MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2015 - Update 11/19/15

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2015
*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.

CHARACTERS
    icon_jeangrey.png The 5* for the month is Jean Grey (Phoenix). Her character thread is here.

icon_x23.png Our first 4* release for the month is X-23 (All New Wolverine), with a character thread here.

icon_ghostrider.png Our second 4* is for this month is the spirit of vengeance himself, Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)! Go check out his abilities and ongoing player conversations about him here.

icon_hulkcho.png Technically a December release, but well known to be releasing next is the Totally Awesome Hulk, Amadeus Cho. Pre-release character thread is here. Here's a quick precis for him:
      Mastermind Excello - 12 AP - Destroys a selected 3x3 block of tiles and deals damage + bonus damage for each Blue AP the team has.
      See the Math of It - 7 AP - Places a CD that, when activated, creates Blue Charged tiles and destroys Green tiles, dealing damage and gaining AP.
      Hot Dog Stand - 5 AP - Only usable if < 7 Blue on the board. Stuns Cho for a turn, healing him and creating Blue tiles.

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
        Steve Rogers (Captain America) - First Avenger Sam Wilson (Falcon) - Top Gun Captain Marvel (Modern) - Fly-Fight-Win Cyclops (Uncanny) - Eye for an Eye Human Torch (Classic) - Hotshot Loki (Dark Reign) - God of Lies

UPCOMING PVE EVENTS
        Oscorp Heroic Hearts of Darkness - New PVE and premiere of Ghost Rider Meet Rocket & Groot The Hulk

UPCOMING DEADPOOL'S DAILIES
        She Hulk - Green Deadpool - Purple Gamora - Red Black Widow - Red Loki - Purple Crash of the Titans Required: Sam Wilson
        Daken - Black Squirrel Girl - Purple Doctor Doom - Blue Mystique - Blue The Hulk - Red Crash of the Titans Required: Jean Grey

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
        11/19/15-11/25/15
        4* - Cyclops (Classic), Mr. Fantastic
        3* - Beast, Captain Marvel (Modern), Daredevil, Mystique, Quicksilver
        2* - Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Moonstone
        1* - Iron Man (Model 35), Juggernaut
          11/26/15-12/02/15
          4* - Ghost Rider (New Character), Red Hulk, Thing
          3* - Blade, Cyclops, Hood, Psylocke, Squirrel Girl
          2* - Ares, Bullseye
          1* - Hawkeye, Yelena Belova
            12/03/15-12/09/15
            4* - The Hulk (Totally Awesome) (New Character), Star-Lord, X-23
            3* - Black Panther, Falcon, Kamala Khan, Ragnarok, Thor
            2* - Daken, Storm
            1* - Spider-Man, Venom

Updates
            11/10/15 - Updated all sections
            11/19/15 - Updated all sections

Comments

• Malcrof
              Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
              Hooray for the November Thread! Also, if it holds to form, possibly only a 3 day event for next 4* release?? Yes please!
            • fmftint
              fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
              IceIX wrote:
                11/5/15-11/11/15
                4* - Carnage, Deadpool (X-Force)
                3* - Colossus, Doctor Doom, Hulk, Luke Cage, She-Hulk
                2* - Black Widow (Original), Steve Rogers (Captain America)
                1* - Storm (Modern), Venom
                Oh no, 3 hour matches all week long
              • IceIX
                Malcrof wrote:
                Hooray for the November Thread! Also, if it holds to form, possibly only a 3 day event for next 4* release?? Yes please!
                The next 4* isn't being released for a bit so the event plan is very very sketchy at that point. November has 3 character releases including Phoenix, but in terms of "standard" releases, X-23 and our next character pretty well bookend the month.
              • wymtime
                wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
                IceIX wrote:
                Malcrof wrote:
                The next 4* isn't being released for a bit so the event plan is very very sketchy at that point. November has 3 character releases including Phoenix, but in terms of "standard" releases, X-23 and our next character pretty well bookend the month.
                Ice do the Devs realize players don't like 7 day PVE because they are too long and a huge grind to 1 legendary token? Any thoughts to just make all PVE 3 and 4 day events? Oh and none of them heroics?
              • Punisher5784
                Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
                IceIX wrote:
                Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2015

The 5* for the month is Jean Grey (Phoenix). Her character thread is here.

Wow you used my thread! I made it when I was bored at work, always wanted to make one. Thanks IceIX icon_e_biggrin.gif
              • Malcrof
                Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
                wymtime wrote:
                IceIX wrote:
                Malcrof wrote:
                Ice do the Devs realize players don't like 7 day PVE because they are too long and a huge grind to 1 legendary token? Any thoughts to just make all PVE 3 and 4 day events? Oh and none of them heroics?

I would not mind 7 day events, if the rewards were the same as a 4 day and 3 day combined, as far as progression. Heroics, love'em or hate'em, they have a purpose.. find oddball teams to take out nasty leveled low AP needing chars, yes they are rough, but some of my favorite teams i use currently have been formed out of desperation during a heroic pve in my 3* transition time. Plus, the progressions are always very fast on them.
              • rossmon
                rossmon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
                I missed 'next story episode' on my first read through.....
              • IceIX
                Malcrof wrote:
                wymtime wrote:

I would not mind 7 day events, if the rewards were the same as a 4 day and 3 day combined, as far as progression. Heroics, love'em or hate'em, they have a purpose.. find oddball teams to take out nasty leveled low AP needing chars, yes they are rough, but some of my favorite teams i use currently have been formed out of desperation during a heroic pve in my 3* transition time. Plus, the progressions are always very fast on them.
                Command Points will also be given out in nodes at a comparative rate during 7 day Events too, so there's another reason to go into them besides just the push to the Legendary progression.
              • Chirus
                Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
                IceIX wrote:
                Malcrof wrote:
                wymtime wrote:

Command Points will also be given out in nodes at a comparative rate during 7 day Events too, so there's another reason to go into them besides just the push to the Legendary progression.

