Elektra's DDQ opponent: Blade!

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with my 5/4/4 Elektra @ 188. As I supected, she is a solid solo character. Wish I could try the node repeatedly.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    1/2/5 level 172, 8 tries, 7 of them with boosts.
    This felt VERY luck-dependent. If I got a good board, I did well. If I didn't, I got stomped.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    metabelian wrote:
    3/2/2 boosted black and purple and match damage. Surprisingly not that tough, got it easily on 4th turn.

Pulled a Kingpin purple, who should now be good to go for his DPD.

Seems like a lot of people pulled Kingpin, I pulled a black which I really needed. Guess its appropriate considering its Elektra.
  • Won after around 5 or 6 tries with a 4/1/0 Elektra.
  • spec: lv 150 0/5/4 with +ap

first try, blade got a lot cascade fired his black and purple(blade hp remaining: 300 ish)
    second try, elektra fire 2 red and one black(and untouchable)

so far this is the easiest 4* ddq ever. . . . . .for me(oh, and pull ?th GREEN xfw from leg token)
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    4/5/1 level 170 Elektra. No boosts. Got crushed my first 5 tries, then finally got a good board and stole strike tiles without Blade getting off a black or purple. Killed him by combining the black with the purple. Saving token for when Iceman gets added.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whew, this was a nail-biter for my level 147 3/2/2 Elektra. I defeated it on my fifth attempt. I thought I was in for aces on my first round, as I managed to land a match-five purple and a match-5 black in the first turn. However, Blade decided to one-up me and generated a cascade that left a good 20+ red tiles on the board. Death came swiftly for me.

On the fifth round I managed to steal two strike tiles and get out an attack tile early. Even at level 2 Shadow Step can deal a surprising amount of damage, and it helped me whittle him down before his match damage could do me in. I boosted +2 blue/purple +2 yellow/red, +2 green/black.

I am a little sad as that's the last star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png DDQ I have even the remotest chance at winning until X-force wolverine rolls around again.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am done trying, over a dozen fails with a 2/4/2 lvl 140 Elektra.. out of damage boosts.. have never once gotten enough purple to steal attack tiles, and only once did i get enough black , and those tiles went away in an insane ai cascade..

maybe next time.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    colwag wrote:
    Zanadin wrote:
    Did anyone else notice how their Blade seems to have 15/13 covers? He's a 5/5/5.

His black steals 3AP per turn (only available with 5 covers)
    His pink makes 2 attack tiles per use (only available with 5 covers)
    His green creates 2 strike tiles with only 10 red tiles on the board (both qualities obtained with the 5th cover)

I have his character page open in the battle and I'm cross-referencing it with the wiki and to a lesser extent my own memory.

I hadn't thought to look when facing the other opponents for CotT because I simply assumed they would not or could not do that. I get that the fights should be a challenge, but isn't boosting the character to 270 enough?

That's kinda standard for highly boosted/scaled characters in the game.

If you're going against a level 200 3* in PVE, you can bet that they're a 5/5/5 setup.

Not that it's fair or not (It's not) but it's been established as such for a while.

Once a char goes above their natural level cap* strange things happen (See lvl 200 Venom, or 270 Blade).

*note: when leveled, not due to boosts.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    And after my last failures I have leveled her to 150 and beated him on the first try (total of 5). I had a good board, I could deny him purple and black and he could just create two strike tiles (one I matched the other I stealed), he didn't use any active power. I could even cast two traps and they were neither matched or overwritten. So yeah I was lucky.

Even though now it's been easy, I still think that you need a good board and a 150+ level (so you have enough hit points to at least endure match damage, because you damage him very slowly - if not cover maxed of course).

Elektra is really really bad (yeah you can use her some times, but as stand alone I still think she is probably the worst of the 4s).
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    First try with 553 lvl 70! Had me down to 23 health, I played her black, and x2 double-cross which melted Blade away in a couple turns.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    And after my last failures I have leveled her to 150 and beated him on the first try (total of 5). I had a good board, I could deny him purple and black and he could just create two strike tiles (one I matched the other I stealed), he didn't use any active power. I could even cast two traps and they were neither matched or overwritten. So yeah I was lucky.

Even though now it's been easy, I still think that you need a good board and a 150+ level (so you have enough hit points to at least endure match damage, because you damage him very slowly - if not cover maxed of course).

