MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2015 - Update 11/19/15

Comments

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    That's Thick as Thieves, last and first sub.
    Florida has half a dozen or so non-repeatable nodes that needs to be played to unlock repeatable nodes. The high point node has Ares, Daken and Venom. There's a lot of overscaled Dark Avengers in general in The Hunt.

Thanks for the refresher on that.
    It can't be as bad as some of the over scaling of the Sentry PVE though.
    All sub-brackets in that event are riddled with them, but the sub that features Human Torch, Spider-Man, & Daredevil is the best example of over scaling combined with bastardly fights in the entire game almost.
    Nodes with a Level 200+ Human Torch? Especially the one where he is being fed green by 2 Flame Thrower Hammer goons? No thanks...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    That's Thick as Thieves, last and first sub.
    Florida has half a dozen or so non-repeatable nodes that needs to be played to unlock repeatable nodes. The high point node has Ares, Daken and Venom. There's a lot of overscaled Dark Avengers in general in The Hunt.

Thanks for the refresher on that.
    It can't be as bad as some of the over scaling of the Sentry PVE though.
    All sub-brackets in that event are riddled with them, but the sub that features Human Torch, Spider-Man, & Daredevil is the best example of over scaling combined with bastardly fights in the entire game almost.
    Nodes with a Level 200+ Human Torch? Especially the one where he is being fed green by 2 Flame Thrower Hammer goons? No thanks...
    I usually have more problems with Florida, but I like fast attack teams - they work well against Torch, less so against Ares...
  • I, for one, am getting sooooo tired of fighting Bullseye. Maybe it's that all my go-to's these days use a lot of purple but man am I sick of those stupid protect tiles piling up. I never lose they just lengthen the match and get boring.

My other giant pet peeve right now is the animation for a couple of the goons that has some lengthy delay where the tile counts down, then there's like a 10 second pause that feels like 3 minutes, then some damage happens. I forget which ones do it but man its annoying.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    vudu3 wrote:
    I sure hope so. I really need the red Falcap cover from the 1,000 point progression reward coming up next.
    The Sam Wilson cover for placement in X-23 is Red. The Sam Wilson progression cover in Sentry after that is Yellow.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Ah, Florida. The last time that sub ran was the first time that I was able to do full clears of it. All the previous iterations always had a node (Jet Packs? LMD?) that would completely obliterate whoever I used.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    There's a lot of overscaled Dark Avengers in general in The Hunt.

That seems to be the case for almost every pve event they run to be fair. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    There's a lot of overscaled Dark Avengers in general in The Hunt.

That seems to be the case for almost every pve event they run to be fair. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Not Enemy of the State. It has ninjas instead.
    I think a lot of the dislike for The Hunt is from the old system with partially overlapping subs and repeating the same subs over and over with the difficulty increasing each time. A whole week of getting slammed by Ares over and over got... tedious. It's not that bad as a four day event though.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX - Update with further look into November please?
    Also, when does Phoenix go into packs? I thought it was today, but could be wrong (as she's not there yet).
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Also, when does Phoenix go into packs? I thought it was today, but could be wrong (as she's not there yet).

If she does go in today, it'll probably be in the server patch that goes up around 5 PM Eastern time.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the 12th.
  • Orti
    Orti Posts: 20
    Can you please update us on pvps and upcoming buffs? Thanks!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards

phoenix hits thursday nov 12 the pain the pain
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    @IceIX: Please update the DPD and buffed heroes for this week. Thanks
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    @IceIX: Please update the DPD and buffed heroes for this week. Thanks

Just for reference, even if it doesn't get updated here, you can find the DDQ roster here: http://mpq.gamependium.com/ddq/
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Every new 4* means less chance of getting the covers you actually want/need....so I wish they'd slow the heck down....and TAH is first char that is a JOKE!!! Unless he's got powers that turn the game on it's head...don't know if i'll even roster him...with over 100 classic marvel chars not in game yet it's very frustrating to see a ridiculous char being made...especially as a 4*...so he's gonna be better that actual Hulk, so freakn lame!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omg Growth Industry is back!! Will the new 4* be released for this event?! I'm assuming yes. Is it Yellow Jacket for the Ant Man DVD release?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Red 8 AP - Creates a CD tile that deals damage every 2 turns and makes an Attack tile. If enemy team has more villains than heroes, the CD deals bonus damage

Who is classified as a villain, and who would be considered just an anti-hero?
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Omg Growth Industry is back!! Will the new 4* be released for this event?! I'm assuming yes. Is it Yellow Jacket for the Ant Man DVD release?

That would make sense, but that power set sounds an awful lot like 4* Punisher. He's getting his own Netflix series.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    ZeroKarma wrote:

That would make sense, but that power set sounds an awful lot like 4* Punisher. He's getting his own Netflix series.

His own series for sure, or just an appearance on season 2 of Daredevil?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    More damage to villains, damage as a % of damage done, looks like Ghost Rider, and fits the patch hint