**** X-23 (All New Wolverine) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
edited July 2016 in Character Details
[anchor=x234]X-23 (All New Wolverine)[/anchor] icon_x23.png
4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile damage: 11/73/10/64/82/11/4.0x

Holding Back - 8 greentile.png AP
X-23 rips and tears at her foes, but even they can tell she's holding something back. Deals 548 damage. When activated, if her team has 9 or more Red AP, replace this power with Berserker Fury for the rest of the game.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Deals 767 damage. Also creates 2 41 strength Strike tiles if
Berserker Fury.
Level 3: Deals 986 damage. Also creates 2 52 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
Level 4: Deals 1425 damage. Also creates 2 75 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
Level 5: Deals 2302 damage. Also creates 2 122 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
Max Level
    Level 3: Deals 1955 damage. Also creates 2 103 strength Strike tiles if
Berserker Fury.
Level 4: Deals 2824 damage. Also creates 2 148 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.
Level 5: Deals 4561 damage. Also creates 2 239 strength Strike tiles if Berserker Fury.

Savage Healing - redtile.png Passive
(PASSIVE) Giving in to her animal instincts allows X-23's healing factor to work at maximum efficiency. Every time X-23 makes a Green, Red, or Purple match, she heals 183 health.
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Heals for 256 health. Level 3: Heals for 329 health. Level 4: Heals for 476 health. Level 5: Heals for 769 health.
Max Level
    Level 3: Heals for 652 health. Level 4: Heals for 941 health. Level 5: Heals for 1520 health.

Tracking Prey - 12 purpletile.png AP
X-23 tracks her enemy's scent. She creates a Purple Trap tile that deals 1370 damage when matched by the enemy. If X-23's team matches this tile, it deals 913 damage and creates a Black Strike tile of strength 54. Costs 1 AP less for every friendly Strike tile on the board (Minimum 6)
Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Enemy: 1918 damage. Friendly: 1278 damage and 1 strength 76 Strike tile. Level 3: Enemy: 2466 damage. Friendly: 1643 damage and 1 strength 97 Strike tile. Level 4: Enemy: 3562 damage. Friendly: 2374 damage and 1 strength 140 Strike tile. Level 5: Enemy: 5754 damage. Friendly: 3835 damage and 1 strength 227 Strike tile.
Max Level
    Level 3: Enemy: 4885 damage. Friendly: 3258 damage and 1 strength 193 Strike tile. Level 4: Enemy: 7056 damage. Friendly: 4706 damage and 1 strength 278 Strike tile. Level 5: Enemy: 11399 damage. Friendly: 7602 damage and 1 strength 449 Strike tile.

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2015
    IceIX wrote:
    [anchor=x234]X-23 (All New Wolverine)[/anchor]
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary)
    At Max Level: HP: 13934 Tile damage: 11/73/10/64/82/11/4.0x

Holding Back - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to enemy target. If the team has 9 or more Red AP, changes to Berserker Fury.
    Berserker Fury - Green 8 AP - Deals damage to the target and creates Black Strike tiles.

Savage Healing - (PASSIVE) - True healing every time X-23 makes a Red, Green, or Purple match.
    Tracking Prey - Purple 12 AP - Creates a Trap tile on Purple. If matched by the opponent, deals damage. If matched by the team, deals (less) damage and creates a Strike tile. Costs less for each friendly Strike tile on the board.

Seems okay, depending on damage levels. Purple is going to have to be massively decreased in AP by strike tiles. As we already know from other skills that have conditional AP costs (looking at you Quicksilver), it can really make their regular skills costs overpriced. 12 AP means the skill will never get used by the AI, so it will make this character useless. It isn't even an instant damage AOE 12 AP move, like most in 4 star land. It had better dish out insane damage. Also, she looks like a good partner for Cyclops.

https://youtu.be/KC_hqanbFZg Introduction video
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Green and Purple again, gee great...
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Savage Healing - (PASSIVE) - True healing every time X-23 makes a Red, Green, or Purple match.
    Is the healing triggered on any ally matching those colours or does X-23 need to be tanking that colour to heal?

EDIT: Reading it again, it sounds like X-23 needs to be doing the match in which case it is a little less useful unless it heals by a good amount.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Sounds like the makings of another useless 4*
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Ludaa wrote:

Seriously, and not only that, its another red passive. Like Rulk red passive, and JG blue passive. So we got Iceman (green and purple), JG (green and purple), Rulk (green and purple). Can we start trying to get more unique colors here?
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Is the healing triggered on any ally matching those colours or does X-23 need to be tanking that colour to heal?

EDIT: Reading it again, it sounds like X-23 needs to be doing the match in which case it is a little less useful unless it heals by a good amount.

I'd like to get dev confirmation on this. Can anyone match the tiles for X-23 to heal or is it like OBW where she has to match to activate?