But that CP will also only be given out as part of a "bonus rollout" right? Or will you guys clarify the part in the monthly video that made it sound like all the cp we'll ever see will only be for a limited time only or are a part of the so-called "bonus rollout"?
              • fmftint
                fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
                IceIX wrote:
                Can we get rid of 20 iso until 4/4 rewards obtained? I'd hate to miss command points because RNG refused to give me all node rewards
              • IceIX
                Chirus wrote:
                But that CP will also only be given out as part of a "bonus rollout" right? Or will you guys clarify the part in the monthly video that made it sound like all the cp we'll ever see will only be for a limited time only or are a part of the so-called "bonus rollout"?
                The bonus roll-out is as follows:

5 CP for playing between 10/26 and 11/4
                1 CP a day in 11/5 - 11/10 DDQs
                5 CP for getting 300 or more points in X-23 Versus
                5 CP for connecting to Facebook
                5 CP for having supported the game through a purchase

So 25 total that is a bonus portion. CP will be regularly available elsewhere as well in an ongoing fashion. Yes, that does mean that Deadpool Dailies won't *always* be a place for CP. That may change in the future though depending on what kind of inflow/outflow we're seeing for players in the game. DDQ is one of the easiest ways to insert something to help out with that.
              • yes, friggin' green rags(need that, the stuck situation kinda remind me of old vaulted 3*)
              • slidecage
                slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
                IceIX wrote:
                Chirus wrote:
                The bonus roll-out is as follows:

5 CP for playing between 10/26 and 11/4
                1 CP a day in 11/5 - 11/10 DDQs
                5 CP for getting 300 or more points in X-23 Versus
                5 CP for connecting to Facebook
                5 CP for having supported the game through a purchase

So 25 total that is a bonus portion. CP will be regularly available elsewhere as well in an ongoing fashion. Yes, that does mean that Deadpool Dailies won't *always* be a place for CP. That may change in the future though depending on what kind of inflow/outflow we're seeing for players in the game. DDQ is one of the easiest ways to insert something to help out with that.

how about the people who play on steam You do not allow us to hook our facebook into it.. How do we earn those 5 pts or is it just too bad for us icon_e_smile.gif

a way to make 7 days better how about if the LG token is rewarded at 80k give one at 40 and 80k .. ALSO on 48 hour nodes why is gold doubled but not the tokens

24 hour nod 100 and 2 covers for top 2
                48 hour nod 250 and 2 covers for top 2 (shold be 4)

careful when releasing that 4 star... do it thanksgiving and everyone will got turkey insane icon_e_smile.gif

so im guessing 4 star will hit on the 19th..
              • Please take into consideration Thanksgiving week when planning the next 4* release. Please. It was hard to wrangle players over Halloween weekend. I know you can't make any promises, but keep it in the back of your mind at least?
              • Wolarsen
                Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
                Prodigal Sun has always granted a Sentry cover at the very end; it was an amazing feature, but I guess we can agree that its value is very small nowadays. Any chance to replace it for a proper reward, like a 4* or a Legendary token?
              • Nellobee
                Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
                mindsuckr wrote:
                Please take into consideration Thanksgiving week when planning the next 4* release. Please. It was hard to wrangle players over Halloween weekend. I know you can't make any promises, but keep it in the back of your mind at least?

For some of us, that would be the best time, however.
              • Quebbster
                Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
                Wolarsen wrote:
                Prodigal Sun has always granted a Sentry cover at the very end; it was an amazing feature, but I guess we can agree that its value is very small nowadays. Any chance to replace it for a proper reward, like a 4* or a Legendary token?
                I don't mind a guaranteed 500 ISO for a node that can only be played once...
              • puppychow
                puppychow Posts: 1,453
                slidecage wrote:

careful when releasing that 4 star... do it thanksgiving and everyone will got turkey insane icon_e_smile.gif

umm... when did the x-23 debut event take place? Yes, a holiday weekend (kids&adults will swear that Halloween is considered a holdiay icon_lol.gif ). So why would D3 change that and AVOID releasing next character during the next holiday weekend? Come on. icon_twisted.gif
              • GrumpySmurf1002
                GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
                slidecage wrote:
                how about the people who play on steam You do not allow us to hook our facebook into it.. How do we earn those 5 pts or is it just too bad for us icon_e_smile.gif

No really, this needs a response.

25 points for most of the player base, 20 points for Steam players is, for lack of a better term, a big FU to players that are just as loyal.
              • slidecage
                slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
                puppychow wrote:
                slidecage wrote:

umm... when did the x-23 debut event take place? Yes, a holiday weekend (kids&adults will swear that Halloween is considered a holdiay icon_lol.gif ). So why would D3 change that and AVOID releasing next character during the next holiday weekend? Come on. icon_twisted.gif

i think the offices are in the states so they would be mostly closed weds to sunday. Just think if something would happen AHHHHHHHHH

Hey ICE or another person who works for the company can you give us an idea what about how many Commander points will be per season