MPQ Sneak Peek: Upcoming In November, 2015 - Update 11/19/15

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Simple solution to the 3/7 day conundrum: have 7 day events award two Legendaries, one at the halfway progression mark, one at the final (current) progression mark. Same outcome as if two 3-day events had been run at the same time. Plus, good PR resulting from a "more achievable" Legendary.

Win-win for everyone.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    x-23 pvp is supposedly after cmags pvp yet the 1st place isn't x-23, it's falcap. just wondering if the plan is being changed?
  • x-23 pvp is supposedly after cmags pvp yet the 1st place isn't x-23, it's falcap. just wondering if the plan is being changed?

Curious about this as well. Are we getting Weapon Tex-Mex first, with X23's PVP (When I Think About You I Cut Myself) after the weekend?
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    I sure hope so. I really need the red Falcap cover from the 1,000 point progression reward coming up next.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    j12601 wrote:
    x-23 pvp is supposedly after cmags pvp yet the 1st place isn't x-23, it's falcap. just wondering if the plan is being changed?

Curious about this as well. Are we getting Weapon Tex-Mex first, with X23's PVP (When I Think About You I Cut Myself) after the weekend?
    Should have been fixed in the daily patch. X-23 Green should be the Magneto reward. Can you try checking again?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

Should have been fixed in the daily patch. X-23 Green should be the Magneto reward. Can you try checking again?
    I suppose the T10 story mode cover being T1 versus cover is, "just coincidence"...
    Again
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    IceIX wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

X-23 is the first place reward now, when I just checked.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    I suppose the T10 story mode cover being T1 versus cover is, "just coincidence"...
    Again

RNGesus obviously has a sense of humour. T_T
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

can confirm it was changed x-23 green, barely had a chance to look at it right now. doesn't that mean i get a free x-23 for finding a problem. i wish.......,thx for checking the problem out ICE.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    X-Pool AND Carnage all week? this is gonna be the best week EVER
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    j12601 wrote:

I hope they aren't running Weapon Tex Mex this week, after all 4pool is boosted and he wouldn't be available for one of the PvP's in that case.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Hunt - 3 Day

I just realised, no one else had mentioned this.. wow! Only one day of Florida.. icon_lol.gif
    Unfortunately, that would put the event end on Sunday. I think it will be a four day event as usual...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope this new character is someone from brand new marvel thats not in game or jessica jones.

It's getting weird seeing competitor games getting more recent characters and this one getting 2 of the last 4 releases being some form of wolverine.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Hope this new character is someone from brand new marvel thats not in game or jessica jones.

It's getting weird seeing competitor games getting more recent characters and this one getting 2 of the last 4 releases being some form of wolverine.

There was a previous post about Awesome Hulk coming to the game, that is probably going to be the next 4* in the game.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:

In fairness, the latest release is a more recent character (or at least a new take on her) AND a Wolverine. With Marvel Puzzle Quest, you CAN have it all!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Hunt - 3 Day

I just realised, no one else had mentioned this.. wow! Only one day of Florida.. icon_lol.gif
    florida wouldn't be so bad if I could identify which nodes will be replayable and which nodes are one-timers. as is I can't tell and have to do every freaking node on my first clear which takes forever. florida is my least favorite pve sub of all of them.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    TxMoose wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Hunt - 3 Day

I just realized, no one else had mentioned this.. wow! Only one day of Florida.. icon_lol.gif
    Florida wouldn't be so bad if I could identify which nodes will be replayable and which nodes are one-timers. as is I can't tell and have to do every freaking node on my first clear which takes forever. Florida is my least favorite pve sub of all of them.

I don't recall offhand why Florida in The Hunt is so bad. I can't quite remember which sub is which even though we only have the same 6 or 7 PVE events cycled over and over.
    Whichever PVE sub with the crazy high level Hood & Magento node is my least favorite. The 3 top-end nodes in this sub also all have a high level Hood in them, paired with Bulleye and/or Ares. Not fun.

A close 2nd is whichever PVE sub has the crazy high level Skulls posing as a 1 star Iron Man, Magneto, and a Maggia Don. It was made noticeably harder when Magneto got his nerf and his powerset changed. The Don gave him Blue & Yellow every turn, so you'd get hit with Magneto Shields like every 3 turns, and eventually his Blue.
    This fight has changed the last few runs though, and I think sometimes this node has an Iron Fist in it instead of Magneto for a new kind of torment. I think they switch it around every time it's available, and sometimes it's not nearly as rough as the original setup.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Hunt - 3 Day

I just realized, no one else had mentioned this.. wow! Only one day of Florida.. icon_lol.gif
    Florida wouldn't be so bad if I could identify which nodes will be replayable and which nodes are one-timers. as is I can't tell and have to do every freaking node on my first clear which takes forever. Florida is my least favorite pve sub of all of them.

I don't recall offhand why Florida in The Hunt is so bad. I can't quite remember which sub is which even though we only have the same 6 or 7 PVE events cycled over and over.

As someone who lives in Florida... if you really want to know why people are terrified of it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    OJSP wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    The Hunt - 3 Day

Whichever PVE sub with the crazy high level Hood & Magento node is my least favorite. The 3 top-end nodes in this sub also all have a high level Hood in them, paired with Bulleye and/or Ares. Not fun.

A close 2nd is whichever PVE sub has the crazy high level Skulls posing as a 1 star Iron Man, Magneto, and a Maggia Don. It was made noticeably harder when Magneto got his nerf and his powerset changed. The Don gave him Blue & Yellow every turn, so you'd get hit with Magneto Shields like every 3 turns, and eventually his Blue.
    This fight has changed the last few runs though, and I think sometimes this node has an Iron Fist in it instead of Magneto for a new kind of torment. I think they switch it around every time it's available, and sometimes it's not nearly as rough as the original setup.
    That's Thick as Thieves, last and first sub.
    Florida has half a dozen or so non-repeatable nodes that needs to be played to unlock repeatable nodes. The high point node has Ares, Daken and Venom. There's a lot of overscaled Dark Avengers in general in The Hunt.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:

There's a mention in the video transcript that the other new character for November is somebody who's often-requested. (Lots of Gambit/Nightcrawler speculation.)

The announcement for Totally Awesome Hulk mentioned December, IIRC. My predictions are Jessica Jones and TAH for December. If there hadn't been the remark about the releases "bookending" the month, I'd say Jessica Jones for a release over the weekend of 11/19-11/23.