Elektra is really really bad (yeah you can use her some times, but as stand alone I still think she is probably the worst of the 4s).

I strongly disagree. I think elektra is arguably better as a standalone than she is as a team player. she takes a little while to get going, but one-on-one, you can maximize the utility of her trap tiles until you can get her red/purple combo going. No one lasts long once you get 2-4 beefy strike tiles out on the board plus both black and red traps. that means that you are triple dipping on those strikes (at least) every round (once for your matches, once for the red trap tile, and again for every black trap that triggers).

Elektra has plenty of problems as a character design, but 100% damage mitigation and relatively scalable damage make her solid choice for solo play.

And in any event, Prof. X is clearly the weakest 4* on his own. he is designed to make other character's better. he has effectively no offensive powers on his own unless the board helpfully gives you a match 5.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    metabelian wrote:
    3/2/2 boosted black and purple and match damage. Surprisingly not that tough, got it easily on 4th turn.

Pulled a Kingpin purple, who should now be good to go for his DPD.

Seems like a lot of people pulled Kingpin, I pulled a black which I really needed. Guess its appropriate considering its Elektra.

170 3/5/5 first try. I also pulled Kingpin cover. Yellow cover for me.
  • It's kinda bull that Blade gets damage credit for cascades that happen if Electra's the black triggering causes one. I can't beat him with my lvl 111 1/2/2 Electra.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Laif2DX wrote:
    It's kinda bull that Blade gets damage credit for cascades that happen if Electra's the black triggering causes one. I can't beat him with my lvl 111 1/2/2 Electra.
    This happens with any defensive ability destroying tiles on the opponent's turn. Probably the most dangerous example is Wolverine's yellow.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Tried several times unboosted with a 1/1/2 maxed at 94. This will be "rest" day for my boost supply as I am under no delusion that I can boost my way to victory. I drained them pretty low during the first run of Galactus.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I dropped him with my 3 2 2 Level 147 Elektra.
    This was my 2nd attempt; the first one I went in blind with no boosts (and at Level 145) to see how it would go.
    This time I went in with + 2 G/B, + 2 All, + 30% Damage (still building these back up from the icon_devildino.png VS icon_squirrelgirl.png debacle...)
    Got pretty lucky with the initial board, there was no Purple at all almost, and within 2 turns I got off my Red and it just stayed there unmatched forever. Lots of Yellow & Blue for some reason, and any time there was a Purple, Black, or Red match I took it. And he got virtually NO cascades, which I think is a first for one of these fights.
    I saved my Black to absorb his, and got lucky again that when he used it, his Green countdown I was able to match away before he could drain even one turn of 3 Purple from me. That would have let him cast his.
    There were never enough total Red to trigger his Green passive until late game, when I was able to cast my Purple THREE TIMES IN A ROW! It was 2 over in about two turns after that. icon_e_smile.gif

So it IS possible with a relatively under-covered Elektra. You just have to be very lucky.

Got a icon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png from the Legendary token, which brings mine to 3 3 3. Makes him almost into fighting shape for the next time his comes around in like 4+ months.
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    My lvl 168 3/2/3 Elektra took 4 attempts and the strategy is to deny purple at all costs followed by black then red.

If he got thirsty and thought I was serving drinks then he was mistaken and I'd quickly double cross him and spiked his drinks instead.

If he tried to get me on the dance floor then I'd shadow step saying I wasn't interested. Then I'd show him my own dance moves and ballet is my thing. icon_e_wink.gif

From the shadow he came and to the shadow he returned after our brief encounter.

From my legendary token I got a red hulkbuster which is most welcome. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Attention all reds;

Remember awhile ago when we had a contest for a free cover? Here is a great opportunity. Since we have the preview of who will be the next essential for 4* ddq from the "off" vault (which is appreciated) why not make it into a weekly contest. The first 3 or 5 players to correctly guess the opponent gets their choice of iso, HP, or 1 cover (5*'s excluded of course). Who thinks this would be a good idea?

Also wanted to comment on today's fight, wiped him up first try with lvl 140 531 build rainbow ap boost, b/p ap boost, b/p DMG boost. Let him get a few strike tiles out, double crossed, fired red, followed BT black and it was game over....not to say it was not close but I think I had like 1500 health left
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4/3 level 172, took two tries (damage boost along with Red/Black). This matchup seems a bit more board dependent than many have been. If you can't match the red, he'll wipe out any of your red traps and you can't stop his generation.