobody believes them, but there you go.