**** X-23 (All New Wolverine) ****

Options

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    poomermon wrote:
    So how that green is supposed to work? Do I have to use it once with 9 red ap to permanently change it to berserker fury or does it passively change when I have 9 red ap?

It's no different than 2* Wolverine. You wouldn't use his Green as soon as you get 6 AP unless you have a decent amount of Red AP saved to create more strike tiles.

Poomermon's question is understandable. From the info Ice listed, it just says it changes when the team has 9 Red AP; perhaps it could be worded better to specify if it's an active or passive change

An example of an active change: OML. Just because you have 12 Yellow AP doesn't automatically change his abilities; you actually have to use Living Legend to activate the change. Whereas it doesn't specify that X-23 actually has to use Holding Back in order to change it to Berserker Fury, or it automatically changes once you have 9 Red AP
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another Wolverine? icon_eek.gif Game should be renamed soon.

Welcome to "Wolverines Puzzle Quest"!!!
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:

icon_mrgreen.gif

Thank you for explaining my thoughts! icon_lol.gif
  • Iridious
    Iridious Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I would have really like it if it was phrased as
    IceIX wrote:
    While the team has 9 or more Red AP, changes to Berserker Fury.
    so it passively changed but you could use the red with someone else to drop her out of the berserker and back into holding back.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    how can anyone complain before they release her numbers
    We don't need the numbers to complain that we'd like to see something other than green/purple characters...
  • is there any information on when this character will be available???
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:

icon_mrgreen.gif

Thank you for explaining my thoughts! icon_lol.gif

D3 gets paid by the claw.
  • Another Wolverine? Another 4* Wolverine? Why not make her a 1* and complete the set, at least?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If at least she was Sabretooth... It can be Wolverine Puzzle Quest without Sabretooth icon_razz.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seriously, three of the past four characters released have had green and purple power pairings where one does big damage and the other feeds/boosts it. It's getting old!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    how can anyone complain before they release her numbers
    We don't need the numbers to complain that we'd like to see something other than green/purple characters...

We don't need the numbers to complain, period! This is the forums, man - it's kinda what we do.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Zarroc wrote:
    is there any information on when this character will be available???

Purely a guess, but I'm assuming in the PVE (ISO 8) starting after Enemy of the State.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It is not too late. Please change the colors, even if you keep the skills exactly the same. There is a serious problem you guys have with thinking you HAVE to use certain colors for certain types of skills, or to match the colors of a characters costume. You don't. This is a game, remember? Players would much prefer more color diversity so that we can have more team mate options. Right now, you are essentially saying that out of like 8 or so new character releases in the past few months, you cannot have 4 of them on the same team (in terms of color team mates).
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kevin61 wrote:

My thoughts too. Totally unnecessary character. With so many characters in the Marvel Universe, why the hell are we getting another Wolverine?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    It is not too late. Please change the colors, even if you keep the skills exactly the same. There is a serious problem you guys have with thinking you HAVE to use certain colors for certain types of skills, or to match the colors of a characters costume. You don't. This is a game, remember? Players would much prefer more color diversity so that we can have more team mate options. Right now, you are essentially saying that out of like 8 or so new character releases in the past few months, you cannot have 4 of them on the same team (in terms of color team mates).

Agree Agree Agree.
    C'mon Demiurge, there's still plenty of time before her release to at least, e.g., switch her green to yellow or something.
  • MEh, I was hoping for a 4* Daken. She's "close", but not as Daken-y as I hoped. The numbers for her are going to be SUPER important in order for her to be of any real use.
    - Unreall
  • DrLemniscate
    DrLemniscate Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    Definitely her best chances of seeing play are low AP cost abilities with high damage per AP.

The recent flurry of purple/green characters favor AoEs and/or abilities feeding their AoEs. If X-23 can pump out some high quick single target damage, she offers the best option for the current meta of quickly eliminating high risk targets.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    http://marvel.com/news/video_games/2534 ... _wolverine
    Looks like I was wrong about the purple cost. For 6 AP this could be a steal, particularly if it deals Ambush-levels of damage that gets boosted even more by strike tiles.
  • I'm also not so concerned about the colors. :shrug: I doubt at some point I'm using all purp/green chars. I doubt I'd focus on leveling them all at the same time either. This also preserves the usefulness of the older 4*s with the less used colors like 4hor or even Antman...so that might be part of the plan, to avoid a mass 'exodus' of older 4*s to newer 4*s (like what happened with 3*s)
    - Unreall
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm also not so concerned about the colors. :shrug: I doubt at some point I'm using all purp/green chars. I doubt I'd focus on leveling them all at the same time either.
    That's kinda the whole point. You're not gonna use them all, you're going to focus on leveling one... ie, all the rest are redundant.