**** X-23 (All New Wolverine) ****

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2015
    Thanks, IceIX! Interesting moves, and I can't wait to collect her.

But -- ANOTHER [passive]/green/purple character? Really?? I feel like we've had about 7 or 8 of them this year (including the recently released Red Hulk) and I can't possibly be alone in hoping for some more color variety. When going for full color coverage, my teams are starting to feel a bit cookie-cutter.

EDIT: yes, she's the 7th [passive]/green/purple released this year after Iron Fist, Kamala Khan, Scarlet Witch, Bullseye Classic, Jean Grey, and Red Hulk.

Color combos (for two active powers on characters with one passive) not yet represented in the 4* range:
    yellowflag.pngblueflag.png
    yellowflag.pnggreenflag.png
    yellowflag.pngblackflag.png
    redflag.pngblueflag.png
    redflag.pngblackflag.png
    blueflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    blueflag.pnggreenflag.png
    greenflag.pngblackflag.png

Color combos (for two active powers on characters with one passive) not yet represented in the game at all:
    yellowflag.pngpurpleflag.png
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228

But -- ANOTHER [passive]/green/purple character? Really?? I feel like we've had about 7 or 8 of them this year (including the recently released Red Hulk) and I can't possibly be alone in hoping for some more color variety. When going for full color coverage, my teams are starting to feel a bit cookie-cutter.

EDIT: yes, she's the 6th [passive]/green/purple released this year after Kamala Khan, Scarlet Witch, Bullseye Classic, Jean Grey, and Red Hulk.

Color combos (on a two-active-powers character) not yet represented in the 4* range:

redflag.pngblueflag.png
    redflag.pngblackflag.png

Color combos (on a two-active-powers character) not yet represented in the game at all:

purpleflag.pngblackflag.png

I think you may have forgotten some characters
    Color combos (on a two-active-powers character) not yet represented in the 4* range:
    yellowflag.pngblueflag.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png
    yellowflag.pnggreenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png
    yellowflag.pngblackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
    redflag.pngblueflag.png : icon_thor.png
    redflag.pngblackflag.pngicon_ironman.png
    blueflag.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_nickfury.png
    blueflag.pnggreenflag.pngicon_iceman.png
    greenflag.pngblackflag.pngicon_wolverine.png

Color combos (on a two-active-powers character) not yet represented in the game at all:

yellowflag.pngpurpleflag.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_antman.png
    purpleflag.pngblackflag.pngicon_kingpin.png
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Unimatrix, I think Marc Spector was reffering to characters with one passive (some other colour) and two actives with those specific colour pairings.
  • unimatrix
    unimatrix Posts: 228
    Sangfroid. I may have misunderstood Marc then.. Oops icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Getting back to the point, why are the devs still recycling the same color combinations on new characters. This is two in a row with the exact same pattern even down to the active/passive color distribution. Do they not think of these things?
  • Marc_Spector
    SangFroid wrote:
    Unimatrix, I think Marc Spector was reffering to characters with one passive (some other colour) and two actives with those specific colour pairings.

That is correct - I've changed my wording to be a bit more clear

No worries, Unimatrix!
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Getting back to the point, why are the devs still recycling the same color combinations on new characters. This is two in a row with the exact same pattern even down to the active/passive color distribution. Do they not think of these things?
    That's simply not true! Red Hulk is redtile.pnggreentile.pngpurpletile.png. X-23 is greentile.pngredtile.pngpurpletile.png. Give the devs a little bit of credit!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

EDIT: yes, she's the 6th [passive]/green/purple released this year after Kamala Khan, Scarlet Witch, Bullseye Classic, Jean Grey, and Red Hulk.

Color combos (for active powers on characters with one passive) not yet represented in the 4* range:

redflag.pngblueflag.png
    redflag.pngblackflag.png

Color combos (for active powers on characters with one passive) not yet represented in the game at all:

I think you forgot Iron Fist...
  • Marc_Spector
    Quebbster wrote:
    I think you forgot Iron Fist...

Thanks Quebbster, you're right -- he was released this year, in February! Which makes X-23 the 7th [passive]/green/purple character released this year. I've amended my post above accordingly.
  • hkattman
    hkattman Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Can we please stop duplicating the same heros? Do you only have the rights to use like 12 heros? The Marvel Universe is immense, but we get the same characters just in different clothes. I really don't care if Jean Grey changes her shirt, she's still Jean Grey. Let's get some new blood in this game.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Color combos (for two active powers on characters with one passive) not yet represented in the game at all:

Why don't Loki and Blade count? I must be misunderstanding your criteria.
  • Marc_Spector

Why don't Loki and Blade count? I must be misunderstanding your criteria.

My mistake! - Somehow missed that combo when quickly going through the Characters And Skills Compendium [Original post now amended]
  • hkattman wrote:
    Can we please stop duplicating the same heros? Do you only have the rights to use like 12 heros? The Marvel Universe is immense, but we get the same characters just in different clothes. I really don't care if Jean Grey changes her shirt, she's still Jean Grey. Let's get some new blood in this game.

At the very least, this isn't Logan. It is indeed a different person just with the same title.

It'd be like seeing Khamala Khan in the game and going "Why? We already got two Ms. Marvels?"

Except, uh. The more numerous Logan-Wolverines.
  • hkattman wrote:

I care about Jean Grey changing her shirt.

But back to the issue at hand...

Boo to another 4* that could have been a 3* or 2* instead of further diluting the already-too-crowded 4* pool.
    Boo to another passive/green/purple character.
    Boo to another version of wolverine in a game that's still missing a lot of beloved marvel characters.

Boo.

-GK
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Why's she get that much more HP than XFW? He strikes me as squishy with a chance of a good heal. Frankly, Rocket and Groot's heal is preferable to XFW's.

Especially when Wolverine can be one-shot by so many characters, why is his 10K HPs sufficient?

Onto this one. Hmmmm. She will need to be spectacular, or she'll never be used due to color proliferation.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Despite the complaining about more Purple/Green users, with the release of Surfer and OML, I've been specifically hoping for some good 4* characters that use Purple/Green... and lo and behold, we get Iceman, Red Hulk, X-23 in rapid order.

I'm very happy with these overall, because despite all the characters you've listed, 4* land specifically really didn't have enough reliable Purple/Green users.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between costing more and being a 4*, that purple power better deals WAY more damage than Daredevil's Ambush.
    Between the match colours and tank requirements to her red passive, she better restores WAY more HP than Patch.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    ronin-san wrote:
    Why's she get that much more HP than XFW?

Power Creep.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    poomermon wrote:
    So how that green is supposed to work? Do I have to use it once with 9 red ap to permanently change it to berserker fury or does it passively change when I have 9 red ap?

It's no different than 2* Wolverine. You wouldn't use his Green as soon as you get 6 AP unless you have a decent amount of Red AP saved to create more strike tiles.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    how can anyone complain before they release her numbers, sure her colors are a bit over used but without knowing how much she does we can't really say yay or nay