I'm honestly disappointed in X-23 with the details we currently have. She's my most wanted character but she seems decent at best. Unless the numbers are really good.
    Like green does 5K damage and if the team has enough red the green needs to make 5 strikes that are at least 100 strong. Purple needs to make multiple traps ( 6 at max cover) and do 3K damage a piece. Which would be similar to Fury blue. If your match it the trap should do slightly under 2K and make a strike tile for 200

Hopefully the devs weren't too cautious with X-23. She definitely doesn't seem anything close to top tier 4*. Shame because I was really tempted to make her the first character I'd whale since she's my favorite marvel character. Hopefully the devs make some good tweaks before releasing her. That and the damage needs to be great
  • Shadow
    Shadow Posts: 155
    notamutant wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:

Seriously, and not only that, its another red passive. Like Rulk red passive, and JG blue passive. So we got Iceman (green and purple), JG (green and purple), Rulk (green and purple). Can we start trying to get more unique colors here?

What do JG, Iceman and X23 have in common? It's the "All New" purple and green replacement for the red, yellow, green characters.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    If the numbers are high she'll be great. If they're low she'll be bad. The skillset seems to match the character, and she's a natural pair for OML.

She looks more generally useful than RHulk on the same colors.
  • Seems like a good pair with SL with 5 in yellow
  • Will depend on the value of the blows to see if the character is good. Purple seems the ambush of Daredevil. I saw nothing special and appears to be one of the worst 4 *. I do not know why recently only put new characters and "good guys". The main features of it were removed, "trigger scent" and "analytical thinking" . It has become a common character that should not be 4 *. Like her brutal and brilliant and not only this runaway elephant.

Changing the subject, in which place is the classic characters, like Dr. Strange, and villains? Dormammu, Mysterio, Omega Red, Red Skull, Lady Deathstrike, Sabretooth, Juggernaut 4 *, Dark Phoenix and other.

In a moment no one will want to be a hero because it has no villain to face. Will become a very tedious training camp. To imagine the personal landing a new job. Cyclope will work in a steel mill. Wolvie in a factory of bread. Iceman in a distributor of ice cubes. Punisher will target shooting instructor. Ant man will turn plunger drains. Thing is mason. Human torch welder. IW CIA spy. Jean Grey circus magic. Deadpool advertiser promotion in supermarket. And so on.
  • I was interested in the cover of Laurel Kinney but then released All New Wolverine even discouraged. I want to see the damage Holding Back and Berserker Fury. Depending on the value I will not even waste my time trying their cover.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    What will make or break her, I think, is the minimum to the reduction cost of her purple. Anything up to 4-5 would be good. Anything above and she's Elektra 2.0.

It still saddens me the way 1-trap abilities work, all-or-nothing style. You get lucky and get a giant effect, you don't and you get literally nothing. And the fact that enemy especial tiles overwrite your traps always keeps the odds stacked against you. If I spend 12 mana in an ability (and the time and resources to level up this character) I shouldn't get laughed in my face by 2* bullseye making a purple match.
  • Wow what a disappointment. Was hoping for a BA character all i get is Electra 2.0 with the same active colors are JG, IM, and Rulk. Guess the positive is that I save myself a $$$ and time wasted on getting her.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't like the AI's chances at playing her correctly.

Colours are also a bit off for the types of powers.
    Black generally represents powerful attacks/abilities that have some drawback. Green putting strike tiles on black has no drawback. Make her passive Black instead (and colours green/black/purple) - now you can create these strong strike tiles with green, but you might have to get rid of them to heal.
  • uberhamster
    uberhamster Posts: 96 Match Maker
    It'd be really nice if colors could be shuffled around a little so that she's usable with more of the recent characters. icon_e_sad.gif

Maybe...

Yellow: Savage Healing
    Blue(Strategic, right?): Tracking Prey

Looking forward to seeing the numbers, though.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    One nice thing about Tracking Prey: Any friendly strike tile will reduce its cost, so she'll work well with other strike tile makers. It's still very expensive, so the numbers need to be big for it to be worth it. I don't really see the cost dropping below 9 under optimal conditions, TBH.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    So how that green is supposed to work? Do I have to use it once with 9 red ap to permanently change it to berserker fury or does it passively change when I have 9 red ap?
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    poomermon wrote:
    So how that green is supposed to work? Do I have to use it once with 9 red ap to permanently change it to berserker fury or does it passively change when I have 9 red ap?
    It's not passive - you have to activate it for switching.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    What will make or break her, I think, is the minimum to the reduction cost of her purple. Anything up to 4-5 would be good. Anything above and she's Elektra 2.0.

It still saddens me the way 1-trap abilities work, all-or-nothing style. You get lucky and get a giant effect, you don't and you get literally nothing. And the fact that enemy especial tiles overwrite your traps always keeps the odds stacked against you. If I spend 12 mana in an ability (and the time and resources to level up this character) I shouldn't get laughed in my face by 2* bullseye making a purple match.

Elektra is much better. I defeated Sentry, Daken and Kingpin level 266 with Elektra, Wolvie (Patch) and Loki. Detail: I could not 9 green in every match. His purple stole Sacrifice of the Sentry and Strikes the Best there is opposition. His black reverted blue blow Chemical Reaction. Elektra well used is level 4 *. As I said, I want to see the power of Holding Back and Berserker Fury to see if it's worth having your cover. All New Wolverine is not 4 * level because there is no special skill. Elektra will love steal their strikes tiles.
  • Another Wolverine? icon_eek.gif Game should be renamed soon.