Options

Comments

• Lacydog69
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    Lacydog69 wrote:
    Lacydog69 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Does Berserker Fury do damage AND create strikes or create strikes only?

The language isn't exactly clear
    Holding Back - 8 greentile.png AP
    X-23 rips and tears at her foes, but even they can tell she's holding something back. Deals 548 damage. When activated, if her team has 9 or more Red AP, replace this power with Berserker Fury for the rest of the game.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Deals 767 damage. Creates 2 41 strength Strike tiles if
    Berserker Fury.
    Level 3: Deals 986 damage. Creates 2 52 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
    Level 4: Deals 1425 damage. Creates 2 75 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
    Level 5: Deals 2302 damage. Creates 2 122 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Deals 1955 damage. Creates 2 103 strength Strike tiles if
    Berserker Fury.
    Level 4: Deals 2824 damage. Creates 2 148 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
    Level 5: Deals 4561 damage. Creates 2 239 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.

I think it's pretty clear, at least the way I'm reading it is. The first power is holding back, i.e. doing damage. That power is then replaced, just like OML, once you use the power with 9 or more Red AP. So you no longer do direct damage, but instead add strike tiles so you can hit heavier. That's what I'm seeing at least.

The problem is that 4K damage is better than The strike tiles. And getting rid of the red ap doesn't reset the ability.
    So it would mean we have to avoid collecting any red when using her. I doubt the devs want that. I think it's just bad wording and that it makes strikes and does damage

I hope so, I'd hate to see a mechanic forcing you to spend your red AP before firing the ability, lest you get a power thats inferior.
  • RoryQ
    RoryQ Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Does both if you compare it to IF purple. His text has an 'or' stuck in, so I'd go damage plus strikes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RoryQ wrote:
    Does both if you compare it to IF purple. His text has an 'or' stuck in, so I'd go damage plus strikes.
    Hers says REPLACES

Holding Back: Damage

Berserker Fury: Strike tiles
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Initial on paper impressions:

8 green for 4561 damage and a bonus kicker you say? RIP XF
    14,000 health with reliable true healing you say? RIP XF

Snarky comments aside X-23 strikes me as a casual fun character to play. It's hard to really judge her power but I'm leaning towards Fury level tier if not slightly better due to true heal sustain.

Her green is amazing against 3*'s but pretty mediocre when up against 4*'s. The kicker will really help with but I read the skill as though you'll only get that benefit on the second cast. By that time the match will be almost done most of the time so it's mostly wasted.

The true heal passive is tough to judge. It will need some hands on play to really appreciate how strong/weak it is. I pretty much default this skill to 3 covers since MPQ is almost always offense over defense.

Her purple is the key draw obviously. Daredevils red is SUPER fun to use and this is a vastly superior take on it. It covers purple which makes it far more sustainable (lets face it people aren't running Ant-Man or Doom en masse). Purple is a high priority colour match in the current meta. It's self match damage is wonderful. The skill can be reduced in cost and Jean can't just wave her hand and spoil everything. Great stuff!

Casually speaking she'll pair very well with HB since he generates strikes and gives her the Red AP needed to meet her green skill kicker all with his black. Old Man Logan will generate plenty of tiles for her as well but who really cares once you have a viable 5*, lol.

Bottom Line:
    One great skill isn't enough to make her a great character. I can't see her having a presence in pvp but she seems like a fun character to play. I'll be happy to level her up but I'm in no rush to do so. 5/3/5 build most likely bust 3/5/5 could be viable as well.

Update: I didn't realize her purple is spent on self match. I just assumed it was like DD's red. My bad! This really hurts the character. I don't have hands on with a maxed level version but on paper I'd rank her around Star-Lord levels of good. Low tier. Below Fury for sure.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm positive that Berserker Fury is damage PLUS strike tiles. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is berserker fury damage plus strike tiles, or only strike tiles?

I read as berserker replaces original ability which seems to imply only strike tiles.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I'm positive that Berserker Fury is damage PLUS strike tiles. It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I disagree.

Damage plus strike tiles sounds op for that cost.

Imo the switch makes the character more balanced. You have to choose between matching red (and not using another character's red ability) or losing damage in place of strike tiles.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can't say I like her much. Her purple is just too unreliable and it costs way too much. Savage healing is nice for saving health packs but it does not fit the fast paced pvp meta to make a huge difference. Green is good but to get strike tiles you have to cast it twice which seems too slow. I can see people using her with some weird strike tile team hoping to score big with her trap tile but for serious pvp there are better green/purple users out there.
  • Highdark
    Highdark Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Her purple is ridiculous. 3/5/5. Def. let's you accidentally true heal with cascades. I'd agree her pink costs too much if it wasn't reduced by strike tiles. 6 mana ambush that drops a sacrifice strike tile if you match it or straight up deals 11k. Paired with Daken or blade hero is outrageous. Pretty impressive.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "Berserker Fury - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to the target and creates Black Strike tiles." is what ice said before numbers were put up i think it is just bad wording
  • TheOncomingStorm
    Options
    "Berserker Fury - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to the target and creates Black Strike tiles." is what ice said before numbers were put up i think it is just bad wording

You're 100% correct. I see that now where i9 is quoted in the second post on page 1.

It appears it's just worded wrong/inadequately on the ability description.
  • Sagirkedi93
    Sagirkedi93 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Okay she is a good and strong charecter. But her powers just like xforce's powers before the nerf. And her heal power is stronger than xforce. I cant understand. Why you nerf the xforce in this stiation.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Do not understand why anyone is calling her mediocre...every one of her powers is great. The red alone is worth the price as that's PER MATCH on those colours. Which means pairing her with a character that can cause cascades can potentially heal her to full with one cast.

Of course, none of this matters to me really, since she's just another character I'll only ever get to use viably as a loaner anyway.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay she is a good and strong charecter. But her powers just like xforce's powers before the nerf. And her heal power is stronger than xforce. I cant understand. Why you nerf the xforce in this stiation.
    Because top level PvP at the time was only X-force Wolverine + 4* Thor + featured character. With two characters so ahead of the power curve, there was little to no reason to play anything else.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I'm leaning towards a 5/3/5 build at least to start. If I'm reading it right, X-23 has to tank Red, Green and Purple in order to heal, and for every color she does not tank she gets less healing.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options

Assuming XFW's CD resolves and 3 normal matches for X-23 -
    Level 3: XFW heals for 4235, X-23 heals for 1956
    Level 5: XFW heals for 9899, X-23 heals for 4560

XFW's heal is "better" but X-23 is more sustainable (not to mention X-23 has more base health). Maybe XFW will get a boost out of the PX health tier.

Purple seems to be easiest call to max out given how it works on both your own or opponent match plus its lower likelihood to be overwritten. Hard to pass up that extra damage on Green and the difference in Red can be solved in prologue healing. 5/3/5 just on paper.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Because top level PvP at the time was only X-force Wolverine + 4* Thor + featured character. With two characters so ahead of the power curve, there was little to no reason to play anything else.

They were the two dominant characters in PvP. But now that Jeanbuster is the new meta and 5* characters are out they should reverse the nerf on XFW. He'd go back to usable but wouldn't be the strongest in the game
  • Quebbster
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

They were the two dominant characters in PvP. But now that Jeanbuster is the new meta and 5* characters are out they should reverse the nerf on XFW. He'd go back to usable but wouldn't be the strongest in the game
    I wouldn't say no to a bit more damage on X-force and a bit more health for Wolverine, but Surgical Strike went from extremely overpowered to acceptable power level, so I don't think it needs to change. It still packs a punch and shakes up the board, it doesn't need to generate and destroy AP.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gorgon knew she was coming
    x2_G.jpg
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    I think it's just bad wording
    Have you guys noticed that a lot of the recent ability descriptions are absolutely awful?? I mean come on, devs, if you can't manage to string together coherent sentences that clearly describe what these abilities can do, hire someone who can f'ing write. For ****'s sake, just walk into any Starbucks and ask the english lit major behind the counter if they'd like a job.